Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I would rather we lost

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If it had meant Adams would have got the boot. Now hes got another 4 games minimum and even if he pulls it around any other average manager would have had us in a much better position than the disgraceful situation we are in.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Really? I'm by no means an Adams fan and think he should probably go, but I could never wish for us doing anything other than winning a game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I want him out as well however if he can turn it around then he is welcome to stay.

I am allowed two opinions as I am a football fan.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Its my opinion. I would rather short term pain for long term gain. If we lost today and Adams went and we got a decent manager who took us on a great run like Dowie did at Palace from Xmas onwards to the play offs Id take that every day of the week. Wouldn't you?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It really is time to get a grip. We can finish mid table or better and have a Wembley final. I can't believe the endless negativity, it would be much better to get behind the team and move forward together rather than willing them to lose and slagging them all off in every game!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Its my opinion. I would rather short term pain for long term gain. If we lost today and Adams went and we got a decent manager who took us on a great run like Dowie did at Palace from Xmas onwards to the play offs Id take that every day of the week. Wouldn't you?

Can you guarantee thats what would happen?.......No?

what a cock.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
it's a bit like the Mclaren/england situation. It sucked we were'nt there in the summer, but it gives us a better chance of world cup glory now mclaren has been fired!

Disagree. There is no comparison. McLaren was out of his depth and had no track record at all at that level. Adams has form and success at exactly this level. If this last half season was the pain before the glory and he REALLY can turn it around then well done.

Adams IN - for now.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
If it had meant Adams would have got the boot. Now hes got another 4 games minimum and even if he pulls it around any other average manager would have had us in a much better position than the disgraceful situation we are in.

Right and another manager came in and took 5 months to deduce where the squad needed strenghthening, made the transfers and...oh yeah we'd be relegated. Micky for me thanks, he sounds clear on what he needs from the Jan transfer window and best of luck to him in his negotiations for a few decent players, we need them.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't slag Dan off for that opinion for one second, and I agree with him that where we are in the table is a disgrace given the squad (and wages).

I've got a slightly different opinion in that for me getting a win today was even more important than anything that happened to Adams. We desperately needed those three points, and he now gets one last chance to try and put together a run together that gets us safe, get a Wembley trip, and then have a go for the play-offs next season. It's surely gone for this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looking at crowd figures in our league we are probably about where a neutral would expect us to be. Performances have improved recently and although I wouldn't be upset if Adams goes there is no guarantee with our shit home support and stadium coupled with a board with eyes on Falmer rather than the team that we'd be any better off.

We have no divine right to be challenging although most of us think we should be, don't you think all fans think the same? Mediocrity is hard to take but I think as fans we really expect too much. The clueless shambles of Hereford, Orient and most other early season games is gradually being sorted and seeing as things do show a sign of improving I think we should now stick with Adams. If we were going to sack him we should have done it a month or so ago imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here