Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I reckon the 31000 will sell out today! BUT MARTIN PERRY SAYS DIFFERENTLY

May 21, 2004
got my uncle to go to the club shop NOW!!!!

poor bastard doesn't realise how bad the queues are, will owe him a pint or 8 for sure if he pulls this off

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Re: I reckon the 31000 will sell out today !

Gareth Glover said:
Judging by the queues at Withdean , up the hill , down the car park to the Sportsman, round the car park twice, out of the car park and up Valley Drive ! and also up and around the back roads at Queens Road the whole 31000 will go TODAY !.

There must be several thousand queueing at Withdean alone and if everyone gets 5 tickets on average thats the lot gone.

I have left my mate at Queens Road at 10.00am to go back and join him at 12.

I know someone at Withdean who started queueing at 7.45 and he is still not at the turnstiles at 10.50 am.

Firstly why did season ticket holders get first go, say 1 day for season ticket holders to claim first and then other. There has been no priority for the 4000-5000 people who have sat in the pouring rain for 5 years at Withdean to the glory seekers whose first game for 5 years will be at Cardiff and why have the first selling day on a Saturday ?.

I would have thought priority would have gone to the die hards first.
i think the same my 4 mates got their at 830,still half way their and they r getting 36 tickets,rand10 mins ago reckon at least another 2hrs q

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
berkshire seagull said:
O.k maybe its mixed in with money he has pumped in with his shares:lolol: i do recall a 1 million pound bonanza:drink:

I suppose you think "he" (Fatboy Slim) owns Skint too? I think you'd better give up Berkshire. :shootself

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Well, I cant get there till tomorrow, Iam seriously worried about not getting a ticket, but if it sells out it will make me very proud. Not looking forward to queueing up all day tomorow and getting to the turnstile to be told 'sorry sold out'
Surely we cant sell 31000 can we?

May 21, 2004
Berkshire, Reading were allocated 40,000 for the walsall game at the millstad and sold out in a DAY!!!!!

I've just had a very irrate Dave Bartlett on phone telling me this, text him I dare u!!! he's gone psycho:blush:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
VOICE OF REASON...

Maybe the queues are so long as people are not taking prefilled forms and filling them out at the counter/turnstile. Therefore, though the queue is long and people have been in it for some time, there hasnt actually been many tickets sold. ???

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Rambo said:
Well, I cant get there till tomorrow, Iam seriously worried about not getting a ticket, but if it sells out it will make me very proud. Not looking forward to queueing up all day tomorow and getting to the turnstile to be told 'sorry sold out'
Surely we cant sell 31000 can we?

Hope not, (although would be a great positive for Falmer) I worked out that if they are open until 5pm it would mean selling 64 tickets a minute. Suppose the feasability of this depends on the average number of tickets each person is buying and the number of ticket sellers working today.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
2nd VOICE OF REASON

Maybe some people are just standing in the queue to keep their friends company whilst queuing and not actually buying tickets.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
clutching at straws maybe, but think of it like this - if the tickets are going fast, then shirley the queue should be too. it doent take long to show your ID, hand over a wad of cash and be given your tickets back.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
3rd voice of reason

I have got back and started queueing at 7.45. The shop didn't start selling until 9.30 so I got served within 90 mins. Stewards are checking forms and id as you queue to save time but they are only letting 4 or 5 into the shop at a time so that there isn't any shoplifting and the shop doesn't get over crowded.

I would estimate there is about 500 to 600 queueing at the club shop so I don't think we will sell out today.

At the shop you can also buy tickets for the train. £40 1st class and £27.50 standard. Leaves Hove at 7.30am and calls at Worthing. Good bargain in my view but you need to pash cash for the train ticket. (separate table btw)
I got our Cardiff tickets and then went to the ATM for cash and went back in to buy train tkts (the steward knew I was doing that.
Good humoured queue and great to chat to people whilst waiting.

Thanks Beach Hut for the coffee. :clap2:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Yorkie, as the voice of experince and sence right here right now, how many a people typically buying? Should we really worry too much?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
beorhthelm said:
Yorkie, as the voice of experince and sence right here right now, how many a people typically buying? Should we really worry too much?

I bought 7 but typically I reckon about 5 on average. (and the 7 I bought for are regulars who are working today)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Yorkie said:
3rd voice of reason

I have got back and started queueing at 7.45. The shop didn't start selling until 9.30 so I got served within 90 mins. Stewards are checking forms and id as you queue to save time but they are only letting 4 or 5 into the shop at a time so that there isn't any shoplifting and the shop doesn't get over crowded.

I would estimate there is about 500 to 600 queueing at the club shop so I don't think we will sell out today.

At the shop you can also buy tickets for the train. £40 1st class and £27.50 standard. Leaves Hove at 7.30am and calls at Worthing. Good bargain in my view but you need to pash cash for the train ticket. (separate table btw)
I got our Cardiff tickets and then went to the ATM for cash and went back in to buy train tkts (the steward knew I was doing that.
Good humoured queue and great to chat to people whilst waiting.

Thanks Beach Hut for the coffee. :clap2:
is this the special trains the club r running whats the route and how long

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here