Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I love ashley barnes

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
So do I. He is the most intelligent player at the club. Not the most naturally gifted but his off the ball work is top class, and he holds the ball up better and better. If CMS had played him in after his dummy in the first half, he'd have scored too.

Another 3 points in the bag?

:lolol:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I accept that he is limited with the ball at his feet, but his runs off the ball are fantastic. One day a decent side will come in for him and you will scratch your head wondering why!
Well as he's out of contract at the end of the season, and would only cost a small tribunel fee, if a decent side was going to come in for him, maybe they would have done by now???

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Any player stepping up a league needs time to adjust to the new pace, aggression and tempo. This is something that only comes with match time, its not something that you can learn in training. Some players adjust better than others.
This is why we need to give our players TIME and not dis them too early. Harley in particular IMO could become a key player for us.

How many world class players have struggled in the premiership in their first matches? Answer: a very high percentage.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
He is the new gary hart. Enthusiastic young striker turned into committed, take's no shit, die for the cause wide player. Mr burns once started a thread saying he wasn't strong enough. Well that's bollocks. He's not the quickest, or the most skilled, but he's tough. Great display today and he played those 4 minutes of injury time like a pro.

My thoughts exactly. He was immense today, as was Liam Bridcutt. Bridcutt showed himself to be premiership class today, really held it all together.

TNBA

TTF

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Was it not Barnes who put a superb pass through down the left side for Buckley just a few minutes after the goal? Best pass of the match for Albion.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I have been a regular knocker of Barnes this season and have judged him on his performances at this level. Nowhere near good enough so far but yesterday he had a really good game. Well pleased to see that! He worked hard and played some nice balls into our forwards and his timewasting in the corner at the end was just what we needed. Excellent performance, Well played!

Lets hope he can now produce the same type of performances as yesterday, he's set his own standards now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here