Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I thinking of going teetotal

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
My inability to know when to stop is causing me untold grief, in the last year I have pissed the bed, slept all night in my works reception (an hour and a half while standing up), sent untold looney messages to an ex, woken up in London and didn't know how, spent 3 hours travelling on trains to get home because I kept falling asleep, started on one of my mates, tried to strangle one of my mates and ruined a potential relationship with a girl who was really f***ing mint before it even got started.

f*** me, put like that I need to stop drinking.

you're lucky, if any of me or my mates started on each other , we wouldnt be mates....golden rule no 1.

Perhaps if you sort out some deep lying issues then you will be able to get absolutely hammered and act normal mate

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Haven't f***ed any of my mates birds. It was the same guy I started on and tried to strangle. Lets just say he did a lot to provoke it over the years and I'm only one of about 3 other mates who have gone for him. However I'm not an aggressive person so that's why it worries me.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I thought you strangling him was fun to watch and I wish you paid me that kind of attention.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It is certainly the answer to the question: what could I take that shrinks my dick and drains my bank account?

Isn't that adapted from some 70's comics joke about his wife. It has to be.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
:ascarf:
Has anyone else on here done this and did they find it hard?

Another attention seeking post:rolleyes:

Going straight should be first priority

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
:ascarf:

Another attention seeking post:rolleyes:

Going straight should be first priority

Moron comes into thread started by someone he hates because of fixation with said thread starters sexuality and posts inflammatory comment.

But I'm attention seeking:)

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'd go without alcohol for about three months, then alcohol only on Wed, Fri and Sat...Sundays only if its a special event...thats what I do, not religiously but try to cut it out on weeknights and keep it moderate on weekends.

Don't worry about what you do when you're drunk, worry more about your liver, when it packs up you won't be able to do anything stupid so worry about your health first!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Les old son.

You just need a decent wingman to stop you, so then you can strut your funky stuff in a nice merry way before you get too blotto...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have never drunk alcohol, I have good reason not to do so, but can't say I think my life is any poorer for not doing so.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Gave up one night,in the pub !! thought whats the point in getting 'trolleyed' Finished my pint,went for a Jimmy. Came back someone had got me another pint. I've never looked back. :drink:

Has anyone else on here done this and did they find it hard?

I've been teetotal for almost 18 years. I've never found it particularly hard, although sometimes convincing others that you are can be very difficult. There certainly came a point at which I no longer even thought about it. I just don't drink alcohol and that's it. A few friends, rather bizarrely, have found it difficult, admitting to me that they can feel uncomfortable drinking in front of me, which can be disconcerting. You just have to find a way to convince them that you really don't care if they drink (the easiest way is to buy them something strong!). One problem I've come up against which was unexpected was the refusal of some friends to countenance me buying a round - they somehow feel they are being unfair if I'm buying them expensive booze and they're buying me a can of bru. Again, I have to tell them that I would feel unfair if I never bought a round.

Essentially, most of the problems I have had have been due to the assumption that everyone drinks and that those who don't should be treated differently. You just have to be patient, explain things, and act yourself as if it is nothing special (it's not, after all).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here