Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I just had £20 on us to be promoted at 11/2

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I hope you get a good run for your money... It will mean we have at least as good a season as the last.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The players signed (all at least aged 30) are giving a firm basis for survival in the division (and no more). Do not forget the loanees of last season and Vicente are no longer with us. Remember the way we finished!! To get promotion we need to beat the big boys. That means compete and win the midfield and score goals against them. That did not happen last year and this squad looks a good way from achieving it next year. OK more new signings are on the way but let us see them first and get them bedded in and playing well.

I would say it is a speculative bet. I would not be surprised at a slow start on our part in which case better value odd will be around. I reckon this is going to be a very open division this year.

Of course I am a bit negative but also more realistic perhaps than some of all the hype around and in the media. Just find me a classy midfield player who is going to play 40 games, create chances, score 8 goals and motivate his teamates. Then I will believe !!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I keep getting you two mixed up. Anyone else?

lol, I had done quite a bit of reading up before signing up and never saw a single Blackadder post, which is weird considering he has nearly 10,000!:facepalm:

He was here way before me so I'm happy to change my username if someone can tell me how to do it.:shrug:

Cheers.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
To be honest, anyone and I mean anyone who thinks Mr Bloom is going to be happy just to be top half this season is off their rocker. The new seats, signing players like Kusack, Bridge, Saltor and more to come. Bloom will want to see a return on his outlay, I would deffo say that finishing outside of the top 6 would be seen as a total faliure.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The players signed (all at least aged 30) are giving a firm basis for survival in the division (and no more). Do not forget the loanees of last season and Vicente are no longer with us. Remember the way we finished!! To get promotion we need to beat the big boys. That means compete and win the midfield and score goals against them. That did not happen last year and this squad looks a good way from achieving it next year. OK more new signings are on the way but let us see them first and get them bedded in and playing well.

I would say it is a speculative bet. I would not be surprised at a slow start on our part in which case better value odd will be around. I reckon this is going to be a very open division this year.

Of course I am a bit negative but also more realistic perhaps than some of all the hype around and in the media. Just find me a classy midfield player who is going to play 40 games, create chances, score 8 goals and motivate his teamates. Then I will believe !!!

Better be quick because the bookies will cut the odds within minutes...I'm on at 18/1 each way for some as it ain't getting bigger & will go in again if a top striker turns up...Gus was too scared to play Lua Lua & Buckley last year, when he did we ran teams like Derby ragged, we now have a solid enough defence to let the tigers go the rampage & devour all before them

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Bit baffled by these odds. I picked up a Corals ante post coupon just the other day. We are 14/1 on that,which didn't excite me tbh,given how tight this division looks like it is going to be this year. It makes me happy just that the bookies see us as good things. But the very same bookie now has us at 18/1. Securing Bridge for the season,in addition to Kuszjak and Salter means we will(should) be harder to beat. If we could just go for it,get the cheque book out and get a decent mf & striker,those odds would be big value. Maybe they're about right for now,but we aren't finished yet buying players. Bloom will want to keep Gus happy,so this could be THE season to go for it? May nip down to Corals later...

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I'm on...

£23 each way @ 18/1 with Corals. So,basically £1 a game,which in ratio of money spent compared to ST,beer & pies is not a lot tbh!

Really don't see the odds going higher pre season. They will drop as we haven't finished buying yet,so 18/1 is more than acceptable.
Potential payout is £563.50 if we actually win the title(PLEEEAAAASSSSSE!!!!) or a return of £126.50 for 2nd or 3rd place.

Clearly this is a very volatile market. Comparing the 2 Coral coupons,there have been moves for Watford(now 28s),Forest(16/1),Blackburn(11/1),while we,Birmingham(22/1)&
Middlesbrough(22/1) have drifted in price,as they balance their books.

I just hope I'm visiting the payout counter next May ツ

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

I agree with you, it is speculative but I think we will be shorter at the start of the season. Two more reasonable signings to come. I anticipate 1x mf and 1 x cf and we are away. That will be a very good championship team on paper and would be very hopeful of top 6.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Bit baffled by these odds. I picked up a Corals ante post coupon just the other day. We are 14/1 on that,which didn't excite me tbh,given how tight this division looks like it is going to be this year. It makes me happy just that the bookies see us as good things. But the very same bookie now has us at 18/1. Securing Bridge for the season,in addition to Kuszjak and Salter means we will(should) be harder to beat. If we could just go for it,get the cheque book out and get a decent mf & striker,those odds would be big value. Maybe they're about right for now,but we aren't finished yet buying players. Bloom will want to keep Gus happy,so this could be THE season to go for it? May nip down to Corals later...

Where can you get 18/1 for promotion? I think those odds may be for winning the league

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
lol, I had done quite a bit of reading up before signing up and never saw a single Blackadder post, which is weird considering he has nearly 10,000!:facepalm:

He was here way before me so I'm happy to change my username if someone can tell me how to do it.:shrug:

Cheers.

Nah you stay as you are mate. I do take postal breaks. There are far more variations of Trigger.

I have changed my avatar.

Good to have another Blackaddder fan here.!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Nah you stay as you are mate. I do take postal breaks. There are far more variations of Trigger.

I have changed my avatar.

Good to have another Blackaddder fan here.!

Thanks very much. :kiss:

Love the new avatar:lolol:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I do think our value at the moment is awesome,i put £20 on us at 16's last week.

That Sir would have been to win the league, would it not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here