Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I love ashley barnes

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He is the new gary hart. Enthusiastic young striker turned into committed, take's no shit, die for the cause wide player. Mr burns once started a thread saying he wasn't strong enough. Well that's bollocks. He's not the quickest, or the most skilled, but he's tough. Great display today and he played those 4 minutes of injury time like a pro.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He was quality today. Absolute quality. As, from where I was sitting anyway, was Harley when he came on.

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Completely agree with this. He does so much stuff that can often go un-noticed. Especially when he's essentially playing out of position as a left midfielder.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
OP's nailed it. Barnes worked bloody hard for the team today and played with a cool head in additional time. Don't judge him purely on his lack of goals - he offered a lot more than that today. He looked comfortable against Premiership opponents.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Now that we don't expect him to score any more it is easier to see the enormous value he brings to the team - when he doesn't play we miss him in midfield. Seriously good midfielder now

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Have always rated Barnes ... he is immense
As for Harley ... he has talent oozing from him ... give the guy a break.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Barnes had a very good game, well done lad. Harley did Ok too, but he got crowded out and lost the ball in midfield straight after coming on which made me :rant: :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and he played those 4 minutes of injury time like a pro.

That maybe because he IS a Pro :lolol:

I was dead chuffed for him today and thought he played really well, might keep the knockers at bay for another week at least

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I love him too, but the f***ing Scott prick who sits behind me hates him and also called JFC a twat several time during the game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So do I. He is the most intelligent player at the club. Not the most naturally gifted but his off the ball work is top class, and he holds the ball up better and better. If CMS had played him in after his dummy in the first half, he'd have scored too.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've sat on the fence a while but the last 3/4 games I think Barnes has really shown himself a more than capable asset, passing is good, he's got a tackle in him and he makes a complete nuisance of himself ... well done that man!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here