Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iain Hume

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And on the flip side, If it was Elphick would you still be DEMANDING police action?

I'm as FICKLE as any football fan, and to my eternal SHAME, I'd probably be hoping he got away with as lenient a penalty as possible, but I'd be gutted that an Albion player that I hold in such high regard could have acted in such a way.

I certainly wouldn't be protesting in his defence.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
People always raise elbows when going for headers, Alan Shearer?

Shearer was a dirty ****, as was Dalgleish, for that matter.

This particular incident, was NOT a case of 'raising his arms', or even 'leading with his arm'. He checked where Hume was, waited for the moment just before the ball arrived, and deliberately smashed his elbow into the side of Hume's head.

If you disagree with that you either a. haven't bothered to actually watch it, b. are on a wind-up, c. are a dick, or d. all of the above.

Shearer was a dirty c**t as already pointed out but NEVER did he put a fellow colleague in intensive care through use of his elbows. Lets not forget a certain Joey Barton who everybody is quite rightly castigating for an assault on a colleague.

Oh and does anyone remember that FA cup game last year, was it at Barrow where one of the players turned round and PUNCHED another? Morgan is a vile little oik and deserves a ban.

The main reason sportsmen dont get assault charges for incidents like accidental broken legs and such is that it is accepted that it may occur in the game-what Morgan did is not an acceptable occurance and he should be banned for a good 6 games.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I'm as FICKLE as any football fan, and to my eternal SHAME, I'd probably be hoping he got away with as lenient a penalty as possible, but I'd be gutted that an Albion player that I hold in such high regard could have acted in such a way.

I certainly wouldn't be protesting in his defence.

And just to add to my earlier comment, what if Morgan had put someone like Leon Knight in hospital, would everyone be demanding police action in that situation?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And just to add to my earlier comment, what if Morgan had put someone like Leon Knight in hospital, would everyone be demanding police action in that situation?

Yes. Who the victim was is pretty much irrelevant.

Even if it were on BARTON, it wouldn't make Morgan any less guilty.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think so, yes - although it's not likely to happen. Don't forget that football is usually played just for the fun of it at the noddy level Leon Knight plays. :D

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's highly debatable as to whether that was deliberate or not, I'm .

Bullshit.

Edit: I'm gonna back that up. He clearly has a look before the ball arrives and then raises his elbow (which he is not suing for leverage) and has a swing and after the incident he doesn't give a shit that the people he just supposedly accidentally elbowed has been floored. He's a dirty **** who should recieve a lengthy ban for that.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Stop being a knob. He didnt check where Hume was, he just jumped with his elbows and hit him. Should have been a red, but if Hume hadnt been so badly injured then would this have been blown up so much?

Finding it hard from watching that video where he attempted to jump at all.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

i'd LAUGH.........a LOT!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bullshit.

Edit: I'm gonna back that up. He clearly has a look before the ball arrives and then raises his elbow (which he is not suing for leverage) and has a swing and after the incident he doesn't give a shit that the people he just supposedly accidentally elbowed has been floored. He's a dirty **** who should recieve a lengthy ban for that.

Cowie pooh to you too, the ref didn't think so and it didn't look that he was taking aim to me.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Shearer was a dirty c**t as already pointed out but NEVER did he put a fellow colleague in intensive care through use of his elbows.

He fractured Ugo Ehiogu eye socket with the use of his elbow, Ehiogu nearly lost the sight in his eye. Although not warranting intensive care, that is still pretty serious.

There was also his incident with Justin Wittle (sp?) against Grimsby in the Carling Cup in 2005.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I'm not convinced that it was meant to be anything more than an expected jostle of elbows. He didn't swing his elbow - but he raised it - as many players do when they see another player coming in and a clash of elbows and heads ensues. I think the speed of the guy coming in played a part. No the elbow shouldn't have been that high but they frequently are.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There are TWO definite movements, one with his elbow raised towards the player and then one to head the ball, it is not the same motion. I can't see how anyone looks upon that as anything other than intentional.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
People always raise elbows when going for headers, Alan Shearer?

a. He isn't jumping at the time he thrust his elbow out.
b. He doesn't even jump after that to head the ball.

Stop being a knob. He didnt check where Hume was, he just jumped with his elbows and hit him. Should have been a red, but if Hume hadnt been so badly injured then would this have been blown up so much?

He didn't have to look at the guy to know at roughly what height his head would be and therefore how high to hit him with his elbow!

It's highly debatable as to whether that was deliberate or not, I'm inclined to say it wasn't but I wouldn't mind seeing it from another angle before passing judgment.

Perhaps you should watch it again or are you the sort to say that, for example, they didn't mean to hit the twin towers or Hitler only accidently killed 6m Jews!! Unbelievable.

I'm not convinced that it was meant to be anything more than an expected jostle of elbows. He didn't swing his elbow - but he raised it - as many players do when they see another player coming in and a clash of elbows and heads ensues. I think the speed of the guy coming in played a part. No the elbow shouldn't have been that high but they frequently are.

Another person who needs to watch it again. They both get to where the ball is going to be, Morgan swings his elbow into Hume's face and in a second action, aligns himself for what is now an easy header.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I have never seen Zesh Rehman display any kind of knowledge of football on this fourm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here