Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I knew Withdean was draining our resources but...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:clap: to the board for keeping us afloat and giving us 3 years of Championship football. Maybe now some people will give the board a bit of a break before castigating them after every defeat. It is not easy propping up a business with a minimal amount of assets.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
So in theory by staying away...the fans are actually causing some form of financial downfall on the club...God Im a Wanker!

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
byf said:
So in theory by staying away...the fans are actually causing some form of financial downfall on the club...God Im a Wanker!
That was obvious all along. The financial bit, not the wanker bit, I don't know about that.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Which mean the 3500 empty seats are costing the directors, out of their own pockets, the best part of £70,000 each home game ??

BLIMEY :eek: :eek: :eek:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Titanic said:
Which mean the 3500 empty seats are costing the directors, out of their own pockets, the best part of £70,000 each home game ??

BLIMEY :eek: :eek: :eek:

Or put that another way £2,000,000 a season :eek: :eek: :eek:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Barrel of Fun said:
Would it? There would be an elevation of costs and I am not sure what sort of crowd we would get at Gillingham. Ticket prices would have to fall...

I was just going by the figure that we are losing £2,000,000 a season.

IIRC we paid about £500,000 for the first season renting at Priestfield and about the same the next.

If the figures are correct, and assuming the costs surely wouldn't have increased 400%, Gillingham would be the cheaper option.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
jonny.rainbow said:

IIRC we paid about £500,000 for the first season renting at Priestfield and about the same the next.

If the figures are correct, and assuming the costs surely wouldn't have increased 400%, Gillingham would be the cheaper option.

This was a post from Insider over two years ago...

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?threadid=33061&highlight=break

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
jonny.rainbow said:

£2m is the potential loss from gates of 5500 rather than the 9000 capacity at Withdean.

I don't know what the actual loss is with gates of 5500, but that is what you would have to compare with Gillingham.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Uncle C said:
Best post today:clap: :clap: :clap:

But if your all honest so are you in some form

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was thinking about this in the car, on the way home. We can presumably cover the costs of a match at Withdean. I can't remember the actual jargon, as A-Level Economics seems like a lifetime ago.

We have overheads - long term rent of stadium, wages etc. Presumably it doesn't cost a great deal to stage a match. Just that we have Falmer to fund, interest to pay, wages etc. Having said that, we desperately need bumper crowds!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only two of the eight scowling stewards at H Block ever do anything other than stand there scowling at the paying customers. There's an immediate potential saving...

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
Think what a worse mess we would be in if Falmer was a reality.A 22,000 capacity ground with a 12000 crowd required to pay the interest on the loan.
Falmer must be a fantasy now.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
I'm not sure this is such a startling revelation. The Club have been saying this, or certainly heavily hinting at it, for years.

It all boils down to the thing we all know - we absolutely need a new stadium for the club to survive.

Get your postcards off to Ruth.....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
C.Gull said:

Falmer must be a fantasy now.

No it's on the map. That dump around the pond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here