Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I got into a punch up tonight

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mmmmm thats a lot of plastic fans then! So what do we call all those so called fans who went to the play off final but never go to Withdean? Are they plastic fans as well?

What else would you call them, apart from glory hunters?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Even if the only reason they "support" that club is because they're one of the biggest and best in the country ? Because I don't think thats what supporting a football club is all about. At all.

I have a great deal of respect for fans of lower-league clubs, and they are INFINITELY more interesting to chat with and to banter with than a plastic. I work with a Brentford season ticket holder, and we usually go for a pint on Friday lunchtime, along with a plastic Spurs and a plastic Newcastle. With the Brentford guy, the conversation is invariably about our respective teams, past games, away trips, terrible players etc etc, we can jaw on for hours. When it comes to the plastics though, once you've talked about whats been in the papers or on Sky, the conversations dead. They barely even know who they're playing at the weekend half the time.

Plastics are just brainwashed dullards.

I Totally agree! everyone in the office takes the piss out of brighton for being "crap" i was speaking to a man u fan at work and after the blackburn game were tevez scored for them i said they were slightly lucky his responce was yeah but we stuff your lot coz your shit! :shootself no shit was my responce! theres a lad who supports forest and i love talking to him about football great laugh loves the lower leagues and understands it not all about the prem!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
:bowdown:
Buzzer
Legend

I love ripping the piss out of plastics, they soon back down.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
f*** me. The Font and Firkin was chocka full of plastic mancs. Admittedly drnk and chang can make a Brighton fan quite perky and I gave a few renditions of "I support my local club" but I left with a few Chelski mates after the game and then realised I'd left my jacket in the pub.

I went back to get it and some plastic manc **** was sitting on it. I asked (politely) for it. He hugged me. and shouted in my ear "We Won!!!!

I said I don't support the f***ing Manure and neither did he as he was clearly some Guildford born glory seeking tosser who cared enough to buy the top but not actually go to the games. The sod took a swing at me so for one of the rare times in my adult life I had a pop back. And got kicked out the pub.

I f***ing hate plastic mancs. Really, really hate them.

I actually agree with you. I was in town yesterday day and there were a few people walking around with their Man U and Chelsea shirts on. They feel completely supieror because they wear these shirts, and like you said don't even care enough to go to a game, just like to swan wearing them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was in town yesterday day and there were a few people walking around with their Man U and Chelsea shirts on. They feel completely supieror because they wear these shirts

What you've said there, for me, is EXACTLY what makes the plastics so utterly nauseating. They actually feel superior because they support a big succesful club, when the fact of the matter is that they are totally inferior, and only genuine football supporters are capable of understanding this.

Its a snobbish point of view I know. But I look down on them and (to an extent) pity them, because they'll never feel the true emotion there is when you actually support a football club. They'll never exerience genuine elation or heartbreaking disappointment while they follow their adopted teams vias Sky TV. Sure they'll bathe in the reflected glory like last night, but its completely diluted by the fact that they have no emotional investment in that club whatsoever.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Just a thought...

Why get so angry about who other people support?

They don't care about you, why bother about them?

They are entitled to make their choice just as you are.

Why not just enjoy supporting the Albion and forget the others?

I have loved supporting the Albion for 50 years and simply couldn't care less about supporters of other teams regardless of whether they are 'plastic' or not. Why should I hate them? They have no affect on my support of the Albion.

I find all this ranting very childish, boring and above all totally pointless.

Support the Albion and forget anyone else!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I Totally agree! everyone in the office takes the piss out of brighton for being "crap" i was speaking to a man u fan at work and after the blackburn game were tevez scored for them i said they were slightly lucky his responce was yeah but we stuff your lot coz your shit! :shootself no shit was my responce! theres a lad who supports forest and i love talking to him about football great laugh loves the lower leagues and understands it not all about the prem!

One of the guys I drink with at work is a manu fan. We have discussions about football all the time. He comes from Barnet. He is a STH, and goes each week and most of the away games if he can get a ticket. He has supported them all his life.

A bloke sits next to him is a Rochdale fan. A more arrogant twat you would be difficult to find. All football apart from Rochdale is shite, we are all arse bandits and gay at Brighton and he argues vehemently that women should not be allowed at football - trouble is he is serious.

So it is very easy to generalise about fans

Oh by the way, our Rochadle fans recon Brighton fans have the biggest chips on their shoulders and think that the world of football owes them because we went bust and should have been kicked out the league seemly!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
nail on the head, it defies logic in here, we have people condoning violence, wheras if it was a hooligan thread we would get people calling for them to bring back capital punishment etc, etc.

Nobody's condoning violence. We're saying it's good that he had the bottle to tell the 'Man u supporter' when he told him 'we'd' won.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just a thought...

I have loved supporting the Albion for 50 years and simply couldn't care less about supporters of other teams regardless of whether they are 'plastic' or not. Why should I hate them? They have no affect on my support of the Albion.

SPOT ON........but not according to a lot of people on here

One of the guys I drink with at work is a manu fan. We have discussions about football all the time. He comes from Barnet. He is a STH, and goes each week and most of the away games if he can get a ticket. He has supported them all his life.

A bloke sits next to him is a Rochdale fan. A more arrogant twat you would be difficult to find. All football apart from Rochdale is shite, we are all arse bandits and gay at Brighton and he argues vehemently that women should not be allowed at football - trouble is he is serious.

So it is very easy to generalise about fans

Oh by the way, our Rochadle fans recon Brighton fans have the biggest chips on their shoulders and think that the world of football owes them because we went bust and should have been kicked out the league seemly!

DO YOU EVER TELL HIM, THAT MOST GAYS IN BRIGHTON ARE NORTHERNERS, WHO LEFT THEIR GOD FORSAKEN, BACKWARD THINKING S***HOLES FOR A QUALITY LIFE.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This week we are in the middle of final exams and this morning one of the lecturers (from South London) walked in to proctor an exam wearing an Manure shirt. Apart fromt he fact that it is utterly unprofessional, he freely admits he's not that interested in football (except Manure apparently) and has never seen a live football match.

He thinks it funny that I'm talking about listening to Brighton live on my computer every Saturday :rolleyes:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
United started with 6 Englishmen, Chelsea with 4. Not perfect, but compared with many other clubs, not bad.

Howver unpalatable it is, it's a fact of football life. Look down the divisions. Don't forget Kuipers, Racon and Martot and don't rule out other foreigners coming to the club. If they get us promoted we won't be complaining will we?

Martot get us promoted?? Be serious

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I have no problem whatsoever with that. He is clearly not a plastic.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Martot get us promoted?? Be serious

Sorry, I didn't put that very well!

I didn't mean that those three players in particular! I was just pointing out that even Brighton had 3 foreigners - only two fewer than United started with last night.

I meant that we will probably get more foreigners in the future and if they got us promoted we wouldn't complain.

Martot? No!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have no problem whatsoever with that. He is clearly not a plastic.

The problem is how you differentiate isn't it.

If you see a yoof walking down the road in an Arsenal or Chjelsea shirt, the first thought seemly is that he is plastic....but when you get the train to London on a saturday there are thousands of london clubs fans heading to watch them.

I agree with Knotty on this.

Life is too short to get all het up about someone in another clubs shirt.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just a thought...

It's because I care about my club and see how it's struggling as are dozens of other clubs. I also care about English football. If we stop caring and getting angry at Sky/Premiership/Eufa then soon we'll just have one league called the Premiership with 10 clubs competing. And they'll be all owned by franchises and full of foreign players. The best, I grant you but foreign nonetheless.

I do enjoy following the Albion. It really matters to me how they do. It affects my moods because it's irrational, it's frustrating. I'm entitled to question the motives of these plastic fans. Do they do it for the love of football or is it to bask in the reflected glory? Either way, what they are doing is destroying something I love.

You may not care that kids in Sussex don't support Brighton but if it directly affects the financial viability and ultimately the future of Brighton then you bloody well should.
Yes, it is ranting but it's not pointless. And I do it because I love the Albion.

EDIT - and as for the comment about ignoring other teams. Jeez. That's the whole point of football. Irrational hatreds because a team had a player who hurt our star player, their chairman votes to kick us out the league. Whatever. It's what football is all about. Isn't it?

Last edited:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
It's because I care about my club and see how it's struggling as are dozens of other clubs. I also care about English football. If we stop caring and getting angry at Sky/Premiership/Eufa then soon we'll just have one league called the Premiership with 10 clubs competing. And they'll be all owned by franchises and full of foreign players. The best, I grant you but foreign nonetheless.

I do enjoy following the Albion. It really matters to me how they do. It affects my moods because it's irrational, it's frustrating. I'm entitled to question the motives of these plastic fans. Do they do it for the love of football or is it to bask in the reflected glory? Either way, what they are doing is destroying something I love.

You may not care that kids in Sussex don't support Brighton but if it directly affects the financial viability and ultimately the future of Brighton then you bloody well should.
Yes, it is ranting but it's not pointless. And I do it because I love the Albion.

Spot on :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
and what is wrong with that? You may not want to support your "local" club. Your local team may be shite. Your children may want to support a sucessful club. that is seen on TV.

In your world is there some sort of Law that says if you live in xxxxx you must suport xxxxx?

Well, do you expect everyone in England to support the English national team rather than, say, Brazil or Germany?

Where I live, there is three families who all go to London to watch Chelsea. One of them was originally Brighton fans and gave up when we upped sticks to Gillingham ( he was and Exexutive Club member). His kids never went to Brighton...they are not even on their radar. Are they "plastic fans"?

Again, they're buying into a successful club. Any idiot can do that. I prefer people who don't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The problem is how you differentiate isn't it.

If you see a yoof walking down the road in an Arsenal or Chjelsea shirt, the first thought seemly is that he is plastic....but when you get the train to London on a saturday there are thousands of london clubs fans heading to watch them.

I agree with Knotty on this.

Life is too short to get all het up about someone in another clubs shirt.

Its quite simple really.

Lives on the other side of the country, no logical attachment to the club, never attends the games and isn't particularly bothered about doing so, buys the shirt from JJB and watches in the pub, only latched onto them because they're a "big" club, revels in the reflected glory = PLASTIC

Attends as many games as possible, supports the club through thick and thin regardless of success (or lack of), follows the team whatever division they're in, gets genuinely pissed off at a defeat or gets a real buzz from a win = REAL FAN

I kind of love to hate plastics. It makes me feel superior.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here