Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I see the new stand has been erected

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Seagullible said:
Now you're being a fuckwit! They've been trying to get the seats in for a while but have had opposition whichhas delayed them being put in. These seats are vital to allow extra revenue so we CAN AFFORD players

Do you know how much the seats cost? As I aksed earlier in the thread?

Alot of people getting a bit mardy on this topic, as I said I know it was agreed over a year ago, it was 2 actually and it was a bloody good idea at the time, but we are not going to be at Withdean for as long now so how many of these seats will we have to fill in order to get a RETURN on investment? If there is no return on investment then we cant afford any more players and weve spent funds that ould have kept us up.

If its not many then Ill admit Im wrong but If we cant sell out now (Leeds apart, not once since Novemebr) playing teams in the Championship. How are we going to vs Yeovil, Barnsley, Bradford etc?

No one is answering the question except hoping we get in the play offs. I hope Im wrong, but my gut feeling is that if I bounce this thread in a years time theyll be mucho egg on face.

Whoever said, that my argument, means we may as well not bother with Falmer is the real fuckwit on here. Decent grounds and facillities mean people want to go, and actually manage to enjoy the football and food, and atmosphere, regardless of weather.

Withdean has run its course with thousands of Albion fans, I know loads of people who were seaon ticket holders who have blown it out because win, lose, or draw its HORRIBLE at Withdean, and I fail to see how a stand miles from the pitch is going to change that.

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
How about the word 'pendulous'? Is it possible to say that word without thinking of breasts?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
seagullsovergrimsby said:
I also think that the club should be promoting the fact that fans buying tickets over the phone can pick up their tickets from the collection point at Withdean rather than depend on the post. This is the nearest thing to a pay on the gate system and may encourage people to attend as a spur of the moment decision (as long as it is more than 2 hours from kick off time)

I only recently discovered how easy it is to get tickets on the day by the method quoted above. Before that I didn't bother if I hadn't got tickets sorted well in advance. I think the word will get round eventually and the seats will be filled.

Whatever division the Albion are playing in next year, I will get to more games than I have in previous Withdean seasons, simply because my job makes it difficult to book in advance. For that reason I'm dead chuffed to see more seats.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Albion Dan said:
Do you know how much the seats cost? As I aksed earlier in the thread?

Alot of people getting a bit mardy on this topic, as I said I know it was agreed over a year ago, it was 2 actually and it was a bloody good idea at the time, but we are not going to be at Withdean for as long now so how many of these seats will we have to fill in order to get a RETURN on investment? If there is no return on investment then we cant afford any more players and weve spent funds that ould have kept us up.

If its not many then Ill admit Im wrong but If we cant sell out now (Leeds apart, not once since Novemebr) playing teams in the Championship. How are we going to vs Yeovil, Barnsley, Bradford etc?

No one is answering the question except hoping we get in the play offs. I hope Im wrong, but my gut feeling is that if I bounce this thread in a years time theyll be mucho egg on face.

Whoever said, that my argument, means we may as well not bother with Falmer is the real fuckwit on here. Decent grounds and facillities mean people want to go, and actually manage to enjoy the football and food, and atmosphere, regardless of weather.

Withdean has run its course with thousands of Albion fans, I know loads of people who were seaon ticket holders who have blown it out because win, lose, or draw its HORRIBLE at Withdean, and I fail to see how a stand miles from the pitch is going to change that.

Tell you what we will bounce it today...and you can scrape the egg off your face bearing in mind we ARE going to be at Withdean for at least another 3 seasons...so low and behold the club do know more than you

YOU ARE OWNED SUNSHINE

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Dan said:
If you want to sing from the club hymn sheet then Yorkie is certainly the lady to conduct you. I believe you can buy copies from the Seagull shop in Queens road.

The fact is that the club cant fill the seats it has and certainly wont in Div 1 so why bother, we are only meant to be at Withdean for another 2 years!!!! I would rather the money was spent on players.

What he said, I thought the total was closer to a million after changing rooms etc?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
KinkyNormanBaker said:
What he said, I thought the total was closer to a million after changing rooms etc?

Most of it has already been spent, surely?

The last bit of temporary seating can't be a great deal of the overall cost that was budgeted for about 2 years ago.

The pessimism of some people on NSC just amazes me.

Remember this thread?

.Could Friday be the lowest league gate at the Withdean?

... which started with this miserable forecast ...

Uncle Spielberg said:
I hate to say this but I think Friday could see the lowest or one of the lowest gates at the Withdean for a league match.

And what happened?

We got the second HIGHEST Withdean attendance EVER

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Albion Dan said:

We might have 2 completely empty stands next season and we might struggle on the playing side because we gambled on a stand for only 2 seasons use when we already have spare seats, and neglected the playing side of the club.

Dick Knights Mum said:
I disagree. Get an exciting team playing attacking. winning football and we will sell out in League One.

Beats another Championship relegation battle.

Seagullible said:
:shutup: please top being so blinkered and negative. The extra seats WILL be used and ARE needed. There is a big gulf between Championship and League 1 and the squad we have would do well IF we went down. Some people just can't be happy can they

Formerly Known as DEZ said:
This is bullshit. Having more seats is a positive thing. If we are pushing for promotion next season (or alternatively playing big championship sides) we'll easily be able to fill them. The negativity on this board is sooooo boring!

I hate to say I told anyone so but I got a load of grief for criticsing the desicion to blow a load of our cash on the uneeded new stand. If wed spent that cash on the team wed probab,ly syill be in the championship instead of hurtling towards Div 2 but nobody could see the bliindingly obvious.

Sometimes the commercial side of this club is run appalingly.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Albion Dan said:
I hate to say I told anyone so but I got a load of grief for criticsing the desicion to blow a load of our cash on the uneeded new stand. If wed spent that cash on the team wed probab,ly syill be in the championship instead of hurtling towards Div 2 but nobody could see the bliindingly obvious.

Sometimes the commercial side of this club is run appalingly.

Sacking McGhee and not giving him the money he needed to sign the players, when we needed them is the mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here