Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Hate Man Utd Because.....(Part 1 Of A Series)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have met many people from Manchester, mostly on holiday. Many of them support City (who I would probably support if I was a Manc) but a lot of them support United. It's a myth that people from Manchester don't support United. They do.

I don't particularly like United but I have to say, I can't stand Liverpool!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
the fans are hypocrites, slagging off Chelsea for throwing their money around and poking fun at liverpool for being owned by Americans :glare:

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
..Because of Gary Neville, Alex Ferguson, and the twats in pubs, college etc etc who claim to be United fans despite never having been to Manchester, or north of London as a fact.

This.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The team that graces us with some of the finest football anywhere in he world, with a truely huge fanbase. Me, I love watching United on the telly, they are mostly stunning to watch. I have a colleague who lives in Manchester, oddly he is a Liverpool fan, but all his mates are staunch United fans, several of them STHs, he knows a couple of City fans too, but most ard red. They might have some 'plastic' fans, whatever that means, but they are no less supportive of their team, filling that stunning stadium week after week.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
The fact they sing "we hate scousers" when if it wasn't for a scouser they would be mediocre

wodge

Nov 15, 2009
The fact they sing "we hate scousers" when if it wasn't for a scouser they would be mediocre

They ain't gonna change their rivals, regardless of who is on the pitch.

As others have said, it's a total myth that no-one in Manchester supports United.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Their fans who haven't been more northern than London, let alone Manchester.

Fergie complaining about too much stoppage time if they are winning, and not enough when they're losing, and scoring half their seasons' goals in the last 5 mins!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have no real feelings either way: most of the animosity towards them stems from jealousy. The whole Manchester thing is a myth: the reason you don't meet many of their Manc fans is because we're 200 odd miles from Manchester. In reality, of 70,000 fans every week, there are going to be a fair few more there from Manchester than there are from Brighton in our average home crowd. Sure they have plenty of Noddy fans but so do Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and every other successful club. I can also recall Arsene Wenger being every bit as bad as Fergie when it comes to being a bad loser, or John Terry rivalling Gary Neville in the tosser stakes.

Banging on about hating Man United is frankly a bit lame and makes us look small time, because you can bet your bottom dollar they don't give a shit about us. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of theirs, but to go on about them like this is all a bit too easy isn't it, a bit of bandwagon jumping?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I hate Man Utd because...

They are one of the most successful sides ever...both on and off the pitch
They can play some of the best football you'll ever see.
They never give up until the final whistle.
They are hungry to win every game
They have probably brought through the greatest set of youngsters this country has ever seen

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was never of a fan of United but I really started loathing them with an intensity in 1999 when they refused to play in the FA Cup to play in some sort of tinpot, but highly lucrative tournament. When faced with an outcry, the club compounded the insult with some bollocks about serving the needs of England (obviously a prime concern of Alex Ferguson).

The arrogance of the team and their lack of respect for tradition and English football has condemned them for ever in my eyes.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I hate Man Utd because...

They are one of the most successful sides ever...both on and off the pitch
They can play some of the best football you'll ever see.
They never give up until the final whistle.
They are hungry to win every game
They have probably brought through the greatest set of youngsters this country has ever seen

Eggzactly. 99.9% of Utd haters have no real or rational idea of why they hate Man Utd and it's all a bit sad really, but hey-ho, let's hate Man Utd shall we? And before anyone uses the non-Manchester born/bred supporter argument, Man Utd as a football club don't dictate that plastic supporters in Sussex or elsewhere wear their replica shirts.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Eggzactly. 99.9% of Utd haters have no real or rational idea of why they hate Man Utd and it's all a bit sad really, but hey-ho, let's hate Man Utd shall we?

That's just bollocks. At least four people on this thread have put forward very real and valid reasons for disliking the club, clearly nothing irrational about it.

And as a counterblast to the idea that Mancs don't support Utd. I know someone Manchester-born and raised, supported Utd for 40 years and about 10 years ago had enough of the club, its growing pursuit of money, its lack of interest in football tradition and the well-being of its fans. He now supports Macclesfield, enjoys it thoroughly, and has no regrets for abandoning Utd. He doesn't hate Man U now but he's saddened by what they've become.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
oldham and Bury arent in manchester per se ,thy are in greater manchester, its like saying southwick is part of brighton.

Ask any Stockport or Oldham fan who they hate more - United or City - most will say City. Two reasons -

City's bully boy firm like to twat the smaller Manc neighbours' fans
City are the Chelsea of the north - undeserving rich with thousands of "new" fans since the big sponds came rolling in. The Stocky boys I know have grudging respect for United and their Manc fans, but despise everything about Citeh.

Man City are the proper plastic club up there, and I will say that even though I think Alex Ferguson and his team are utter shitbirds.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
City are the Chelsea of the north - undeserving rich with thousands of "new" fans since the big sponds came rolling in. The Stocky boys I know have grudging respect for United and their Manc fans, but despise everything about Citeh.

Man City are the proper plastic club up there, and I will say that even though I think Alex Ferguson and his team are utter shitbirds.
Who are the ' deserving ' rich then ? , i know manchester well too, and met just as many city as utd on my visits up there, this was mainly before utd were as succesful as they are now, maybe they have attracted ' new ' fans from within manchester ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here