Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I see the new stand has been erected

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Yorkie said:
People moaned when we had to fight to get planning permission for the extra seats saying the club weren't trying hard enough (when the council and club were taken to the High Court by John Catt) and now we've got them they are moaning because we're not going to fill them.

:rolleyes:

Stating the blindingly obvious again i see?

Explain how we are going to sell them out?

Also everyone is overlooking the fact that without the Carden Avenue Park and Ride we are in breach of the Planning permission.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fourthteamtillidie said:
Stating the blindingly obvious again i see?

Explain how we are going to sell them out?

Also everyone is overlooking the fact that without the Carden Avenue Park and Ride we are in breach of the Planning permission.

Which is why a new Park and Ride is being sorted out if at all possible.
Sometimes there is so much negativity on here that the blidingly obvious has to be pointed out.
It makes a change from all the sheep bleating and copying everyone else's posts .

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yorkie you really can be an incredible bore, will you ever criticise the club?

Can you not accept that it is not particuarly financialy astute to invest in something you have very little chance of getting a return on investment?

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Albion Dan said:
Yorkie you really acan be an incredible bore, will you ever criticise the club?

Can you not accept that it is not particuarly financialy astute to invest in something you have very little chance of getting a return on investment?

But in this case she is stating the obvious cos no one else will! We didnt stop complaining there werent enough seats and now there are we are complaining for another reason.

Were gonna be here another 4 or 5 seasons i expect so they may well yet prove to be a decent bit of business. If we are top 3 or 4 in any league we will sell out i expect

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Albion Dan said:
Yorkie you really acan be an incredible bore, will you ever criticise the club?

This is bullshit. Having more seats is a positive thing. If we are pushing for promotion next season (or alternatively playing big championship sides) we'll easily be able to fill them. The negativity on this board is sooooo boring!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I never moaned that the seats werent being built, i think that it was obvious that once we put in the new away end and struggled to sell what was available that we needed to take stock and put the rest on hold.

How much has it cost us? The wages of a player who might have saved us this season?

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Albion Dan said:
I never moaned that the seats werent being built, i think that it was obvious that once we put in the new away end and struggled to sell what was available that we needed to take stock and put the rest on hold.

How much has it cost us? The wages of a player who might have saved us this season?

money was available to buy a player. McGhee just couldn't find one. Building a stand had nothing to do with it. Plus how much does it cost to put up a bit of scaffolding?!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Formerly Known as DEZ said:
Plus how much does it cost to put up a bit of scaffolding?!

I have no idea, thats why Im asking. Im sure if a bit more money was available to mark then hed have had a much easier time of persuading someone to come.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
How many other teams can boast 6 stands?

What a stadium!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Albion Dan said:

There was a figure of £400,000 mentioned last year that was funded by the sale of Dan Harding. But not sure if that was for the new stand or to buy the existing seats we were renting.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Albion Dan said:

Buying seats or renting them? Which is cheaper?
Why the personal abuse? Can someone not have a different opinion around here without being abused?
That gets boring.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
When we were winning the Div 2 & 3 titles and every match was sold out with tickets like "gold dust" there was non-stop moaning about the lack of capacity.

Some people have such short memories...:nono:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Albion Dan said:

I'd rather read her stuff than yours, you supercillious disparager.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
What's the betting that most of the moaning about the new seats comes from STHs? I'm really pleased that there are more seats available, it means that there's a good chance of tickets being available on the day (via a phone call to the ticket office) so people like me can make a last minute(ish) decision to go to games. Since the new away stand went in it's been a lot easier to get tickets, surely the easier it gets the more people will attend?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
227 BHA said:
When we were winning the Div 2 & 3 titles and every match was sold out with tickets like "gold dust" there was non-stop moaning about the lack of capacity.

Some people have such short memories...:nono:

Good point but we will need success if relegated to fill these additional seats.

I doubt the away end will be more than half full each home game.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I for one think it is a good thing, for years people have had trouble getting tickets for albion games..... and alot have given up trying as the whole postal application thing seems like hard work.

Now those that aren't season ticket holders will be able to get tickets to come and see the team at withdean.

I expect the cost of the development was already paid for and if we put a stop on the last set of seats would have had to pay the contractors some kind of fee for putting the job on hold...this being a complete waste of money

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
dougdeep said:

Me too - i'm sick of the moaning brigade, it seems nothing the club does is ever right...

We need more seats......No now we've got too many

Get a grip!! At least there are some of us who can support our club even when times are bad....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
dougdeep said:

tedebear said:
Me too - i'm sick of the moaning brigade, it seems nothing the club does is ever right...

We need more seats......No now we've got too many

Get a grip!! At least there are some of us who can support our club even when times are bad....

If you want to sing from the club hymn sheet then Yorkie is certainly the lady to conduct you. I believe you can buy copies from the Seagull shop in Queens road.

The fact is that the club cant fill the seats it has and certainly wont in Div 1 so why bother, we are only meant to be at Withdean for another 2 years!!!! I would rather the money was spent on players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here