Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think next Saturday will be full of doom

D

Deleted member 18477

OK, so our defeat against Eastbourne Borough last pre-season doomed us to being also-rans and stopped us from being league one champions? Eastbourne are clearly a better team.

i dont remember saying brighton were doomed last year or this year?

on that day they were a better team yes.

on saturday england were a better team and won.

this saturday brighton might be the better team and win which is what i was saying from the start...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not going to lie , would be quite nice to end their little run at home , especially as they ended ours (Bastards).

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Depends on what team we can put out.........injuries and all that.Nevertheless,I am hopeful we can get a draw at least!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Might be a few empty seats in our end, but I'm sure we'll get 100% behind our team, will we hear a peep out of the Saints fans?

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
This Saturday Win lose or Draw will not make a difference to how I feel about this Season. Reckon we will finish mid table ( with a slim chance of sneaking into the playoffs), more than happy with that and further building/strenghening for the following season. Gus has already said that he wants us to be in a position to be able to stay and compete in the prem before we go up. That said it would be bloody fantastic if we nick a win on Saturday!

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Vicente and Buckley are in the starting line up then we are in with a chance.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This Saturday Win lose or Draw will not make a difference to how I feel about this Season. Reckon we will finish mid table ( with a slim chance of sneaking into the playoffs), more than happy with that and further building/strenghening for the following season. Gus has already said that he wants us to be in a position to be able to stay and compete in the prem before we go up. That said it would be bloody fantastic if we nick a win on Saturday!

that ........it is about time we turned in a fuckin' performance, could be it ,maybe not ......nothing to loose really.

SaintsFTW

Nov 22, 2010
I agree with the first part of the OP's post.
Gona be another sweet win for the mighty red & white.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anything more than 0 points and 0 goals for us and I'll be happy. On form we should get a tonking, so I'd be over the moon with a duller than dull 0-0.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If the team doesn't embarress itself/us then I will return in a good mood. But, I think we are going to get overpowered and beaten at a canter. Our only realistic hope is to get an early goal and put them on the back foot.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I think Gus's main thinking behind this game will be defensive and then try and counter them as much as possible, can't see Gus not being happy with a point, which we all won't.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Reasons Saints will win:

19 home wins in a row
Better squad
Better attack
Better midfield
Better defence
Sell-out home crowd
Scoring for fun
Ripping up the division
Beaten likes of West Ham
Revenge for losing out on title

Reasons Albion will win:

Football's a funny old game

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We will be lucky to get nil.

One thing that is ANNOYING the f*** out of me is that Gus seems more FIRED UP for this game.

WRONG GAME mate, COMPLETELY the wrong game, dont ever EVER think otherwise EVER. The PRIORITY was and ALWAYS will be Palace. Thats P A L A C E. NOT Southampton.

NO Albion fan really gives a f*** about Stains. To me if we win great, I will be happy like I will be happy if we had beaten Cardiff, Boro or Derby or Watford or ANY other team other than them. Palace gives you bragging rights over your RIVALS.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We will be lucky to get nil.

One thing that is ANNOYING the f*** out of me is that Gus seems more FIRED UP for this game.

WRONG GAME mate, COMPLETELY the wrong game, dont ever EVER think otherwise EVER. The PRIORITY was and ALWAYS will be Palace. Thats P A L A C E. NOT Southampton.

NO Albion fan really gives a f*** about Stains. To me if we win great, I will be happy like I will be happy if we had beaten Cardiff, Boro or Derby or Watford or ANY other team other than them. Palace gives you bragging rights over your RIVALS.

I'm loving your incredibly angry, bitter posts about that Palace game seven weeks later. Because that's exactly how I feel!

I think you're right about Gus on that issue. Even after the Hull game he said basically, 'Yes, we've lost some league games and ground but everyone who saw us against Liverpool and Leeds on TV is telling me we are a good team'.

So a few nice comments from his media chums was more important than beating Palace? He didn't get it, but hopefully he does now.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Stains are clearly big favourites. But they won't win every game at home this season. And 13/2 is very generous against us. If I didn't know it would be the kiss o death I would be tempted to take those odds.

It's not a big deal as a game, Pompey is much bigger for us and we've already done them. But let's really get behind the team like we do at the best away games. And hope they play Harding.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here