Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have decided that I may buy a Burgess Hill season ticket

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
A van der Meyde said:
Some fan.

If I had the money (and freedom) I would go to as many games as possible to support the club I love. Just to be there to lift the team makes me proud.

Unfortunely I cannot go to every game, I wish I could but I have actaully put this club first ahead of other things I shouldn't have done.

I can't believe your complaining about the view at Withdean when you know the club have limited resources.

I guess this is what you are talking about, right?

:albion: Mirror your words matey................we must however catch the floating fan who loves football first and not loyal to any one team.......................which usually means entertainement, value for money and comfort........all of which is sadly missing at the Withers lately, I like you could not support another team though...............:bowdown:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Woodchip said:
Pointless thread.

;)

No way. I gave up on Withdean a couple of years ago as did many, many others. Next year with still no Falmer on the horizon, crowds will be seriously disappointing regardless of whether we stay up or go down. I can see a few games around the 4500 mark.

I go and watch a few local games now if I feel like it. If Hastings are at home it costs 6 quid and you can watch the game, standing up, from the balcony outside the bar with a pint in your hand. I can leave home at 2.30 and be home by 5.30. At Withdean the whole day has gone along with about 60 quid.

It's a very serious problem which the club are doing little about besides saying it'll all be alright when Falmer's built. Thousands of fans are unlike most on here and couldn't give a toss about planning delays, etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
FalmerforAll!** said:
I have decided this because unlike the Albion,they are charging me just £26 for a relatively good view.I dunno whether I will or not but I could go to Fulham for the same charge that the Albion are doing!

Have they agreed to come and see you if you are bad in a reciprocal arragement.

FalmerforAll!** said:
I have decided this because unlike the Albion,they are charging me just £26 for a relatively good view.I dunno whether I will or not but I could go to Fulham for the same charge that the Albion are doing!

f*** off then and don't bother coming back for Falmer you unloyal xxxx of the highest order.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Re: Re: I have decided that I may buy a Burgess Hill season ticket

Happy Seagull said:
f*** off then and don't bother coming back for Falmer you unloyal xxxx of the highest order.

Nice one. Then in a few years time, you can be sitting at Withdean with the other 2000 'loyal' fans saying 'I'm glad all those people who thought they might go and watch a bit of football elsewhere aren't here any more' while the Albion slowly slip down the toilet.

It's a very serious problem, and not one thats going to be solved by stamping your feet and saying f*** off then.

I don't want fans who think they're better off watching another team based on the view.

They can all f*** off for all i care. You're either Brighton or you're not.

Fair enough if you don't like Withdean then goto away games, but if you turn your back on the Albion due to something so trivial, then you're a twat.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Re: Re: Re: I have decided that I may buy a Burgess Hill season ticket

Timbo said:
Nice one. Then in a few years time, you can be sitting at Withdean with the other 2000 'loyal' fans saying 'I'm glad all those people who thought they might go and watch a bit of football elsewhere aren't here any more' while the Albion slowly slip down the toilet.

It's a very serious problem, and not one thats going to be solved by stamping your feet and saying f*** off then.

Surely fans not renewing there ST's are saying "f*** Off" to the Albion :)bowdown: ) as we can't provide them with the hospitality of Man Utd for the price of Lewes.

I for one will see through the years at Withdean so I'm at the front of the queue for a ST at Falmer (in the Harve's stand would be nice).

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Timbo said:

But if he's considering defecting to another team then chances are he won't be there anyway.

Last edited:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
FalmerforAll!** said:
Firstly,you say some fan and yet you don't have a season ticket nor have you had one for five years in the same seat.

In Mr Van Der Meydes defence, not everone can have a season ticket for various reasons, i myself would love to have a season ticket, but due to my work committments i cant, in Mr Van Der Meydes case it's probably because he is so young and cant afford it.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Is the point of this thread to influence others to cease buying season tickets, or just for you to create another thread broadcasting your digust at the prices?

If it is the latter, then give it a rest, everyone now knows about the chang of seats etc...

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Re: Re: I have decided that I may buy a Burgess Hill season ticket

Happy Seagull said:

You absolute twat.

How the f*** will they fill Falmer if they've pissed people off in their droves by the time it's built?

It's a problem that's getting bigger and it needs sorting out now.

Unfortunately a lot of fans are being alienated with the family stand change so it's not a very good start.

And you telling people to f*** off is frankly pathetic. You are obviously a better fan than him :rolleyes:

gerbil said:
You absolute twat.

How the f*** will they fill Falmer if they've pissed people off in their droves by the time it's built?

It's a problem that's getting bigger and it needs sorting out now.

Unfortunately a lot of fans are being alienated with the family stand change so it's not a very good start.

And you telling people to f*** off is frankly pathetic. You are obviously a better fan than him :rolleyes:

So i'm a twat for thinking it's wrong to turn your back on the Albion? :nono:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
My dads season ticket at BHTFC is about £100 and is a laminated bit of card.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Re: Re: Re: Re: I have decided that I may buy a Burgess Hill season ticket

Happy Seagull said:
So i'm a twat for thinking it's wrong to turn your back on the Albion? :nono:

In a word,yes.

How exactly will DK get his magical 12000 break even crowds if people don't want to go anymore because they've been pissed off.

It'll seem a complete waste of time getting a new ground if there's nobody in it.

I'm not renewing our season tickets.Does this mean me and my 11 year old son are twats as well?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Happy Seagull said:
Well if i understand correctly, you and your son have been asked to move seats? That is different to saying you're thinking of going to support another team.

Falmer for all (aka matt) isnt on at the moment but he has decided not to renew because he doesnt want to sit in the old away stand and has just decided now that he is going to watch Burgess Hill on a more regular basis than he usually does. We usually go down there when there is a weekend free anyway and he just fancies a year watching them a bit more regularly and saving some money, fair play to him I say.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Happy Seagull said:
Well if i understand correctly, you and your son have been asked to move seats? That is different to saying you're thinking of going to support another team.

Who's to say he won't want to go to see another team?
This club will lose young fans like him in big numbers.
I'm afraid the days of thinking that if 1 person doesn't renew someone else will are long gone. I would be surprised to see more than 5500 there for most of next season especially if/when we go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here