Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I Gave Him An Apple Once

and he had 2 bites and didn't like it so now he'll only eat processed foods and chips and biscuits and chocolates" says mother of 15 stone 8 year old.

That's the one.

Mother is a total waste of space. "Suffers from depression" and spends half her time in bed, smoking cigarettes while her mother feeds the kid.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Nemesis said:
Child abuse of the highest order-his mother is condemning him to a life of ill health and poor education.

But is it child abuse or poor education on his mothers part. Should he be taken away from his family and placed into care.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If theres ever to be a chance of him being a productive member of society, he needs someone else assisting in his care. That ain't gonna happen, so the next choice is whats being done.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
coventrygull said:
But is it child abuse or poor education on his mothers part. Should he be taken away from his family and placed into care.
I think its child abuse. Poor little f*** obviosuly aint getting the attention he needs. THe mother should be prosacuted for letting him get like that. Hopefully there's still time to help him, although I doubt it.

The kid needs help and his mother is incapable, his grandmother is incapable. Taking him into care seems the only option at the moment.

They're saying he is to be tested for a hormone imbalance in a month or so-if it turns out to be the case then I apologise in advance to the mother. In the meantime, an 8 year old is heading towards a heart attack.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Iwas wondering how many other children are like this lad. will we end up with homes for fatties.

Isn't it time the government started prosecuting the supermarkets for the unhealthy shit they sell.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When Connor won't eat anything else, I've got to give him the foods he likes.

"I can't starve him.

"But I'm confident I can get his weight down with a bit of help."

His life expectancy is severely prejudiced.

Dr Colin Waine, National Obesity Forum

Ms McKeown denied she is neglecting her son, and said he would be "skinny" if she had been.

:thud:

What a pointless individual his mother is. An eight year old relies on his mother to look after him and she has set him up for a life of health problems and torment.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
_42613909_connor_eat203.jpg
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
coventrygull said:
Should the child be taken into care though? Is it child abuse?

Course it is - if you underfeed a child it's a case of cruelty - so why isnt risking your children to type 2 diabetes and high BP, high cholesterol and heart attacks child abuse?

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Course it is - if you underfeed a child it's a case of cruelty - so why isnt risking your children to type 2 diabetes and high BP, high cholesterol and heart attacks child abuse?

But isn't it a case more of ignorance than abuse. It is only recently that the problems of being overweight are being highlighted in the media.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep its child abuse.

Meanwhile, we once fed our 5 year old son some chillis. He hated them so that obviously means he doesn't like vegatables. Nevermind, we're feeding him milky ways these days and he seems much happier

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Simster said:
Yep its child abuse.

Meanwhile, we once fed our 5 year old son some chillis. He hated them so that obviously means he doesn't like vegatables. Nevermind, we're feeding him milky ways these days and he seems much happier

Yes but you fed him things he liked because in your ignorance you thought you were doing the right thing. Like I said its more to do with ignorance than abuse. People are simply not aware of the damage they are doing. I recently had a patient die because they were so overweight and the family simply did not understand that this was one of the causes of death. sad but true .

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Has the child actually been taken into care now? I thought that was still undecided.

I fed my kid an apple when he was a toddler nad he spat the thing out and has not eaten once since. Not liking an apple did not equal an automatic pass to a junk food full life for him though. Much as he might wish it had.

I don't know about hte abuse thing, I think I want to agree to Laura and the underfeeding = neglect and that that swings both way. But, if the mother is so poorly educated she has no idea what she was doing when baby was born did she do it knowingly? Given that this obesity malarkey and better education over food is a relatively new thing. In the same way that smokers were not educated about how bad that is for you once upon a time.

I feel bad for the child and for the mother, if she genuinely believed she was making her best choices. Both that those best choices were wrong and that she couldn't see it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
16611986.jpg
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :thud:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
coventrygull said:
Isn't it time the government started prosecuting the supermarkets for the unhealthy shit they sell.

It's not an offence to sell unhealthy shit, though, and I don't think it should be, either. If it was, we'd pop down to Saino's for an Easter egg or some sticky toffee pudding as a bit of a treat and be told "we can't possibly sell that in case we get nicked".

People just ought to take some responsibility. Incidentally, we won't know if the child is ever taken into care. The naming of a child in care is prevented by section 39 of the Children Act.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here