Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Chapman

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If the new positive Badger is here to stay, I'll be pleased. Constant negativity has an insiduous knock-on effect. Perhaps now that you have someone you LIKE at the helm, you'll begin to appreciate that being positive and supportive of the management of the club does not equal 'licking' or 'uber-fandom'.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
......... I just don't like the look of what I see/hear on a Saturday.

I think the above is at the heart of it for you Badger.

Just 'cos Mr. White ate all the pies, you don't rate him :D

Out of interest, what's your considered opinion of Malcolm Stuart ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think the above is at the heart of it for you Badger.

Just 'cos Mr. White ate all the pies, you don't rate him :D

Out of interest, what's your considered opinion of Malcolm Stuart ?

I'm not sure that's it at all - Badger himself is quite a 'big lad' !!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be fair, and you obviously wouldn't know this because you don't know me, I'm not someone who refuses to support the team at matches. I just see nsc as the place to air any complaints/criticisms/negative thoughts. It's surely better to do that than stand on the track at Withdean abusing the manager like some do. I guess that gets perceived as "constant negativity," but I'd take a lot of it with a pinch of salt to be honest. I did actually like Wilkins up until the Port Vale game this season, he was certainly my favourite manager for some time. Ok, I lost it after that defeat, but he's gone so I don't think I've really had the time to have much of a negative swipe at him.

I also think there's a difference between "supporter" and "licker." Most people on here fall into the supporter bracket, I know I certainly do, and I suspect you do yourself. That doesn't change the fact that there ARE people who seem to get off on being "in the know."

I actually wouldn't disagree with any of that. I do think though, that even if the moaning is only on here, it still contributes to an overall sense of gloom at times, that can only be damaging to the club.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So we all agree that BLIND faith is bad. Still not is wilfully damaging as the negative stuff though as far as I'm concerned.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not disagreeing, but if I call player x a useless twat, how does that affect the club and its performance?

You call him a useless twat, ww calls him a useless twat, Zesh parrots that he's a useless twat, add a few others who agree he's a useless twat, the manager's therfore a useless twat for picking him, the chairman's a useless twat for employing the useless twat who picks the useless twat, etc, etc....

It all adds towards a general feeling of dissatisfaction at a time when the atmosphere at the games is far from brilliant already.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hmm, well you're doing my intelligence a disservice there I think, but maybe that does happen in other cases.

No I'm not. Not at all.

You form your opinions and you're fully entitled to express them.

Just don't go on and on and on, that's all. It does prejudice the views of the easily led.

Concievably, reading a week's worth of negative posts and predictions COULD be enough to put a few waiverers off attending games, affecting atmosphere and income.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here