piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Am I stupid or realistic?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Well, if you put in a savings account, you'd get f*** all interest. So, I think a shrewd investment :cool:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
i had to try and quench my excitement

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Those odds will shorten when we get our next world class signings on board.

More like 2/11.:goal:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Realistic.
Why not?

Not at this point in time. I think there are teams that have more realistic prospects at this stage. The price is not great over a minimum of 46 games either! I'm positive a better price will be available. I believe we will thereabouts come the end of the season, not sure on promotion. But everything is crossed. :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not at this point in time. I think there are teams that have more realistic prospects at this stage.
There are teams with more realistic prospects. 7 of them have shorter odds. Given that we're expecting another couple of good signings, 11/2 looks good to me.
The price is not great over a minimum of 46 games either!
What's that number of games got to do with it? 1 in 8 teams gets promoted, and we're being priced at 1 in 6.5, which seems ok to me.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
There are teams with more realistic prospects. 7 of them have shorter odds. Given that we're expecting another couple of good signings, 11/2 looks good to me.

If 11/2 1/2/3 looks good to you then I'm not going to argue. But I'm going to wait until we hit a poor patch this side of Christmas (hopefully not too poor!) and get a better price than that.

Of course everything is a gamble and that price could be a bargain, just not for me. :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course everything is a gamble and that price could be a bargain, just not for me. :)
Not for me either, but OP asked if it was realistic and I think it is. No problem if you don't.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Not wanting to belittle anything that's happened to date, but our big problem last season was creating chances and scoring goals. To date we have signed two defenders and a keeper, and look like losing an amazing attacking midfielder. I don't think it's appropriate (yet) to be splashing the cash on us getting promoted....

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If you got best odds on that, piersa, then that's a value bet. The new signings are exciting, the experience of playing Championship football and what to expect makes 11/2 look a nice wager.

I don't know what's going on at Barnsley but they're 200/1 for the title!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Not wanting to belittle anything that's happened to date, but our big problem last season was creating chances and scoring goals. To date we have signed two defenders and a keeper, and look like losing an amazing attacking midfielder. I don't think it's appropriate (yet) to be splashing the cash on us getting promoted....

Building from the back my friend :). I think we have several good players to come judging from interviews with Gustav and Bridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here