Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I thinking of going teetotal

I gave up for a couple of years 3 years ago. I'd been drinking to much for to long and was beginning to f*** up and generally felt shitty physicaly and mentally. Once you get it into your head that you don't drink its a piece of piss and I felt so much better for it. Plus you get all the enjoyment of watching your mates behaving like twats and know you will feel good in the morning.
I started again last christmas and now limit my self to 2 pints. I'm an extreemly cheap date and have an erection like the old man of hoy.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
My inability to know when to stop is causing me untold grief, in the last year I have pissed the bed, slept all night in my works reception (an hour and a half while standing up), sent untold looney messages to an ex, woken up in London and didn't know how, spent 3 hours travelling on trains to get home because I kept falling asleep, started on one of my mates, tried to strangle one of my mates and ruined a potential relationship with a girl who was really f***ing mint before it even got started.

f*** me, put like that I need to stop drinking.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You need to maybe just not go on such massive benders when you do go drinking. You don't actually drink very often but when you do you go for it. Pace yourself and you will probably be ok.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Do I know how to though. You saw my face on Friday when someone suggested shots, it was as if Drew Barrymore and Winona Ryder had offered me a threesome.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My inability to know when to stop is causing me untold grief, in the last year I have pissed the bed, slept all night in my works reception (an hour and a half while standing up), sent untold looney messages to an ex, woken up in London and didn't know how, spent 3 hours travelling on trains to get home because I kept falling asleep, started on one of my mates, tried to strangle one of my mates and ruined a potential relationship with a girl who was really f***ing mint before it even got started.

Boys will be Boys Les

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As the late great Winston Churchill one said

" I have got far more out of alcohol than alcohol has got out of me ".

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cocaine is CLEARLY the answer.

Drink as long as you like but, with the odd straightener, never get pissed. *

*Cocaine CLEARLY isn't the answer here and never will be.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If you have enough self control to go teetotal you may have enough to know your limits when you do drink i reckon.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I gave up alcohol for lent a couple of years back and found it pretty hard. It did make going out difficult, and you notice that everyone you're with absolutely stinks of alcohol - not nice. I gave up eating meat for lent once too, and that was much harder. The thing is, a little bit of alcohol on a moderate, regular basis can actually be quite good for you. Personally, I wish in a way I could give it up too because I do drink too much and I do probably rely on it too much to help me unwind.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm off to Manc on Monday to see Kate Nash (in concert rather than a f*** by unfortunately) so may make that my last booze addled night.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
If you have enough self control to go teetotal you may have enough to know your limits when you do drink i reckon.

That's the problem, as soon as the booze is flowing through my system I just want more. Perhaps it's some sort of Freudian death drive.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
cocaine would help as previously suggested but start the cocaine early on the bender and not late doors, otherwise the wheels come off in even more spectacular fashion

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

f***ing hell............I'd give up if I were you my friend.

I've never tried dropping alcohol completely although I drink less in a week now than I used to in a day when I was younger - funnily enough where I used to drink up to 20 pints a day (admittedly suffering from total memory loss thereafter) I can now get pissed quite easily on four pints and only bother with that once a week. Often out socially I drink coca cola but it tends to leave you bloated and piss a lot :D

I did give up smoking 19 years 4 months and 15 days ago and it was dead easy (NOT!!!). That was purely down to economics but I know that if I had a fag now I would be back on 60 a day again pretty damn quick so you will need some willpower to drop the booze. Best of luck. Piss taking apart, the positive thing is that you will find a lot of people will support you

So good luck and stick with it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here