Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I trust in DICK - but its time for a DECISION

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Right, I've been stewing all morning, I've been down the pub, and I'm ready to unload.

Dick Knight needs to shit or get off the pot. He needs to make a decision on the managerial situation, and he needs to make it NOW. Because at the moment, that squad may not be good enough to keep us in this comfortable mid-table position that many people seem to assume we'll automatically achieve by default, just because we're in the Third Division. We need reinforcements, we need them now, and we're clearly not going to get them while Dick Knight dithers over whether or not to give Wilkins the job.

If it is to be Wilkins/White then fine. Give them the job and let them get cracking on that loan market. With Reids injury, we are now in DIRE need of a couple of quality, experienced loan signings to come in and bolster the team (ideally with a view to a permanent move). Alternatively, if its to be one of these "quality applicants" we're led to believe are interested in the job, then fine. Get them in, get their feet under the desk, and again, let them get cracking on some wheeling and dealing. Cos make no mistake - with the squad as it stands right now, we are in TROUBLE with a capital TRUB, and that ain't going to be resolved while we're loafing about picking our arses, smelling our fingers, and idly wondering whether Ant n' Dec looked good in those sumo costumes.

The time we are wasting right now we could well be rueing come the end of the season. WHATEVER happens on Saturday against Chesterfield, I want to hear a decision from Dick Knight before the Blackpool game on October 8th as to who is going to be in charge of this team for the rest of the season. The team, the club and the fans require clear and definate LEADERSHIP from the top in order to move forward in this post-McGhee era. The longer he leaves it, the more difficult its going to get. So Mr Knight - I support you to my very BONES for what you've done at this proud club, but now you MUST decide who's going to be in charge. This Caretaker malarky simply CANNOT be left to go on on indefinately. Its DECISION TIME.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I get the impression Knight is picking the loan players we go after and maybe even having an influence in the team selection at the moment.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Whoa back matey, careful don't diss the Dick or you'll be labelled a foolish clown.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Goring Gull said:
Who back matey, careful don't diss the Dick or you'll be labelled a foolish clown.
The "real supporters", you mean? :shootself

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Am I the only person who isn't worried about the lack of a managerial decision? If I was DK I think I'd be doing exactly the same.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Easy 10 said:
Right, I've been stewing all morning, I've been down the pub, and I'm ready to unload.

Dick Knight needs to shit or get off the pot. He needs to make a decision on the managerial situation, and he needs to make it NOW. Because at the moment, that squad may not be good enough to keep us in this comfortable mid-table position that many people seem to assume we'll automatically achieve by default, just because we're in the Third Division. We need reinforcements, we need them now, and we're clearly not going to get them while Dick Knight dithers over whether or not to give Wilkins the job.

If it is to be Wilkins/White then fine. Give them the job and let them get cracking on that loan market. With Reids injury, we are now in DIRE need of a couple of quality, experienced loan signings to come in and bolster the team (ideally with a view to a permanent move). Alternatively, if its to be one of these "quality applicants" we're led to believe are interested in the job, then fine. Get them in, get their feet under the desk, and again, let them get cracking on some wheeling and dealing. Cos make no mistake - with the squad as it stands right now, we are in TROUBLE with a capital TRUB, and that ain't going to be resolved while we're loafing about picking our arses, smelling our fingers, and idly wondering whether Ant n' Dec looked good in those sumo costumes.

The time we are wasting right now we could well be rueing come the end of the season. WHATEVER happens on Saturday against Chesterfield, I want to hear a decision from Dick Knight before the Blackpool game on October 8th as to who is going to be in charge of this team for the rest of the season. The team, the club and the fans require clear and definate LEADERSHIP from the top in order to move forward in this post-McGhee era. The longer he leaves it, the more difficult its going to get. So Mr Knight - I support you to my very BONES for what you've done at this proud club, but now you MUST decide who's going to be in charge. This Caretaker malarky simply CANNOT be left to go on on indefinately. Its DECISION TIME.
And there was me thinking that Dean Wilkins was going to be given a fair month to prove his credentials.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Goring Gull said:
Who back matey, careful don't diss the Dick or you'll be labelled a foolish clown.
Not dissing The Dick at all GG. But It's at times like this that he needs to come to the fore, and do exactly what it is he is there for. I believe we need a decision, one way or the other, before Blackpool. If we still don't know by then whether or not Wilkins has got the job, then in my opinion, that is going to start having a severely detrimental impact on our season. I'm a DK supporter - always have been, always will be. But he doesn't always get things right, and this indecision is starting to drift towards towards a wrong-un...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Sorry, but I think this is entertaining but just more of the usual "SOMEONE, DO SOMETHING, NOW!!! ANYTHING!!! WE LOST LAST NIGHT!!!".

Not quite sure what benefits come from A DECISION!!! NOW! that wouldn't come from making a decision with thought rather than empty vessels making noise driving it.

As for my view: I'm pleased DK hasn't committed yet - he got his arse burnt before doing that and that can cost more in the long run. I doubt whether loan players care whether it's Dean Wilkins, Mark McGhee or the Mighty Mouse himself Kevin Keegan in the dugout.

Maybe I'm wrong but I get the impression there is a feeling that we can't get players in because we don't have a long-term manager in place?

Where is the evidence that DW has been told he can't get the right loan player in if he can identify him and he can be persuaded to join us?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Easy 10 said:

Absolutely spot on. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Man of Harveys said:

As for my view: I'm pleased DK hasn't committed yet - he got his arse burnt before doing that and that can cost more in the long run. I doubt whether loan players care whether it's Dean Wilkins, Mark McGhee or the Mighty Mouse himself Kevin Keegan in the dugout.

Perhaps not but it should be the MANAGER deciding who we loan in - not the Chairman.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: I trust in DICK - but its time for a DECISION

The Large One said:
And there was me thinking that Dean Wilkins was going to be given a fair month to prove his credentials.
A month isn't really long enough to prove anything is it ? There are too many factors regarding who we're playing, who's injured, luck, suspensions etc etc. I'm not saying that I want Wilkins OUT. All I want is a DECISION one way or the other so we can start sorting some signings out before things start getting really shitty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here