Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope Vicente leaves

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
what an odd statement
if you had however said you could wank yourself sober whilst thinking of vicente i would have taken you seriously

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this "fans" opinion convinces me that many people watching football have no idea about the game.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
If we follow the OP's train of thought it should have been Harley coming on rather than Vicente :whistle:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If you are trying to say that Vicente's ability has exposed the frailties of the rest of the team then I agree. He is a class apart. We shouldn't be surprised that the team want to get the ball to him.

The answer is not to pack him off to Spain, but to recruit 2 or 3 that are his equal. I think you were trying to make a point like this yes?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Absolutely spot on OP!

I hate the fact that when he comes on we start scoring goals too. Get rid I say.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think Vicente was almost trying a little too hard yesterday, trying to find that perfect through ball or take on one too many players. So the OP does have a point (sort of) in that we do play differently when Vicente is on the pitch. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think they should start playing me in midfield.

If Vincente is passed to all the time, then playing me should have the opposite effect. The other 10 will have to up their game to avoid having to give the ball to me!

Deary me mate, do you think that Barcelona would be better without that Messi, getting the ball all the time?

Brighton Gull

Apr 14, 2011
Brighton
Vicente is head & shoulders above the rest but that's not to say he doesn't make mistakes. Some of his passing was poor last night but if you compared that with some of the passes of another player (who stood off the action nearly all night, spent most of his time pointing to anyone else, perhaps had one decent pass & who clearly didn't know what to do!) he was brilliant. The team played dreadfully at first - some improvement later. Like CMS, what Vicente needs is players who know what he's there for & hardly anyone kept up with his thinking. If they had, he wouldn't have had to keep looking around for someone to pass the ball to & finding that no-one was around!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
back to Spain, or another team. As soon as he comes on we seem to adopt a mentality that has everyone launching the ball at Vicente, he needs to be dropped for the final 2 games. He is good, but the players are not working properly as a team when he is on the pitch.

:fishing:

Shirley.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If you are trying to say that Vicente's ability has exposed the frailties of the rest of the team then I agree. He is a class apart. We shouldn't be surprised that the team want to get the ball to him.

The answer is not to pack him off to Spain, but to recruit 2 or 3 that are his equal. I think you were trying to make a point like this yes?

Saved me typing that out. :thumbsup:

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Yes the other players do focus on Vicente alot but he can do the things they can't, when you play , in any team game, where 1 player is at a higher level than the rest this usually happens. The task now is to bring the rest up nearer his standard and show the younger ones the level needed to reach the top by play them with him. We need him to stay next season and add 2 or 3 more of a higher mark to really bring on the likes of JFC.

I'm not complaining about Vicente, it's just whenever we play him the team stops acting as a team, all they try to do is get it to Vicente and I feel this method of thinking is costing us games, hence why we play better if he actually isn't in the team. He is a fantastic player, don't get me wrong but he should not be in the championship. He needs to be with players more his level. It's like when you used to play football at school and just hoofed it to the best player on the pitch to see what they can do with it.

I can see 99% of people disagree with Aseros but I am 100% in agreement with him in terms of his comments above and was saying exactly the same thing last night. As soon as he came on the momentum we were building with threats down both sides disappeared and it was a case of 'get it to Vicente' who to be fair didn't have a great game. Obviously he's a great player but I agree his presence disrupts the team playing as a team but clearly Poyet feels otherwise and so do most on here - hey ho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here