Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I would rather we lost

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
It really is time to get a grip. We can finish mid table or better and have a Wembley final. I can't believe the endless negativity, it would be much better to get behind the team and move forward together rather than willing them to lose and slagging them all off in every game!

Reason at last!!!!!!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If it had meant Adams would have got the boot. Now hes got another 4 games minimum and even if he pulls it around any other average manager would have had us in a much better position than the disgraceful situation we are in.

:nono:

Regardless of what I felt about the manager, I would NEVER hope for the Albion to lose.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Its my opinion. I would rather short term pain for long term gain. If we lost today and Adams went and we got a decent manager who took us on a great run like Dowie did at Palace from Xmas onwards to the play offs Id take that every day of the week. Wouldn't you?

Errr .... NO ! Will you be saying this if MA takes us on a 10 game unbeaten run ? What's to say another manager would do any better. I've said it before and I'll shout it again - GIVE MA UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON AND THEN JUDGE !!!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Can YOU guarantee thats what wouldnt happen?.....No?

what a cock.

I take it you wanted us to loose as well then?
& yes as we would need to average over 2 points a game I am pretty sure I could guarantee it wont happen.( especially as Adams wont be sacked anyway)

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
If he can bring in a couple of decent midfield ball winners we could still have a respectable season.

Why would we want to risk bringing in someone new at this stage? Not all change is good. Give him a chance to build something otherwise there's no point in him being brought back at all.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
"I would rather we lost"

And I would rather people didn't post such negative shite, even when we win; but you can't have it all I suppose. :wave:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
If it had meant Adams would have got the boot. Now hes got another 4 games minimum and even if he pulls it around any other average manager would have had us in a much better position than the disgraceful situation we are in.

Unbelievable comments. From PALACE Dan.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
I would not mind us losing two games if it meant winning far more before the end of the season.

Also, I would rather Adams went before wasting what little cash we have in January.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wouldn't slag Dan off for that opinion for one second, and I agree with him that where we are in the table is a disgrace given the squad (and wages).

I've got a slightly different opinion in that for me getting a win today was even more important than anything that happened to Adams. We desperately needed those three points, and he now gets one last chance to try and put together a run together that gets us safe, get a Wembley trip, and then have a go for the play-offs next season. It's surely gone for this season.
Agree with all of that. The other thing is that the board are likely to give Adams more time than he deserves so we could lose our next ten matches and I wouldn't be surprised if his job remained safe until the start of next season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Its my opinion. I would rather short term pain for long term gain. If we lost today and Adams went and we got a decent manager who took us on a great run like Dowie did at Palace from Xmas onwards to the play offs Id take that every day of the week. Wouldn't you?

I cannot believe anyone would go into a game wanting us to lose. It is pathetic. Personally, I am delighted we won and hope this is a sign that we will start to turn things around.

Do you honestly have such a personal vendetta against Adams that you would rather he was sacked than started to turn our season around?

I cannot believe anyone would go into a game wanting us to lose. It is pathetic. Personally, I am delighted we won and hope this is a sign that we will start to turn things around.

Do you honestly have such a personal vendetta against Adams that you would rather he was sacked than started to turn our season around?

I think Dan has been very clear, he loves the Albion and only wants long term success for them. If we need to lose a couple of games now to trigger a change of manager then so be it as in his eyes the club will be much better off. What is so controversial about that? It hardly warrants all the abuse he is getting. If you are of the opinion that MA has no hope and has us on a fast track to League 2 then it is the logical conclusion to make. The thought had crossed my mind.

Of course if you actually go to a game, you could never really in your heart want us to lose. But in theory I think it's a fair comment if you believe it is the only way to avoid relegation at the end of the season.

Sillwood

Save the West Pier
Jul 19, 2007
Lewes District

Agreed - there is no point in talking about Adams going. he is Dick Knight's choice. dick aint going away so Micky it is until Falmer. I still think we will get there in the Championship and with Adams. Support the team, keep the faith.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think Dan has been very clear, he loves the Albion and only wants long term success for them. If we need to lose a couple of games now to trigger a change of manager then so be it as in his eyes the club will be much better off. What is so controversial about that? It hardly warrants all the abuse he is getting. If you are of the opinion that MA has no hope and has us on a fast track to League 2 then it is the logical conclusion to make. The thought had crossed my mind.

Of course if you actually go to a game, you could never really in your heart want us to lose. But in theory I think it's a fair comment if you believe it is the only way to avoid relegation at the end of the season.

I disagree. I don't see how anyone could want us to lose any game whoever the manager is.

Taking it further, if we go into the last game needing to win to stay up and he was told Adams would stay if we stay up and leave if we go down, on his logic he would want us to be relegated.

I was there yesterday and everyone got behind the team and we won. We don't need fans going into a game hoping that we will lose.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It is pointless to wish us to lose. As it stands MA is going nowhere. He is DK's choice and there is no way he is going to get replaced even if it looks like relegation. MA is a long term choice. We have to get on with it. You never know - it may all work out ok.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Taking it further, if we go into the last game needing to win to stay up and he was told Adams would stay if we stay up and leave if we go down, on his logic he would want us to be relegated.
Eh? No it isn't.

He's talking about a game mid season with 20+ games left to turn it round, not a do-or-die relegation decider.

:nono:

Regardless of what I felt about the manager, I would NEVER hope for the Albion to lose.

Say we were mid-table and safe, last game of the season, in the same division as palace. Our opponents need the win to stay in the division at the expense of palace. They lose or draw, and palace stay up - win and palace go down.

What result would you wish for?

(similar scenario could be applied to a palace chance for promotion, but that's more awful to contemplate)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Hoping the club you purport to support will lose?? What an absolute f***ing disgrace. Shame on you.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here