Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I would rather we lost

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Say we were mid-table and safe, last game of the season, in the same division as palace. Our opponents need the win to stay in the division at the expense of palace. They lose or draw, and palace stay up - win and palace go down.

What result would you wish for?

(similar scenario could be applied to a palace chance for promotion, but that's more awful to contemplate)

To be honest it is a win-win situation. The Albion get a positive result we can look forward to playing them again the next season...If we lose Cr***a* P***** get relegated. RESULT!

So, really I would not actively hope we lose but if we did I would not be upset either!.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Hoping the club you purport to support will lose?? What an absolute f***ing disgrace. Shame on you.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :rant:

It's not as simple as that though is it? He is talking about a hypothetical case, IF losing one game resulted in MA leaving and therefore us staying up and improving next season then that would be better then a short term win and relegation under MA.

Of course this assumes that MA will get us relegated. Personally I think even MA should be able to avoid that but I can see his point. I don't think he deserves abuse for making it.

I would not mind us losing two games if it meant winning far more before the end of the season.

Also, I would rather Adams went before wasting what little cash we have in January.

That's a really good idea-let's get rid of Adams just before the transfer window opens then we can bring in a new manager who knows absolutely f*** all about the club or the players on its books, knows nothing about what areas need strengthening and hasn't been looking to see which players might become available for a club in our situation.
Great idea-sounds like a plan to me.:shootself

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's a really good idea-let's get rid of Adams just before the transfer window opens then we can bring in a new manager who knows absolutely f*** all about the club or the players on its books, knows nothing about what areas need strengthening and hasn't been looking to see which players might become available for a club in our situation.
Great idea-sounds like a plan to me.:shootself

To be fair at points this season Adams hasn't looking like knowing much about the players on our books.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well then you are a prick. You obviously just don't like Adams as a person if you just want him to fail.

Not really. He's just saying Adams has been a bit of a failure this season. Which he has.

To be honest it is a win-win situation. The Albion get a positive result we can look forward to playing them again the next season...If we lose Cr***a* P***** get relegated. RESULT!

So, really I would not actively hope we lose but if we did I would not be upset either!.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Okay then, what about the second scenario; we beat the opposition, and palace get promoted - we lose, and palace fail to win promotion, and have to play us the next season?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It's not as simple as that though is it? He is talking about a hypothetical case, IF losing one game resulted in MA leaving and therefore us staying up and improving next season then that would be better then a short term win and relegation under MA.

Surely it's just as easy to say if we were to win the game we might well: (A) All feel a damn-sight happier; (B) Get out of the relegation zone; (C) Stand more chance of getting a decent run going & finally climb the table; & (D) Get a few more bums-on-seats this coming Saturday?

Just an idea, like.. :shrug:

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
We can't have a successful season every year.

OK, the league won't be a great success, but we still have a chance to go to Wembley, and Falmer has started at last.

There's far too much impatience in football. Some of you people want to take a reality check and try putting things in perspective.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Some people on here are so fickle.....

And by that, they're wanting 'Adams OUT!' but then once we get a win say things will turnaround :rolleyes:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There's an inbuilt assumption in this that all our problems can be solved by changing the manager.

If Dan feels that way I can understand him wanting us to lose.

IMO our position is a combination of problems, and I don't think that MA is the biggest one of those. He has not done well with some of his decisions, but the constant comparisons with Wilkins (who, not let us forget, took us to the heights of 18th in his first season are tedious and to a large extent irrelevant.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Say we were odds on to win a game with MA in charge, against say, Oldham, who had recently signed 4 players; one from Leyton Orient, 2 from Crystal Palace and 1 who'd been released from Rushden & Diamonds. Say, at stake was potentially relegating Reading, who, earlier in the season were neck and neck for the play-offs with us before we like them fell away and potentially ourselves if we scored more than 4 goals. We're winning 3 nil, say, and the Oldham management are off their benches screaming penalty, inc former albion manager Dean Wilkins, who is their coach, and Malcolm Stuart, now their senior physio following his part in an argument over say distributing paracetamol at Wihdean, when, say, we break and our new signing from Rushden & Diamonds is clean through with only the keeper to beat when, say, the referee blows for a foul back on the halfway line. So play is resumed back there, but suddenly the score from Reading comes through, Scott McGlesh getting their winning goal, and say they're safe, bar an enquiry into illegal transfers earlier in the season which could result in them having an enormous fine or points deducted so Albion could still be safe like. But anyway, say we get another chance say, in the dying seconds of our game, and our Palace signings have a lovely one-two, who say, slip the ball through to our cockney scum signing and it's all up for grabs, would, say, you rather we score, even though the player wasn't born in Sussex, and has rich parents, or miss because say, MA's job may depend on, even if he's got a 2 year extension reportedly on the table and the FA are yet to launch their enquiry?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He already has failed mate! I don't know how you think this season can be a success now.

I disagree in a way. As Falmer has been delayed for another year, not going up this year is far from a disaster. A mid table finish (which I still believe is possible) and a trip to Wembley would be fine, then push for promotion next year. The problem is expectations are too high these days. As someone else said all teams have poor seasons and in Wilkins first season we came 18th, hardly the greatest season ever.

I have faith in Micky moving us up the league but even if I didn't I would never go into a game wanting us to lose.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some points:

1. There is only 1 scenario where I'd want the Albion to lose, and that is if by NOT losing Palace gain promotion, survive relegation or win something.

2. The scenario where you give the manager until the end of the season simply doesn't exist in ANY division, high or low.

Do people who think sacking should only be considered after a full season REALLY think Knight would be content to mail out season ticket renewal forms in the Spring if our winless run had carried on until that time and we were rock bottom of the division??

I'd take safety and a Wembley final, if offered. The Man City result was also a bonus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here