Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope Vicente leaves

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
And people on here wonder why Poyet gets royally pissed-off with some of the SLICES that come along to our home games. :wozza:

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Don't ask whether I understand possession football because I have a different opinion to you.

We're getting found out way too much now. Every team is looking at us thinking 'ah they pass to Vicente let's go after him.' They can see HE is out danger man. We need to change our style of play, still pass to him but not pass to him as often. Otherwise we are more in danger of becoming a one man team than Southampton.

FFS!

Were you born in 2009? Cos you are rambling on like a 3yr old, talking utter tripe! How often should we pass to him, every 7 minutes, when he has no-one within 4 yards of him??? I've heard it all now.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm not complaining about Vicente, it's just whenever we play him the team stops acting as a team, all they try to do is get it to Vicente and I feel this method of thinking is costing us games, hence why we play better if he actually isn't in the team. He is a fantastic player, don't get me wrong but he should not be in the championship. He needs to be with players more his level. It's like when you used to play football at school and just hoofed it to the best player on the pitch to see what they can do with it.

You have got to be kidding. Were you there last night? Did you see the first half performance? That's how well we played before he waltzed onto the pitch.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
You have got to be kidding. Were you there last night? Did you see the first half performance? That's how well we played before he waltzed onto the pitch.

If you look at the stats, we have obtained many more points with Vicente out of the side rather than in it.

I can see exactly where the OP is coming from. We do play less as a team with Vicente in the side, always looking for him, like he is our only option. But I don't agree that he should leave. I think we just need to work more on working as a team with him in the side.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
back to Spain, or another team. As soon as he comes on we seem to adopt a mentality that has everyone launching the ball at Vicente, he needs to be dropped for the final 2 games. He is good, but the players are not working properly as a team when he is on the pitch.

Never say anything again for the rest of your life.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
If you look at the stats, we have obtained many more points with Vicente out of the side rather than in it.

I can see exactly where the OP is coming from. We do play less as a team with Vicente in the side, always looking for him, like he is our only option. But I don't agree that he should leave. I think we just need to work more on working as a team with him in the side.

That's obvious, he hasn't been fit to play all season, if we had Vicente for the entire season, we would be in the top.3 for sure.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The reason everything goes through Vicente, and why the rest of our team are looking to get the ball to him is because he wants the ball all the time.
Great players are comfortable on the the ball and run around trying to get it, eg Messi.
Most of our team dont want to have to control of the ball, they are not comfortable or skilfull with the ball enough, so they look to unload it straight away and the only person in midfield that actually wants it is Vicente.
Until we have players that are skilful and confident to have the ball, everything will go through him.

GullysGirlsPimp

Aug 24, 2011
Sussex- By-The-Sea
back to Spain, or another team. As soon as he comes on we seem to adopt a mentality that has everyone launching the ball at Vicente, he needs to be dropped for the final 2 games. He is good, but the players are not working properly as a team when he is on the pitch.

Are you deluded? Vicente is by far and away our best player, and the best player in the championship, if we lose him it will be a huge loss!

BHA123456

Apr 12, 2012
You need to visit your local hospital! All vicente done when he came on was showed us how much we need him. You're absolutely crazy my friend.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Vicente wouldn't look out of place in a Premier League side , probably the reason why he gets the ball so often.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'm not complaining about Vicente, it's just whenever we play him the team stops acting as a team, all they try to do is get it to Vicente and I feel this method of thinking is costing us games, hence why we play better if he actually isn't in the team. He is a fantastic player, don't get me wrong but he should not be in the championship. He needs to be with players more his level. It's like when you used to play football at school and just hoofed it to the best player on the pitch to see what they can do with it.

Yeah you've nailed it!

I reckon They will drop Messi tonight for the same reason becasue everytime they give him the ball hes f***ing amazing. Why would you want to give the ball to your best player, its f***ing nonsense. I agree, every club should drop their best players so that this kind of thing doesnt happen anymore.

Good post.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
We've slagged off Southampton all season because they have a one man team, and now we're becoming exactly the same? I agree he is the best player in the league. But yesterday he lost the ball way too often for my liking. Also have you noticed when he does lose the ball he doesn't make any attempt to get it back? Or tackle to even get the ball? You can't adapt a team to one player, you have to adapt that player to the team.

But theyre getting promoted. So perhaps they might be doing something right by passing to their best player and letting him score lots of goals.

These are without doubt the dumbest posts ive ever read on NSC. Somebody recapture the poster quickly!!

Cronolegs

Nov 19, 2011
Trust in Gus, he has masterminded this club to a top half finish. He knows what he is doing, Brighton FC is now back where it belongs in the elite. If he wants Vicente to stay or go then it is completely up to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here