Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Hate Man Utd Because.....(Part 1 Of A Series)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
-Many of their players have faces that you just have to hate; Neville, Carrick, Vidic to name the first three that spring to mind
-Carrick has the addition of being so arrogant and ignorant at the same time - he did an interview couple of seasons back where he claimed Man Utd were going to end Chelsea's dominance in the premier league. Yes, that's right, a player for the team who had, at that point, something like 11 out of 15 premier league titles were going to end Chelsea's dominance.
-The way they play the victim - the media are against them (despite the claims of man utd bias at sky), the referees are against them (despite that oft-quoted fact of 80% of decisions going their way at old trafford), the FA are against them (despite having one of their men in position of power at the FA)
-The way the bad they do is downplayed ("it's a typical scholes challenge") and the good they do is hyped beyond reason (such as spending the entire half time period discussing Ronaldo's behind the leg cross, having not devoted similar time in the past when Kewell did it for leeds (I think), and Kewell's led to a goal)
-General hypocrisy (criticising teams for surrounding the ref, while doing it themselves, criticising teams for buying success while three of their team were bought for upwards of 30m, etc.)
-The arrogance of their supporters who dismiss people who have genuine gripes with Man Utd as simply being jealous or following the crowd and hating jut because it's trendy.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
-Many of their players have faces that you just have to hate; Neville, Carrick, Vidic to name the first three that spring to mind
-Carrick has the addition of being so arrogant and ignorant at the same time - he did an interview couple of seasons back where he claimed Man Utd were going to end Chelsea's dominance in the premier league. Yes, that's right, a player for the team who had, at that point, something like 11 out of 15 premier league titles were going to end Chelsea's dominance.
-The way they play the victim - the media are against them (despite the claims of man utd bias at sky), the referees are against them (despite that oft-quoted fact of 80% of decisions going their way at old trafford), the FA are against them (despite having one of their men in position of power at the FA)
-The way the bad they do is downplayed ("it's a typical scholes challenge") and the good they do is hyped beyond reason (such as spending the entire half time period discussing Ronaldo's behind the leg cross, having not devoted similar time in the past when Kewell did it for leeds (I think), and Kewell's led to a goal)
-General hypocrisy (criticising teams for surrounding the ref, while doing it themselves, criticising teams for buying success while three of their team were bought for upwards of 30m, etc.)
-The arrogance of their supporters who dismiss people who have genuine gripes with Man Utd as simply being jealous or following the crowd and hating jut because it's trendy.

All this + Terry The Twat Christian and The Fergie Mafia stuff (Hippo Allardyce, Harry £8 note Redknapp and co).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fans resent success of which MUFC has been the leading light in last 10 years or so

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I personally know 3 mancs who are regulars at OT. One has been going to Old Trafford, all over England and abroad since 1974 - he's from Salford.

He tells me the majority of Mancunians are reds, it's not their fault they have been so popular that tossers like the Cockney Reds and half of Asia support them. United are so big that their hometwon hardcore get overlooked, but believe me they are there and just as passionate about their team as anyone.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Their fans are gloryhunting wankers who change clubs when they are losing.

Some of them now go every week to support Norwich City

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
fac_off_central_station_design_retrospective_shaun_and_bez_480.jpg

Two Manc scallies who happen to be red

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'm not saying they don't exist and if I'm honest I'd have no problem with them if I did meet them BUT personally I've never met a Manchester United fan who had ANY connection whatsoever to Manchester and this is why I'm never gonna like them.

At the end of the day how many Brighton fans do you know who don't live in, come from or have family from Sussex?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i hate man u,but i have to say,i know 10/12 lads that live in lancing area,that go to all games,home/away and abroad,and i mean all games.That is some acheivement imo.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Proper fans resent the glory hunting cockneys that claim to support United when they have no links to the club or the city, and have never been to Old Trafford.

Many fans have no links at all, the reason MUFC has so many fans was born out of a tragic plane crash.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't mind Manchester United.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
I have been to old trafford more times (twice to watch England) than all of my United "supporting" mates who have "always supported" them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I hate Man Utd because it's a trendy, in thing to do and I'm a sheep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here