Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I Gave Him An Apple Once

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
It's not an offence to sell unhealthy shit, though, and I don't think it should be, either. If it was, we'd pop down to Saino's for an Easter egg or some sticky toffee pudding as a bit of a treat and be told "we can't possibly sell that in case we get nicked".

People just ought to take some responsibility. Incidentally, we won't know if the child is ever taken into care. The naming of a child in care is prevented by section 39 of the Children Act.

In a roundabout kind of way we probably will because the press and media will be showing us pictures of the 'distraught mother'. Sufficiently digitized to hide her identity...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Nemesis said:
In a roundabout kind of way we probably will because the press and media will be showing us pictures of the 'distraught mother'. Sufficiently digitized to hide her identity...

Or she'll sell the story if and when she gets him back to one of the trash mags.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
It's not an offence to sell unhealthy shit, though, and I don't think it should be, either. If it was, we'd pop down to Saino's for an Easter egg or some sticky toffee pudding as a bit of a treat and be told "we can't possibly sell that in case we get nicked".

People just ought to take some responsibility. Incidentally, we won't know if the child is ever taken into care. The naming of a child in care is prevented by section 39 of the Children Act.

So should it be an offence to become a fat lardy. Yes people ought to be more responsible but so should governments. Its only now that food is being labeled clearly. what about health warnings on some foods :D

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
My mum gave me a mashed up banana when I was a toddler, apparently I puked up instantly, as a result she didn't give me another one and I didn't eat a banana till my mid 20's. However my mum wasn't intellectually challenged, far from it, she fed me and my brothers an excellent balanced diet and we all grew into healthy adults.

I almost wanted to cry for that poor kid when I watched the programme, he is being set up for a life of misery because of a bad diet, unless the problem is addressed very quickly. We then face an ethical question, should he be removed from his mothers' care because she appears incapable of bringing him up properly, her actions are likely to contribute to severe health problems or even an early death.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
I hate seeing really fat children, always feel so sad for them - that's no life, having such an utter lack of control, the obvious ridicule from others and what must be horrific self-disgust at times.

Though for all that, when the poor lad was talking about how "people pick on us" and how he's "sick of the nutters always shouting at us", he did seem slightly reminiscent of a fat little Gollum... :(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For me, the big question is whether or not the child would benefit from being taken into care?

Surely there are better ways of sorting this out than simply threatening to take the child away from a loving (albeit unhealthy) simpleton?

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I could murder a Big Mac right now.

You want a burger that runs your office like a home, rather than your home like an office?

*may be getting brands confused*

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
coventrygull said:
But is it child abuse or poor education on his mothers part. Should he be taken away from his family and placed into care.

Does it matter? if you hit a child it doesn't matter what reason you hit the child for, it's still abuse. if by your actions you're killing your child the it is abuse

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He's a fat bastard no 2 ways about it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There must be a way of reducing his calories intake without him realising it, and without him being taken into care surely? The lad seemed happy enough playing with the other kids and jumping up and down on his trampoline, so it's not like he's a complete couch potato. Maybe a live-in nutritionist, or graduate nutritionist, or anybody really with an IQ bigger than their shoe size to slip healthy foodstuffs, heavily disguised, into his lard-rich diet.

Last edited:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
keaton said:
Does it matter? if you hit a child it doesn't matter what reason you hit the child for, it's still abuse. if by your actions you're killing your child the it is abuse

Its not the same. A lot of people like to give food to their offspring as a way of showing love. Its not right I know but hardly the same as abuse. Its not just abuse of children a lot of adults will feed partners large amounts of food because they see it as an act of love. Hence the large fatties in the US.

I am not in favour of people eating themselves to death. I have looked after some really large people who are so fat they can't walk. So have seen the damage that it does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here