Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I want a season ticket

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
This sentence makes you out to be a bit of a wanker mate, to be honest.

My son has been watching the Albion for 2 years and he's about as passionate about the club as you can get. Does he deserve to go down the queue just because some miserable old fart pulls rank on him because he saw Charlie Livesey play?

You're telling all these guys to 'grow up' and maybe some of them do need to tone it down a bit but you need to take a long hard look in the mirror before you start kicking off about priorities. Do you really think you will have a problem getting a season ticket? Really?

The last time we had over 20,000 for a league game was over 17 years ago.

I don't think you'll have a problem.

Ive taken my pill, I will be calling the ST line tomorrow.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I agree with the club that existing STH should be able to buy 3+ ticketsbefore they go on general sale, however what the club should have done, is, that existing STH that do NOT wish to buy extra tickets, should get priority over the ones that do. I have my presentation on tuesday, and many seats have already gone to fans that have not previosly had a ST.
I can see where you're coming from but I actually think quite the opposite. I think people who are bringing +3s should be given priority as they're making the effort to get this stadium filled; which will be no mean feet.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
People need to take a deep breath, think long and hard about it and do the maths.
1) There are roughly 5000 STH's at Withdean.
2) Approx 1500 of these joined the 1901 club.
3) That left approx 3500 STH's to attend presentations.
4) Category 1-2-3's had the first 18 days of presentations. That was 69 presentations at 40 people a time. That was 2760 people, if everybody attended and if they averaged 2 seats each...thats 5320.
4 ) Category 4's have booked in to 34 presentation slots so far ( places freely available at 10.00am this Wednesday ). Thats 1360 people, if everybody attended and if they averaged 2 seats each...thats 2720.
5 )That makes a total of 8040 sold on top of 1901.

But we have it on reasonable authority from the club, that they have sold between 6300-6400 seats. ( and that includes all those sold prior on ' club days ' !!!! )
What does this suggest?
a) The offtake has been nowhere near as frenetic as some people are suggesting.
b ) Presentations have not been full.
c) Many STH's have only purchased one seat.
d ) The club will not sell all its season tickets by start of 2011-2012 season.
e) There are masses of seats left in all parts.

IMHO you will be able to wait 6-8 weeks and still get a bloody good seat

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Mo - all very well but the really anxiety I suspect is not the feat of missing out on a season ticket. It's the lack of choice. I had my presentation about 10 days ago and it was clear that what most people regard as the plum seats - the front and middle of WSU, centre and rear of WSL, back rows of North and prime seats in Family stand have all been pretty much snapped up. I suspect everyone who wants a season ticket will get one - not everyone will be in the best locations.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was there last Monday and the best seats have gone. I believe everyone will get a season but be prepared to have second choices for where you want to go.
On the other hand, I can't imagine there is a bad seat in the place to be honest.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There seems to be a lot of people that think they are entitled to the best seat in the house. I would love to have had front row looking across the halfway line in the West Upper but low and behold it, and a few next to it had already gone when I had my presentation. Luckily, I have a seat that is roughly in line with the view I have from row V of D block.

All these people that want halfway line seats or whatever, do you actually have that at Withdean. I suspect not so don't raise your expectations too high and you won't be disappointed. As someone previously said, everyone will get a seat that wants one. We are not going to sell out of Season Tickets.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
As long as I can get three adjacent seats somewhere in the family stand I'm happy. I'd like to request a seat where weasel-faced hoodies aren't allowed to throw chips, but I suspect I'll get what I'm given.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
But we have it on reasonable authority from the club, that they have sold between 6300-6400 seats. ( and that includes all those sold prior on ' club days ' !!!! )
What does this suggest?
a) The offtake has been nowhere near as frenetic as some people are suggesting.
b ) Presentations have not been full.
c) Many STH's have only purchased one seat.
d ) The club will not sell all its season tickets by start of 2011-2012 season.
e) There are masses of seats left in all parts.

IMHO you will be able to wait 6-8 weeks and still get a bloody good seat
f) As has been mentioned frequently, the '2 seats per person' average will include other STHs who then attend a presentation later on without purchasing a ticket. Unfortunately it screws up any sort of attempt at an accurate calculation such as the above!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i don't want to sit next to anyone on here, I think it's better that we all remain anonymous as very little contributed by anyone on here (inc myself), esp this thread, does themselves any favours

I agree but it's too late for that. There are already cliques on here - upset one and they all go at you like a pack of wolves - that's been evident for about the last yr.

Agree nobody covers themselves in glory on here tho :lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f) As has been mentioned frequently, the '2 seats per person' average will include other STHs who then attend a presentation later on without purchasing a ticket. Unfortunately it screws up any sort of attempt at an accurate calculation such as the above!

Indeed. Having got mine earlier courtesy of a plus 3, I then attended "my" presentation to hand in two further forms for a couple of Albion supporters. Not JCLs either. Was quite clear I would NEVER do that. They can and should have waited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here