Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iain Hume

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Morgan doesn't get severely punished for that, questions will have to be asked about sport's ability to police itself. That was shockingly viscious and he deserves severe punishment, but this sort of shit has been going on for far too long IMO and needs to be stamped out of the game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
People always raise elbows when going for headers, Alan Shearer?
Watch it again. He doesn't so much "raise an elbow" as slam it into his jaw while Hulme has his eyes on the ball. I don't think Morgan even bothered jumping. It was viscious.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
pffft. Used a man's game. Fractured skull?? You can run that off.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
It was an accident, why the fuss?

That's not even funny shit stirring mate so don't even bother. It is absolutely impossible for anyone with any understanding of the game to call that an accident. Granted I'm sure he didn't expect to fracture the blokes skull but that was as pre meditated as they come and the bloke should be charged by the FA and the Police.

As Hans has said, sooner something serious is done about things like this the better

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People always raise elbows when going for headers, Alan Shearer?

Shearer was a dirty ****, as was Dalgleish, for that matter.

This particular incident, was NOT a case of 'raising his arms', or even 'leading with his arm'. He checked where Hume was, waited for the moment just before the ball arrived, and deliberately smashed his elbow into the side of Hume's head.

If you disagree with that you either a. haven't bothered to actually watch it, b. are on a wind-up, c. are a dick, or d. all of the above.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Shearer was a dirty ****, as was Dalgleish, for that matter.

This particular incident, was NOT a case of 'raising his arms', or even 'leading with his arm'. He checked where Hume was, waited for the moment just before the ball arrived, and deliberately smashed his elbow into the side of Hume's head.

If you disagree with that you either a. haven't bothered to actually watch it, b. are on a wind-up, c. are a dick, or d. all of the above.

Stop being a knob. He didnt check where Hume was, he just jumped with his elbows and hit him. Should have been a red, but if Hume hadnt been so badly injured then would this have been blown up so much?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Are you actually BLIND?

1. He didn't jump at all.
2. There was no movement of his body towards Hume, just his swinging elbow.

Yes, but people swing their arms when going for headers, it should have been a red, but he doesnt deserve any sort of police punishment, no more than any other player who does it does.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Stop being a knob. He didnt check where Hume was, he just jumped with his elbows and hit him. Should have been a red, but if Hume hadnt been so badly injured then would this have been blown up so much?

You call lifting one leg of the ground a jump,do you have a specsavers near you,if so i would pay it a visit.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Yes, but people swing their arms when going for headers, it should have been a red, but he doesnt deserve any sort of police punishment, no more than any other player who does it does.

There's a huge difference between jumping for a ball with your arms up for leverage and accidentally catching someone and this. You're clearly not worth arguing with. I guess you think the Thatcher one was also just 'one of those things'? :dunce:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That is assault, pure and simple. Nothing to do with football. Morgan is a thug who has been doing that for years, and hiding behind the 'uncompromising defender' tag. If it goes to law, the cases often come down to what players/ex-players/referees say, and I think they will say it was pre-meditated and violent, the ball hadn't arrived.

Wish Hume a speedy recovery.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's highly debatable as to whether that was deliberate or not, I'm inclined to say it wasn't but I wouldn't mind seeing it from another angle before passing judgment.

doncasterseagull

Kasabian!!!
May 23, 2008
Doncaster
thats definatly deliberate! chris morgan is a dirty defender and does it all the time this time he should get a big punishment for it.

also i f***ing hate neil warnock what a tosser!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
f*** the 5 match bans, etc. It pure pre-meditated, ASSAULT, and should be treated as such in a court of law.

Its time football put a stop to shit like this.

If that 'challenge' had been on Glen Murray, this board would be in meltdown, and people would be calling for Morgan to be hung, drawn and quartered.

And on the flip side, If it was Elphick would you still be DEMANDING police action?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here