Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart, for f***'S SAKE

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Stayed in the car to listen.Shame you can't get the questions pre booked for Saturday then some of the drivel would not get on.Thought Martin Perry answered ok.Harty thanked Colon very sarcastically for the bloke who rambled on and sounded like an old yokel.Harty can only do as good as the calls he gets.Overall very interesting comments from Martin Perry.But I do feel we could get more information if the questions could be pre arranged for Saturday.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Harty said:
So I take it you didn't enjoy it then?

I certainly enjoyed it and can't wait for Saturday's phone in.

I think some of the questions, however infuriating, needs to be asked on radio as not everyone reads NSC or The Argus!

Harty, the show is great, and hearing Martin Perry was great, but the quality of the callers was disappointing. You're not to blame for that though, we all are, as sadly those callers do seem a fair reflection of many Albion fans with their "ask not what I can do for the club, but what the club can do for me" mentality.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
London Irish said:
Harty, the show is great, and hearing Martin Perry was great, but the quality of the callers was disappointing. You're not to blame for that though, we all are, as sadly those callers do seem a fair reflection of many Albion fans with their "ask not what I can do for the club, but what the club can do for me" mentality.

Absolute bollox LI

The issue is far wider and bigger than a pathetic jibe like that.

The club needs money and the majority of people accept that but want a better idea than just "send us £100" and all is resolved.

Instead of bollocking on at length about these sponsorship forms Beach Hut, you would be better off contacting Falmer For All and volunteering your services to help organise it, if you feel that strongly about it. But perhaps you feel that's someone else's job.

Harty,

Apologies for going off on one so badly, and especially for swearing at you, but you've got to realise that that bloke just isn't on this planet. I don't know if he's a wind-up merchant, though from his aggresive nature I would think not, but he IS a f***ing arsehole. He's picking negativity in absolutely everything about the club, and offering nothing constructive in return, and when he runs out of things he starts making them up. I certainly don't remember there ever being £2m being promised for squad building in 1997.

I do stand by what I said about not letting him on, though. Spouting bullshit on here is one thing, most people know how to take it, but there will be a lot of regular listeners to your show that aren't familiar with NSC and will wonder what the hell you're doing constantly giving him airtime.

I DO think the phone-in idea is excellent, and getting Martin Perry on as to be applauded, but by trying this 'Devils advocate' role you're just pissing people off rather than sparking healthy debate, because healthy debate isn't something that 'Chris' and people like him, understand.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Beach Hut said:
The club needs money and the majority of people accept that but want a better idea than just "send us £100" and all is resolved.

At the end of the day they're telling the truth. They want our money. Fair enough. It's now up to the individual to donate.

Fund raising through other events is great. Ideas are allready beeing pursued. These events do tend to take a while to sort though and I think sponsoring someone to walk from the Pier to the Brighton Center is ridiculous.

It's not pretty but its how it is. Complaining won't help. You either give the club money or you don't. The club isn't perfect but its honest. Lets just get behind them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
London Irish said:
Instead of bollocking on at length about these sponsorship forms Beach Hut, you would be better off contacting Falmer For All and volunteering your services to help organise it, if you feel that strongly about it. But perhaps you feel that's someone else's job.

No I don't think it is my problem - BHAFC organise the Junior Seagulls so WTF don't they organise this.

Believe it or not we pay for them to be there so they can get of the lazy arses and do it rather than we keep volunteering our leisure time to resolve their issues.

Sorry LI but the club must think these things through themselves.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is always the same old thing 'the supporters will get us outr of this'. Will they their patience is begining to run out with the continual demands for more cash apart from the fact that a vast number can't afford it.

Unfortunately some members of the club/media/supporters groups etc want to put those who do not donate money for whatever reason on a guilt trip and make them feel inferior.

I for one have no problem with the £200k as I have said many times because it was unexpected and something the club could not have calculated for in their budget but why the remaining £2.1m. It is not acceptable to say that this is expenses we have incurred re Falmer and want to balance the books.

This is the type of question that should be put to MP

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Turkey said:
At the end of the day they're telling the truth. They want our money. Fair enough. It's now up to the individual to donate.

Fund raising through other events is great. Ideas are allready beeing pursued. These events do tend to take a while to sort though and I think sponsoring someone to walk from the Pier to the Brighton Center is ridiculous.

It's not pretty but its how it is. Complaining won't help. You either give the club money or you don't. The club isn't perfect but its honest. Lets just get behind them.

Sorry Turkey but I disagree.

To sponsor a child from around possible 3 to 10 is a good idea and I am sure loads of grandparents etc would happily have done this.

Everyone is missing the real issue which is why can't the club lead off on this ?

Beach Hut said:
Everyone is missing the real issue which is why can't the club lead off on this ?

Perhaps they should but, as Martin Perry said, to you, on the radio, there's nothing to stop other people coming up with ideas. The club is only run by human beings and so you can't expect them to think of every possible money-raising scheme.

As much as I despise the notion that NSC is the heartbeat of Albion fans, there are enough clever people on here to come up with a few ideas. And what's wrong with that? The club has said they will listen to anything so if we can help out a bit just by thinking of stuff that can't be a bad thing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Safeway said:
Perhaps they should but, as Martin Perry said, to you, on the radio, there's nothing to stop other people coming up with ideas. The club is only run by human beings and so you can't expect them to think of every possible money-raising scheme.

As much as I despise the notion that NSC is the heartbeat of Albion fans, there are enough clever people on here to come up with a few ideas. And what's wrong with that? The club has said they will listen to anything so if we can help out a bit just by thinking of stuff that can't be a bad thing.

I hope we get some things going but I still have reservations about the club's commercial set up like this:

"Well guys we have a £2 million deficit what shall we do ?

Ask the fans they'll pay"

There needs to be more innovation from paid people from the club.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lush said:
:ohmy:

Did you not hear Yorkie's text? You are in big trubs.

I didn't send a text :eek:

I didn't even listen to the phone in because I went to the Brewery Tap

What was I supposed to have texted?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The text said something along the lines:

"Get the commercial side sorted out first"

I agree that the commercial side of things could do with improving, escpecially with the new kits, but to constantly bang on about it now is getting nobody nowhere. All we can hope is that the club learn from their mistakes and next time the new shirt will be in by May.

The fact is, right now, the club need our help. I don't want to come across as being all sanctimonious about it, but people need to decide what they want to do. If they don't want to pay out or help raise money, fine. If they do, then they should just get on with.

In-fighting and bickering will not raise £2m, nor will it deliver Falmer. Everyone pulling in the same direction just might.

*dismounts from soapbox and goes to bed*

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's not bickering it is constructive criticism nothing more nothing less.

Hopefully the commercial side will get thinking - maybe a brain storming session first thing tomorrow :)

Yorkie said:
I didn't send a text :eek:

I didn't even listen to the phone in because I went to the Brewery Tap

What was I supposed to have texted?

I thought as much. It didn't sound the kind of thing you come out with Yorkie given that you've already pledged for the appeal.

It was someone having a whinge about "passing the begging bowl" and then having a pop at the "commercial department".

SCR should really keep a record of hoax callers and ensure such numbers are banned from contributing to the phone-in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here