Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I used to hate Radiohead

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blah blah blah.

Radiohead are the best band in the world by an ABSOLUTE COUNTRY MILE.

Mar 13, 2008
Oh dear god that is awful.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Listen to it. Thom Yorke sounds like someone is slowly grinding his bollocks through a mangle. It is awful. If I met him, I would punch him slowly to death whilst making him listen to this on a never ending loop. I cannot emphasise how bad this "tribute" is. If Harry Patch was still alive, he would have killed himself rather than listen to it. The words are trite, contrived and "look at me" pathetic. They could be written by any 15 year old about how bad war is and how we could never have war again. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. It's a bloody embarrassment.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I just dont get it with Radiohead and would love someone to explain why they are *apparantly* so good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I just dont get it with Radiohead and would love someone to explain why they are *apparantly* so good.

Because with OK Computer and Kid A, they released two albums that were both about 5/6 years ahead of their time. So many younger bands coming through (Bloc Party) have been massively influenced by them.

Plus guitar music was HORRIBLE in the late 90's, Radiohead completely saved the day.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I don't get Radiohead either - Thom Yorke mostly sounds like he's drunkenly moaning over sad music and it never fails to depress me.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

What's not to get? :shrug: How is the above anything other than amazing? O.K computer and the bends are two of the ten best albums of the 90's. O.K computer one of the best ever. If Radiohead had never released those two albums then I could understand people not liking the band, but, come on those albums are f***ing brilliant!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dont get me wrong Im not saying they are awful or anything like that but I dont understand this *hero* worship.

However I do see the point that they came along at a time when music generally was shit.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Different strokes for different folks. I love Radiohead, but can understand why they're the marmite band of British music.

Robbie Williams would have done a better job

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Mercifully, the videos are all blocked for UK transmission under copyright laws!

Try this instead...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_wGLZmwZ8o

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NieRx4HPLTs

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO2iZyEK4ZQ

Just not my thing - too slow, dirgy and whiny. Perhaps if I could hear something he wrote for someone else, but it just comes across as studenty and intense, trying to be over serious. The sort of thing people with no friends would self harm to because they think he is "talking to them".

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
OK Computer is horse shit imho. If the genre doesn't float your boat then it doesn't matter how good 'it is' according to fans of the band, you're still going to view it as pig or horse shit.

That's my slightly kooky two penneth on the merits, or lack thereof, of Dirgehead.

:)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I remember seeing them in Warrington (bizarrely) the day Kid A was released, and was devastated that it sounded so shit. It has taken me ten years to appreciate it as a half decent album, but OK Computer is immense, and there have always been a few tracks on everything they have released since that have impressed me, even if the lyrics leave me scratching my head.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Anyone for Michael Mcintyre? There must be some Radiohead-loving McIntyre fans on here.

:thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es2l4yUBY6M

9 minutes and 45 seconds of my life wasted. NSC is slowly but surely sucking any productive time out of me - today I have listened to Radiohead and watched this totally unfunny twat.

I am going to poke pins in my eyes and try to blow my eardrums using explosive cotton wool buds. That has to be more fun.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just not my thing - too slow, dirgy and whiny. Perhaps if I could hear something he wrote for someone else, but it just comes across as studenty and intense, trying to be over serious. The sort of thing people with no friends would self harm to because they think he is "talking to them".

How To Disappear Completely is one of the most uplifting songs I've ever heard in my life. Also the song Lucky.

It's ignorant to call something depressing or whiny without listening properly to the lyrics. Not "overly" serious, just serious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here