Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I just want to give you a heads up that we're probably going to need to workshop it.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Hi guys, I'm off for some S&M. (thats what all the big wigs say isn't it?)

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
crasher said:
I'm not convinced this thread is fit for purpose.

Let me think about how I can add value then perhaps we can agree an action pad for some joint deliverables.

:lolol:

Brovian said:
Do British people actually USE this type of language? The only example I ever heard was in about 1990 when somebody said "Let's run that up the flagpole and see if the money salutes".

The first time I heard 'touch base' was at bupa whilst being a consultant. I asked her what she meant by it and she told me.

So I said why didn't you say that then?

She didn't smile.

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
"Lets touch Base" what sort of crap is that ? i thought we were having a meeting ,not playing Fuggin Rounders!!

The other classic is "i hear what you are saying " yeah fight you are then why take no notice of it .

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
gts big bruv said:
... The other classic is "i hear what you are saying " yeah fight you are then why take no notice of it .
I use that myself! If I'm in a meeting and I want to be polite and someone says something I violently disagree with, instead of replying "No, you brain-dead tosser that's complete bollocks!" I might say something like "I hear what you're saying", or "I can see why you think that". However I see that as just good old-fashioned lying as opposed to 80s managerspeak.

Dandyman

In London village.
Brovian said:
I use that myself! If I'm in a meeting and I want to be polite and someone says something I violently disagree with, instead of replying "No, you brain-dead tosser that's complete bollocks!" I might say something like "I hear what you're saying", or "I can see why you think that". However I see that as just good old-fashioned lying as opposed to 80s managerspeak.

Have to admit that is one my favourites, as well. It does save having to say "stop talking utter shite" to senior managers.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There was an item on the news yesterday about imported chickens. Only the boss of the company insisted on calling them live poultry products. :nono:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
dougdeep said:
There was an item on the news yesterday about imported chickens. Only the boss of the company insisted on calling them live poultry products. :nono:

Probably because today 'chicken' also means "A young gay male, especially as sought by an older man."

Apparently.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
dougdeep said:

When me bruv was in the RAF he often used to scrounge a lift back to England from Goose Bay on an RAF cargo plane. Only condition was he sat on a box the whole way and was signed in as 'self-loading freight' :lol:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
We do not have problems we have development opportunities

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here