I see the new stand has been erected

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
excellent - more empty greeness in the place

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Please someone tell me weve not put more seats up at Withdean?

If we have tehn its a total joke waste of funds that will NEVER be recovered. What are the commercial arm of this club playing at?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Albion Dan said:
Please someone tell me weve not put more seats up at Withdean?

If we have tehn its a total joke waste of funds that will NEVER be recovered. What are the commercial arm of this club playing at?

When we are successful we will sell out - whatever the division. When we have games we are not going to sell out - we can make it easy and cheaper for younger supporters/clubs/groups to get tickets so when Falmer comes our fanbase has started growing to match it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Dick Knights Mum said:
When we are successful we will sell out - whatever the division. When we have games we are not going to sell out - we can make it easy and cheaper for younger supporters/clubs/groups to get tickets so when Falmer comes our fanbase has started growing to match it.

Rubbish we will not sell more than 8000 seats at Withdean unless we are doing well in theChampionship and that isnt going ot happen for years.

People are SICK of Withdean, win,lose,or draw. The experience is rubbish, the atmosphere a joke.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Albion Dan said:
Rubbish we will not sell more than 8000 seats at Withdean unless we are doing well in theChampionship and that isnt going ot happen for years.

People are SICK of Withdean, win,lose,or draw. The experience is rubbish, the atmosphere a joke.

But that is the fault of us fans as much as anything else... we have been fairly poor recently

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
£23 pounds for league one football will make sure that we never sell out these new seats :nono:

I wish the board had waited until after the season to set ticket prices!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Albion Dan said:

I disagree. Get an exciting team playing attacking. winning football and we will sell out in League One.

Beats another Championship relegation battle.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
blockhseagull said:
But that is the fault of us fans as much as anything else... we have been fairly poor recently

I think everyone has had enough thats the problem, every further season will see the situation worsen imo.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Albion Dan said:
I think everyone has had enough thats the problem, every further season will see the situation worsen imo.

You could be right, but the decision to put the seats in was made some time ago...not just last week !!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It used to be £20 or so to watch Brighton heading for our second title. It was very difficult to get tickets and I expect we would have sold out in the summer or end of season when the weather is nice.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Dick Knights Mum said:
I disagree. Get an exciting team playing attacking. winning football and we will sell out in League One.

Beats another Championship relegation battle.

Exactly they will come back if were doing well again in league 1.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The stand is the same height as the old away stand and almost the same width being located just to the left if you were behind them

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Can't see it ever selling out next season unless we are in the top 3 or 4, which won't happen.

Don't think we will be getting more than 5,500 next season. Even Southend are a bigger club than us now :(

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
People moaned when we had to fight to get planning permission for the extra seats saying the club weren't trying hard enough (when the council and club were taken to the High Court by John Catt) and now we've got them they are moaning because we're not going to fill them.

:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here