Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I reckon the 31000 will sell out today! BUT MARTIN PERRY SAYS DIFFERENTLY

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It is but I don't know the route. Only stopping at Hove, Worthing and Cardiff.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Richtea Horace said:
Berkshire, Reading were allocated 40,000 for the walsall game at the millstad and sold out in a DAY!!!!!

I've just had a very irrate Dave Bartlett on phone telling me this, text him I dare u!!! he's gone psycho:blush:
They did not have 40k i can bet with anyone as thats over half the M-S and many gaps where in the reading end.

Runt over and dave can sulk on
:lolol:
Just get the match on tape and then apologise:lolol:

Commentator said 24k walsall and 28k reading roughly and certainly not 40k absolute certainty:drink:

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
3rd voice of reason

I have got back and started queueing at 7.45. The shop didn't start selling until 9.30 so I got served within 90 mins. Stewards are checking forms and id as you queue to save time but they are only letting 4 or 5 into the shop at a time so that there isn't any shoplifting and the shop doesn't get over crowded.

I would estimate there is about 500 to 600 queueing at the club shop so I don't think we will sell out today.

At the shop you can also buy tickets for the train. £40 1st class and £27.50 standard. Leaves Hove at 7.30am and calls at Worthing. Good bargain in my view but you need to pash cash for the train ticket. (separate table btw)
I got our Cardiff tickets and then went to the ATM for cash and went back in to buy train tkts (the steward knew I was doing that.
Good humoured queue and great to chat to people whilst waiting.

Thanks Beach Hut for the coffee. :clap2:

/hugs Yorkie............

My Brother isn't getting down there until 3pm, so thanks for allaying any fears luv.

Grizz

What we need is a nice big Thursday-stylee thunderstorm pissing down HARD on both queues. That will sort out who REALLY wants to go :D :D :jester: :jester:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My mate has just phoned me. He got tix behind the goal after queuing for four and a half hours. He says the queues are massive, snaking around the carpark and up Valley Drive - he thinks that it's unlikely that there will be any left after today.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Just got back from the stadium, was there at 9am. No £46 tickets left there when we got to the turnstyles and not many £40 ones either. Queue was still back into the car park when we left.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Dick Knight's Mum just rang me with latest queue update. He (or should that be she?) has been in the queue for an hour, and is now just level with the away supporters' entrance. Everyone who is currently in the queue has been told they will get a ticket, and the 40 quid tickets have NOT yet sold out - apparently they're just delivering a new batch down to Withdean as I type this.

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Does any body know how many tickets for each price band there is. That will help us work out how many have gone if the £46 and £40 have all gone.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I got one of the last £40 tickets at around 3.00. Most people were going for the higher prices.

According to Paul Camallin on SCR, they will have sold around half the allocation today. There will be loads of tickets in the cheaper prices available tomorrow and probably with smaller queues. I'm still not convinced we will sell out.

Stop panicking!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Right I have just got back from queueing for seven and a half hours and am very tired and pissed off.

Its appears this post has cause an upset and I received a public dressing down in the queue from a NSC regular for it.

When I made the post I had had a call from a friend at Withdean who had queued fo 3 hours and had not got his ickets yet. He said get down there now as the may sell out.

I drove to Withdean to see the queue going uo the hill round the car park twice and up and out of sight up Valley Drive. My post was well intended to suggest anyone who wanted a ticket especially the best views to get to the office today. The fact we did not sell out today was not due to lack of demand but due to the very slow distribution of them. That is in no way a criticism of the staff but if it had been quicker or if we had more distribution channels we would have sold them. I still think we will sell out or come close by tomorrow but could be wrong.

If I have inconvienced anyone I apologise but I do think some people over estimate the influence of NSC.

If the public if people want information on sales they will not come to NSC for it, no disrepect. The radio on Southern FM were saying at 12pm much higher than anticipated queues/demand.

If a call to Martin Perry ws felt necessary I apologise but if the thread was so off mark or incorrect why was it not deleted.

95% of NSC would have been in the queue by 11am I would have thought.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for that.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Sorry Gareth, but for someone who has "no bull" as your tagline, you write rather a lot of it!

See the "biggest game in 10 years" thread for another example. :lolol:

But I'm sure your heart is in the right place - and at least you suffered along with everyone else today.

See you in Cardiff. :clap2:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Gareth Glover said:
Thanks for that.

I am going to defend Gareth here. I was at Withdean from 8am onwards and by by the time we got to the front (1PM) all the £46 had gone and all the £40 were selling out fast too. There was definitely a feeling that the game was looking like selling out on day one with the queues snaking out of sight. Gareth was not alone in making this prediction by any means.

Don't worry Gareth. The queues did look very scary. There were plenty of people on NSC early in the day who were saying it was near physically impossible to sell 30k in the hours. NSC users could have listened to them if they wanted you. You gave the other view - everyone was operating on limited information and had to give a guess-estimate about what was happening.

I take my hat off to people who laughed at it all and who will stroll down in the next couple of days and get their tix in their leisure. For most of the day up to about 1.30pm I was one of those people, but then when the news came through that the £46-ers had gone, my pisstaking humour drained away very quickly and THIS COULD NOT BE LEFT TO CHANCE AND MY ARROGANCE. :lolol: :lolol:

So a three-hour queue for me, I missed the cup final but so what I wasn't that interested in it anyway - but what I had was, in effect, a 3-hour laugh and chat with some lovely people who I now will have the good fortune to be sitting near next Sunday week. No harm done.

This day has filled me with immense pride as an Albion fan that we can shift so many tickets in one day. With a fair wind now we will get rid of the other half. I welcome all these new and returning fans alike - these will be the guys who we will be standing shoulder to shoulder with at Falmer. :clap: :clap: :clap:

We NSC-ers can now look back at today and laugh mightily. Some of the threads on here are classics of urban paranoia and the mods should pick some of the best ones and stick 'em in NSC Gold to educate those who will come after us. Whatever judgments people made, they were all fuelled by the AMAZING PASSION we have for this wonderful club.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

PS - the queues at Withdean were down to a few people when I left the Sportsman half an hour ago. Congratulations to all the club workers at Withdean today for their hard and dedicated work.

Last edited:

Wozza said:
No disrespect but I think the moral is, don't listen to Gareth Glover.

The kind of sourness-cum-smugness that punctuates a little too much of your contributions on NSC I'm afraid.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for your words LI.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here