Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope Vicente leaves

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
back to Spain, or another team. As soon as he comes on we seem to adopt a mentality that has everyone launching the ball at Vicente, he needs to be dropped for the final 2 games. He is good, but the players are not working properly as a team when he is on the pitch.

I said a similar thing last night, not that I want Vicente to leave (or f*** off), but that the rest of the team need to take more attacking responsibility when Vicente is on the pitch. If the opposition know that almost every attack will come through Vicente they can try to do something about it (although often they fail). However if Vicente is just one of a few options for launching attacks then if the opposition heavily mark Vicente it will be easier for the other players and if the opposition don't heavily mark Vicente, due to the threat from elsewhere, then it will be easier for Vicente and he can cause even more damage than he currently does. Also if Vicente isn't the launchpad for almost every attack then he might be more effective for the whole 90 minutes, as currently he does seem to tire towards the end of the games that he starts, e.g. away at Burnley.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He changed the game when he came on and we started to look like a football team. Yes lets f...k him off back to Spain and we can go back to Div 1 or possible even 2 if we try.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!! bloody hell i cant stop laughing hee hee hee hee posted by a loon !!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I agree, we pass to him way too often and today he lost the ball way too often in my opinion. Then again because it wasn't Dicker nobody took a blind bit of notice about that.

Yeah, why would you want to pass to the best player in the league?

Seriously, as some others have said we need more players approaching his ability. That is the problem, not Vicente.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I agree, we pass to him way too often and today he lost the ball way too often in my opinion. Then again because it wasn't Dicker nobody took a blind bit of notice about that.

Of course, as Vicente can still bring something to the game, and has shown that he can turn games on his own. Dicker was diabolical and can't. One was trying too hard, one doesn't have the requisite talent to play in this league.

I do think the op has a point. We do seek out Vicente far too much when he's on the pitch at times. He shouldn't leave or anything similar, we just need to ensure we can play roughly the same system with or without him.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Yeah we give the ball to the BEST player on our team way too much.....

MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE HE'S AVAILABLE TO PASS TO A LOT MORE THAN THE OTHERS BECAUSE;
(A) HE LOOKS FOR THE BALL
(B) HE'S JUST BETTER

This is up there as the stupidest thread of all time and some of the comments are moronic (brightonlass2009, the OP etc)

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Yeah, why would you want to pass to the best player in the league?

Seriously, as some others have said we need more players approaching his ability. That is the problem, not Vicente.

We've slagged off Southampton all season because they have a one man team, and now we're becoming exactly the same? I agree he is the best player in the league. But yesterday he lost the ball way too often for my liking. Also have you noticed when he does lose the ball he doesn't make any attempt to get it back? Or tackle to even get the ball? You can't adapt a team to one player, you have to adapt that player to the team.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Of course, as Vicente can still bring something to the game, and has shown that he can turn games on his own. Dicker was diabolical and can't. One was trying too hard, one doesn't have the requisite talent to play in this league.

I do think the op has a point. We do seek out Vicente far too much when he's on the pitch at times. He shouldn't leave or anything similar, we just need to ensure we can play roughly the same system with or without him.

I never said he should leave. And to be fair on Dicker he has just come back from a serious leg break, and there is no way he should have played 4 consecutive 90 minutes game. Gus should have introduced him slowly and given him time to get back in rather than throwing him in at the deep end.

Exactly. We should be able to play the same system, we shouldn't be changing the system for one player, which seems to be the case right now.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Yeah we give the ball to the BEST player on our team way too much.....

MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE HE'S AVAILABLE TO PASS TO A LOT MORE THAN THE OTHERS BECAUSE;
(A) HE LOOKS FOR THE BALL
(B) HE'S JUST BETTER

This is up there as the stupidest thread of all time and some of the comments are moronic (brightonlass2009, the OP etc)

It's all about opinions. And we're in the opinion he gets passed the ball way too often. Also actually focus on his game rather than his 'flair'. Yesterday he lost the ball way too much, he didn't make any attempt to get it back and I don't think I've ever seen him tackle.

Saying that I don't agree he should leave.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
We've slagged off Southampton all season because they have a one man team, and now we're becoming exactly the same? I agree he is the best player in the league. But yesterday he lost the ball way too often for my liking. Also have you noticed when he does lose the ball he doesn't make any attempt to get it back? Or tackle to even get the ball? You can't adapt a team to one player, you have to adapt that player to the team.

I wasn't there last night so can't really comment on that game, though apparently it was him who created the equaliser. In general though one thing I have been pleasantly surprised about with him is that he DOES go into tackles and DOES try and win the ball back. I wasn't expecting that from him - but take Leicester at home for example. Having already created the only goal, it was him who robbed a Leicester player and ran half the length of the pitch with the ball, eventually being brought down just outside the box, which resulted in their second red card.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
It's all about opinions. And we're in the opinion he gets passed the ball way too often. Also actually focus on his game rather than his 'flair'. Yesterday he lost the ball way too much, he didn't make any attempt to get it back and I don't think I've ever seen him tackle.

Saying that I don't agree he should leave.

Do you have ANY understanding of possession football?

If you did, you would realise that he gets the ball a lot because he makes sure that the player with the ball can pass to him. Many of our other players do not do this.

As for him losing the ball a lot, he got caught twice and any other time was while he was trying to make stuff happen, plus it wasn't in a dangerous area. Yes he makes mistakes, but they are far outwieghed by what he contributes.

Yeah I'll focus on his game, mainly the bit where he CHANGED the game which started when he was brought onto the pitch.

FFS

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Do you have ANY understanding of possession football?

If you did, you would realise that he gets the ball a lot because he makes sure that the player with the ball can pass to him. Many of our other players do not do this.

As for him losing the ball a lot, he got caught twice and any other time was while he was trying to make stuff happen, plus it wasn't in a dangerous area. Yes he makes mistakes, but they are far outwieghed by what he contributes.

Yeah I'll focus on his game, mainly the bit where he CHANGED the game which started when he was brought onto the pitch.

FFS

Don't ask whether I understand possession football because I have a different opinion to you.

We're getting found out way too much now. Every team is looking at us thinking 'ah they pass to Vicente let's go after him.' They can see HE is out danger man. We need to change our style of play, still pass to him but not pass to him as often. Otherwise we are more in danger of becoming a one man team than Southampton.

FFS!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Don't ask whether I understand possession football because I have a different opinion to you.

We're getting found out way too much now. Every team is looking at us thinking 'ah they pass to Vicente let's go after him.' They can see HE is out danger man. We need to change our style of play, still pass to him but not pass to him as often. Otherwise we are more in danger of becoming a one man team than Southampton.

FFS!

"If you did, you would realise that he gets the ball a lot because he makes sure that the player with the ball can pass to him. Many of our other players do not do this."

I've highlighted the bit in my previous post that is important. Try reading it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

FFS!

sorry i have read that six times and it's still bollocks of the highest order..............sure lets get rid of vince,probably the highest calibre player to grace our pitch since .....well,you tell me(ever),i think we should keep hold of him and compliment/bolster the current squad with better players.....obviously a midfield clear out is needed ,(+3)......we need a killer goal scorer,(+1)..........and two fullbacks ,possibly mattock plus another for back up..........this season started with a bang , turned into a whimper ,banged again and then turned into a whimper to finish..............should look at the teams going up for cast offs tbh, could be a bargain or two about.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
back to Spain, or another team. As soon as he comes on we seem to adopt a mentality that has everyone launching the ball at Vicente, he needs to be dropped for the final 2 games. He is good, but the players are not working properly as a team when he is on the pitch.

If I had the choice, Vicente or you. I'd pick Vicente. FTR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here