Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I want a season ticket

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Yes, this is the main bone of contention, but this syetm will encourage and enable family and friend groups to sit together, I am in North Somerset and won't go to Withdean more than once or twice a season, more to away games,... I will be fishing for ST's with the white group whenever that happens,... there will be enough available, don't worry,..... how many have gone so far?... 8k max?...

Exactly someone who knows what it is like to have to travel 250 PLUS for a home game....and for Flav there might be plenty of others but not 3 months unemployed I guess?

Oh and because I have an RAF pension I got NO benefits,

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
How many season tickets are the club expecting to sell? Anyone got any idea?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Where are all these people using the +3's for people who have 'never been to an albion game before'??!!! Everyone I have spoken to has used it to either get existing season ticket holders up the priority list or for fans who were not season ticket holders but still attend a number of games each year.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Where are all these people using the +3's for people who have 'never been to an albion game before'??!!! Everyone I have spoken to has used it to either get existing season ticket holders up the priority list or for fans who were not season ticket holders but still attend a number of games each year.

I agree. I can't imagine there being many people who have 'never been to an Albion game before' suddenly wanting to pay £400+ for a season ticket. Similarly all the +3s I've heard of are going to existing STHs or regular and recent fans. All things considered, the ground will hold 22,000 fans, we currently have around 5,000 STHs - there'll be room for everyone.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I agree with the club that existing STH should be able to buy 3+ ticketsbefore they go on general sale, however what the club should have done, is, that existing STH that do NOT wish to buy extra tickets, should get priority over the ones that do. I have my presentation on tuesday, and many seats have already gone to fans that have not previosly had a ST.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have lived overseas for 3 seasons and so I am not a current STH but I was before.....therefore the girl in the ticket office said NOt yet!!

100000000000000000000% if you ring you will get a presentation. OR email. One of my mates had just got one for March 1st - doesn't go Withers much atall, hadn't received any letter. People need to learn how to blag something if you want it bad enough. Ring the ST line and hope to spk to someone other than the other girl. Or just turn up at a presentation and say you should be on the list - nobody will turn you away i bet ya.

If you used to have ST;s they will def get you a presentation mate. They're desperate for as many people to buy as poss and trust me the +3 thing is a smoke screen - if you want a ST badly enough you'll have one in a few weeks.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I have lived overseas for 3 seasons and so I am not a current STH but I was before.....therefore the girl in the ticket office said NOt yet!!

Sorry but thats your fault. I'd be f***ed fuming if i (i have a ST) got turned over by YOU when you chose to not live in England for 3 years and give up your ST.

What gives you, some one who hasn't contributed week in week out for the last 3 years, priority over anyone else who hasn't done that? The club have to draw the line somewhere, market them selves to non-fans/casual fans and stay true to those who support th club every year. That means some how we're all going to be shafted a bit.

This plus3 "contraversy" is all just envy and paronoia. You'll get a Season Ticket, after me and those who live in Sussex before next season as per the technical, undebateable, finite rules.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pretty much looks like as long as you are on the database (Ie have been to a game in the last few years) you can get an appointment before the 'general' sale. If you aren't on the DB, then you don't deserve to go the presentation.....

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I had season tickets at gillingham but never the shitdean,i will only be seriously pissed off if i don't get one in march.

Until then im not goner moan as the +3 will only be annoying if we don't get a season ticket.:D

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
mATE I live in swindon and have no desire to do a 250 mile round trip every 2 weeks to sit in the rain...at a shit hole...and its expensive)

How far do you travel each week..?

Plus I had no job for 3 months.....so get back in your box...

Then shut up and learn your place in the pecking order! I'm willing to, the club are giving me an oppertunity to sit with friends/my dad who hasn't ever had a ST because i've spent the cash because i DO have desire to spend that money on a ticket to watch the Albion.

I had no job when i was in year 11 apart from a paper round - 12 quid a week. I had a season ticket the following season though, not through EMA either.

manilaseagull

100000000000000000000% if you ring you will get a presentation. OR email. One of my mates had just got one for March 1st - doesn't go Withers much atall, hadn't received any letter. People need to learn how to blag something if you want it bad enough. Ring the ST line and hope to spk to someone other than the other girl. Or just turn up at a presentation and say you should be on the list - nobody will turn you away i bet ya.

If you used to have ST;s they will def get you a presentation mate. They're desperate for as many people to buy as poss and trust me the +3 thing is a smoke screen - if you want a ST badly enough you'll have one in a few weeks.

Thanks I will try tomorrow....

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

Did you ring the normal ticket office, or the Season Ticket Presentation booking number?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I agree with the club that existing STH should be able to buy 3+ ticketsbefore they go on general sale, however what the club should have done, is, that existing STH that do NOT wish to buy extra tickets, should get priority over the ones that do. I have my presentation on tuesday, and many seats have already gone to fans that have not previosly had a ST.

This is a point of view that I totally agree with.

However, the Season Ticket sales are now driven by marketing people, that own a dictionary excluding the word ' loyalty'.

I reluctantly accept what the club have done for commercial reasons........but if any of them ever mention the word 'Loyalty' again, I sincerely hope someone rams a dictionary down their throat.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I had season tickets at gillingham but never the shitdean,i will only be seriously pissed off if i don't get one in march.

Until then im not goner moan as the +3 will only be annoying if we don't get a season ticket.:D

And fair play to you, realizing that you won't get first dibs because you've not gone to Withdean. It'd be nice to think you would get a ticket though after STH's and their +3's have all done so.

manilaseagull

Sorry but thats your fault. I'd be f***ed fuming if i (i have a ST) got turned over by YOU when you chose to not live in England for 3 years and give up your ST.

What gives you, some one who hasn't contributed week in week out for the last 3 years, priority over anyone else who hasn't done that? The club have to draw the line somewhere, market them selves to non-fans/casual fans and stay true to those who support th club every year. That means some how we're all going to be shafted a bit.

This plus3 "contraversy" is all just envy and paronoia. You'll get a Season Ticket, after me and those who live in Sussex before next season as per the technical, undebateable, finite rules.

Considering I have been going since the Mid sixties I consider that to be long enough, considering I had a season ticket for 15+ seasons in the past I consider that enough.

The fact that I decided to work overseas has absolutely nothing to do with you, and when you get older and get a job you might realize, that to further ones career or for better opportunities, sometimes you have to work away from home.

Now I have been going to watch the Albion for a lot more years than you have been alive, so young man please take your holier than thou attitude and run of to bed..

You have just given me a challenge to get a season ticket before you....

And what makes you think that "someone who lives in Sussex" gets priority?

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Hear a bloke who seems to do the tour talking to a friend outside the ground yesterday and he was saying they had sold 6,300 so far and it would be interesting how many they sold once they went on general sale.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hear a bloke who seems to do the tour talking to a friend outside the ground yesterday and he was saying they had sold 6,300 so far and it would be interesting how many they sold once they went on general sale.

Do you know if that includes 1901s?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Considering I have been going since the Mid sixties I consider that to be long enough, considering I had a season ticket for 15+ seasons in the past I consider that enough.

The fact that I decided to work overseas has absolutely nothing to do with you, and when you get older and get a job you might realize, that to further ones career or for better opportunities, sometimes you have to work away from home.

Now I have been going to watch the Albion for a lot more years than you have been alive, so young man please take your holier than thou attitude and run of to bed..

Firstly, I have a job. Secondly, thats still YOUR CHOICE. Fair play for doing it, but you have to take the good and the bad.

Thats fantastic for you, the mid-60's stuff. Really good, FA cup final right? You were there? I wish i was. But right now, i'm the paying fan not you. So i get priority and if that means that i also get to give 3 season tickets to any dick tom or harry i fancy then thats fair enough, I've got the right to do that because of what i've done now, not because of what i did several decades ago.

I am sympathetic to your plight, but the club are giving a chance for STH's to move with friends, to introduce new ones and to give away-only members a chance to get a ticket before those who lived abroad for three years. As for the 250 quid per home game/not being bothered from Swindon - theres a girl who goes to nearly every single game from Kent. She can be arsed, and her age/length of time supporting the club means nothing - she and her mum make the journey every single week pretty much.

So take YOUR holier-than-thou attitude and run off to bed/what ever you do at 20 to eight at night. She's bought the right to have a +3, so have i.

As a side note - you're the type of fan the +3 was made for, the ones who support the club but don't have a season ticket. So why you're complaining is beyond me.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

Typically STH's live in Sussex. If you leave and can't get down, you're choosing to give up the chance to get a STH and therefore priority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here