Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I feel sorry for the moaners

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Amazingly enough I know more people at the club than Jake but then I would be name dropping wouldn't I? :)

anyone can say that though! Unless you are prepared to say what info you had and who gave it to you why bring it up?

I know no one!

Amazingly enough I know more people at the club than Jake but then I would be name dropping wouldn't I? :)

What are you now, some kind of Eastenders Gossip?

"i know someone at the club and that's why I KNOW not to like Wilkins as a manager, ner"

The proof of your credibility is that YOU liked maGOON because you had a niceynice dinner with him, which re-enforced the concept you have that you are 'in' with the Albion. "oh mr magoo, have some WHISKY and you are so charismatic and bossy"

Funny, I can't recall any of your decisions winning any matches for us??

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If you told things "in confidence" they should remain "in confidence".

...and that includes alluding to them which simply winds people up and leads to the accusations of there being an "in crowd".

I don't really care if that's true, but it's very very easy to see why those kind of accusations get bandied about.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What are you now, some kind of Eastenders Gossip?

"i know someone at the club and that's why I KNOW not to like Wilkins as a manager, ner"

The proof of your credibility is that YOU liked maGOON because you had a niceynice dinner with him, which re-enforced the concept you have that you are 'in' with the Albion. "oh mr magoo, have some WHISKY and you are so charismatic and bossy"

Funny, I can't recall any of your decisions winning any matches for us??

Wrong person NMH. I have never had dinner with McGoon or had a drink with him.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Must confess. I too find all this uber-fan/super-fan nonsense irritating. What with all the Hove Born and Bollocks stuff about shaming people and others claiming to have "insider knowledge" or ulterior and mysterious reasons for not supporting Manager X or Player Y.

Some people who are Albion fans want to go but can't. Some don't want to go and do. Some people have other priorities.

Hey ho. Rather they say they support the Albion than Chelski. If it's a wind-up then it's been done to death and not funny.

Seriously, HB&B - you don't have the wit, the intelligence nor the chutzpah for humorous wind-ups. It's you that keeps looking bad here. Can you give it a bit of a rest please, mate?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
no matter, your 'insider information' insinuations are inflammatory gossip, and a pariah to The Albion.

When have I offered gossip or information? I have an opinion which I stick to but people cannot accept that I have my reasons. I don't want to give those reasons but people think they can goad me into it.
It's not as if I am starting threads on Wilkins out.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My take on yesterday, was it was a typical third division game, which we used to see regularily in the days at the Goldstone.

Two not particulary good teams, one better at finishing than the other and a fair result in the end.

The first half was dreadful, neither team really knew what they were supposed to be doing, aimless wafting of the ball forward and players rushing about like headless chickens ( sorry jake, but sometimes you do give that impression).

Baz's goal was well taken, and when Wilkins finally saw what every one of the 5400 in the ground was looking at he made the substitutions required. Forster took the goals well as he should ( he is a proven goalscorer after all) and OCallahan is an infinitely better player at the moment than Frazier( he will be good but he is very raw). The defence look good as we know and the midfield is gelling ( martot looks better and better)

But all in all, if we had lost or drawn, based on that performance Wilkins would have been crucified.

I think people looking for exciting skillful football need to takle a rain check and remember we are in the third division!!!!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can,t see the problem with critisising in the past. The results and performances were inconsistant, the substitutions and team selections were occasionally hard to understand, and at times Wilkins looked out of his depth. However, he seems to be gaining in confidence, and is learning his trade. His team selections and substitutions seem more balanced and his activity in the loan and transfer market is bearing dividends.All in all, looking much better than a few months ago.
Critisism is natural when things go wrong.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sorry I dont see us as being in a false position at the moment. With a little bit of luck against Bristl Rovers & Leeds where we should have won both we would be sitting at the top of the pile right now.

By 'false position' I mean we are getting our share of good fortune right now. We were gifted a goal last week and yesterday Luton were not much of a force due to injuries. However at least this season we are beating the sides that on paper we should beat which is a very heartening sign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here