Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Hate Man Utd Because.....(Part 1 Of A Series)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sure they have plenty of Noddy fans but so do Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and every other successful club. I can also recall Arsene Wenger being every bit as bad as Fergie when it comes to being a bad loser, or John Terry rivalling Gary Neville in the tosser stakes.

The title of the thread suggested to me there is going to be other threads such as "I hate Liverpool because..." and that these complaints would carry over to those threads.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fans resent success of which MUFC has been the leading light in last 10 years or so

Eggzactly. 99.9% of Utd haters have no real or rational idea of why they hate Man Utd and it's all a bit sad really, but hey-ho, let's hate Man Utd shall we? And before anyone uses the non-Manchester born/bred supporter argument, Man Utd as a football club don't dictate that plastic supporters in Sussex or elsewhere wear their replica shirts.

Thanks for proving my point...

-The arrogance of their supporters who dismiss people who have genuine gripes with Man Utd as simply being jealous or following the crowd and hating just because it's trendy.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I have no problem with them really, Same with the glory hunting fans. When they win title after title without ever seeing there Team live it really must feel hollow.

The one thing I do have an issue with is there amount of debt, But it would be unfair just to hate Utd because of that.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Who are the ' deserving ' rich then ? , i know manchester well too, and met just as many city as utd on my visits up there, this was mainly before utd were as succesful as they are now, maybe they have attracted ' new ' fans from within manchester ?

I have no problem with riches, deserved or undeserved, but some people I know in Stockport have - Man City are suddenly the richest club in football, any success that comes from that is seen as "undeserved" by pithy norvern types.

The "new fans" are divs from Stockport and the surrounding area who suddenly appeared in pubs decked out in Mancini scarves whenever Citeh were on the telly. Some of them used to go to Edgeley, but after their recent troubles they slunk off only to return as City fans.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
At my mates firm the staff were told they could put World cup nations Flags up by their machines.

So when a few St Georges went up the Manure glory hunter stuck up a Red devils flag.

And they wonder why people hate them?

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Out of date but hey ho.......not a million miles apart are they?

No. of season ticket holders 2001

Man City... 16 481
Man Utd... 27 667

No. of S.T.H in "M" Postcode

Man City... 6 678 40%
Man Utd... 7 808 29%

No. of S.T.H in North West

Man City... 12 864 78% of STH
Man Utd... 19 788 72% of STH

I wonder how this compares with other clubs?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Out of date but hey ho.......not a million miles apart are they?

No. of season ticket holders 2001

Man City... 16 481
Man Utd... 27 667

No. of S.T.H in "M" Postcode

Man City... 6 678 40%
Man Utd... 7 808 29%

No. of S.T.H in North West

Man City... 12 864 78% of STH
Man Utd... 19 788 72% of STH

I wonder how this compares with other clubs?

Interesting how did you find this?

(I have a respectful hatred towards Man United simply down to the fact my father and all his family are from Liverpool, so it sort of comes naturally).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here