Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I trust in DICK - but its time for a DECISION

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: I trust in DICK - but its time for a DECISION

Easy 10 said:
A month isn't really long enough to prove anything is it ? There are too many factors regarding who we're playing, who's injured, luck, suspensions etc etc. I'm not saying that I want Wilkins OUT. All I want is a DECISION one way or the other so we can start sorting some signings out before things start getting really shitty.
He's only had three weeks.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I agree.

Wilkins said this in the argus:

"The difficulty we've had is we are two staff down.

Myself and Dean (White) are trying to do everything, so it has been very difficult to actually prepare for every midweek game and also go out there and watch players to improve the squad. That has been the issue and we need to try and sort it out."

It cant go on like this for much longer. Dick knight needs to make a decision soon.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So: he makes a decision and gives Wilkins a contract until the end of the season. Meanwhile, we carry on losing. How exactly is that better, REAL supporters? :)

Because after all, Wilkins will, I imagine, be in no position not to continue with the same set-up if asked. Plus it's cheaper.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Man of Harveys said:
I doubt whether loan players care whether it's Dean Wilkins, Mark McGhee or the Mighty Mouse himself Kevin Keegan in the dugout.
Perhaps thats true, but I would think the LOANING club at least want to know who it is that'll be looking after their player for a month or three. Plus we only have a limited number of loans per season (is it six ?) - so rather than an outgoing manager lumbering us with players who the new man doesn't necessarily want, I'd rather we sort this managerial situation out promptly so the new guy can decide exactly what he wants and needs, and sorts it out accordingly.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I love Dick, but yes it really is time after the Chesterfield game to at least make the decision. Then we can try and get some loan players, and I think the limit is 8 on the season.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Just a quick question on the loan front, have we already used up three of our five short term loan deals?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Th eproblems not really with the boss, the chairman or the players it comes down to plain and simply the fact we have no cash, Falmer is still a way off and we are not an attractive propositon for players. Changing manager, Chairman or players without the club having any cash or a definite decision on Falmer.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Easy 10 said:
Right, I've been stewing all morning, I've been down the pub, and I'm ready to unload.

Dick Knight needs to shit or get off the pot. He needs to make a decision on the managerial situation, and he needs to make it NOW. Because at the moment, that squad may not be good enough to keep us in this comfortable mid-table position that many people seem to assume we'll automatically achieve by default, just because we're in the Third Division. We need reinforcements, we need them now, and we're clearly not going to get them while Dick Knight dithers over whether or not to give Wilkins the job.

If it is to be Wilkins/White then fine. Give them the job and let them get cracking on that loan market. With Reids injury, we are now in DIRE need of a couple of quality, experienced loan signings to come in and bolster the team (ideally with a view to a permanent move). Alternatively, if its to be one of these "quality applicants" we're led to believe are interested in the job, then fine. Get them in, get their feet under the desk, and again, let them get cracking on some wheeling and dealing. Cos make no mistake - with the squad as it stands right now, we are in TROUBLE with a capital TRUB, and that ain't going to be resolved while we're loafing about picking our arses, smelling our fingers, and idly wondering whether Ant n' Dec looked good in those sumo costumes.

The time we are wasting right now we could well be rueing come the end of the season. WHATEVER happens on Saturday against Chesterfield, I want to hear a decision from Dick Knight before the Blackpool game on October 8th as to who is going to be in charge of this team for the rest of the season. The team, the club and the fans require clear and definate LEADERSHIP from the top in order to move forward in this post-McGhee era. The longer he leaves it, the more difficult its going to get. So Mr Knight - I support you to my very BONES for what you've done at this proud club, but now you MUST decide who's going to be in charge. This Caretaker malarky simply CANNOT be left to go on on indefinately. Its DECISION TIME.

been saying the same thing all day.

this situation simply HAS to be resolved by Blackpool

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think managers would be happier to lend us their good young players if our manager was Wilkins because he has had a good deal of success bringing on young players.

McGhee would be less likely to get them because managers would be worried he would play them out of position or simply not play them a la Lowe.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
munster monch said:
Oh right, but wasn't one taken for a second period?

Yes we extended Stokes supposedly for a month, before he decided he wanted to leave after one match I think.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Man of Harveys said:
I doubt whether loan players care whether it's Dean Wilkins, Mark McGhee or the Mighty Mouse himself Kevin Keegan in the dugout.
I don't disagree with the rest of your post but this isn't really true is it? Is a player going to sign on for a month, two months, if there is a possibility a week or two down the line there will be a new manager and his face might not fit? Tony Stokes for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here