Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't believe in hanging, but in this case there should be an exception

I have a 3-year-old daughter and I've no idea what I'd do to any one who attempted to harm her in any way.

But I'm pleased we have a legal system based on rationality rather than driven by the appalling pain and anger of victims.

I would never want to see the return of capital punishment for any crimes, even this one. It would dehumanise all of us.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
London Irish said:
[B
I would never want to see the return of capital punishment for any crimes, even this one. It would dehumanise all of us. [/B]

I spent some time with adults who'd been abused as children; you never get over it is what I learnt, even the most forgiving ones still couldn't face it without breaking down. I only hope she's young enough not to remember it, that would be a blessing.

But have to concur with London Irish. Interestingly, yesterday's Daily Telegraph had a piece on the death penalty support in the UK - it's fallen below 50% for the first time in many years in recent polls. All this revenge rage for crimes isn't healthy for anyone. Earlier this year I saw pictures, again in the D.T, of some guy who was flogged and then hanged publically afterwards from a crane for a similar crime. It truely revolted me, regardless of his own hideous crime. Lock 'em up and throw away the key though.

Another article featured proposed new laws to prosecute "customers" who visit massage parlours with rape charges, given so many woman are forced into sex slavery from the Eastern Bloc now. Seen as the only way to combat the growing crime of the Serbian, Albanian mafias etc.

Just been reading the thread and can't understand why that chap has been banned for. The topic starter should be disciplined rather than Kaney for putting the word 'Rape'. He should of stated sexually assaulted.

I find Loonys clamping simile more offensive than Haneys remark in the light of this evil disgusting act that was carried out by scum.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
portlock seagull said:

Another article featured proposed new laws to prosecute "customers" who visit massage parlours with rape charges, given so many woman are forced into sex slavery from the Eastern Bloc now. Seen as the only way to combat the growing crime of the Serbian, Albanian mafias etc.

And a lot of those are well underage when forced into prostitution. Some as young as 12 or 13.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It was only yesterday that I was reading a case of a man who commited sexual assaults and/or murder and he is now in an open prison allowed out on unaccompanied day trips.....If only I can find that article...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BarrelofFun said:
It was only yesterday that I was reading a case of a man who commited sexual assaults and/or murder and he is now in an open prison allowed out on unaccompanied day trips.....If only I can find that article...
It was in yesteday's Argus. He is at Ford open prison.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yorkie said:
It was in yesteday's Argus. He is at Ford open prison.

Ah yes. Damn that short term memory!! That was shocking though, no real indication as to whether he has been sufficiently rehabilitated...was it sex assaults on minors? I really can't remember. All the bad news blurs into one...

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I agree with LI, but for slightly different reasons. My wife has to work with Sched 1 offenders like this when they are released. They all quite openly admit that the death sentence would not stop them committing the crimes, but would drive them underground, where they would, almost without fail, kidnap, assault and then kill victims. Those that want to stop the offences would rather be tagged and monitored, or locked up. The current tag system is not effective - they want to be alarmed, banned from certain areas. They really cannot stop what they are doing. Chemical castration is also pointless, there is more to sexual assault than penetration, and for some of these people it is not the sex but the power that appeals.

As nasty as this offence is, and as much as you would want to visit untold pain on a perpetrator, you have to look at a much bigger picture. The death sentence forces these people underground - or into events such as this. Another frightening fact is that before they are caught, sexual offenders like this have normally been committing the offences for a minimum of 10 years - and it tends to be a familial-repeat offence, in that people who are offended against go on to reoffend, most commonly against family members who are too frightened to report the assaults, and who then carry the same assaults out again, ad infinitum.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Call me old fashioned, but what kind of parents leave their 3 year old in a situation where she can be abducted from her own home?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
HampshireSeagulls said:
. They all quite openly admit that the death sentence would not stop them committing the crimes .

Without wishing to offend anybody - it would stop the bastards reoffending pretty effectively.

How many of you bleeding heart liberals advocating leniency actually have children?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
hans kraay fan club said:
Without wishing to offend anybody - it would stop the bastards reoffending pretty effectively.

How many of you bleeding heart liberals advocating leniency actually have children?

Locking them up for natural life would also stop them reoffending.
I have two grown up children and three grandchildren.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton

This Bleeding heart liberal has 6 children and 3 grandchildren.
:wave:

HampshireSeagulls said:
I agree with LI, but for slightly different reasons. My wife has to work with Sched 1 offenders like this when they are released. They all quite openly admit that the death sentence would not stop them committing the crimes, but would drive them underground, where they would, almost without fail, kidnap, assault and then kill victims. Those that want to stop the offences would rather be tagged and monitored, or locked up. The current tag system is not effective - they want to be alarmed, banned from certain areas. They really cannot stop what they are doing. Chemical castration is also pointless, there is more to sexual assault than penetration, and for some of these people it is not the sex but the power that appeals.

As nasty as this offence is, and as much as you would want to visit untold pain on a perpetrator, you have to look at a much bigger picture. The death sentence forces these people underground - or into events such as this. Another frightening fact is that before they are caught, sexual offenders like this have normally been committing the offences for a minimum of 10 years - and it tends to be a familial-repeat offence, in that people who are offended against go on to reoffend, most commonly against family members who are too frightened to report the assaults, and who then carry the same assaults out again, ad infinitum.

Agree totally. You may be interested to know that your local newspaper, the News, is the leading voice in the journalism world against "Pervert-watch"-style outing of peadophiles in the press, because of the problems of driving unstable, dangerous people underground and beyond the range of any monitoring systems. Guess it was because of all those lovely Paulsgrove types and their brand of enlightened community activism.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton

And another point, nobody on here has advocated leniency for these scumbags. :wave:

Shit argument that, us bleedin heart liberals do tend to reproduce despite the terrible ugliness of our feminist women.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford

Two children - including one who was in a class with a sex offender teacher. He was so effective he spent at least a year grooming the parents of the children first. He had moved from school to school, shrugging off complaints because they would not believe that he could commit an offence. He spent a few years abroad on voluntary work in Bhutan, so we can only guess at how many he assaulted out there. And yes, my first reaction was to want to damage him, it's a natural response.

And I meant that the threat of death would not stop them offending. The natural reaction is to kill these people, but the natural reaction is not always the right one - you have to see a bigger picture. Would you rather know that Sched1s are tagged and monitored 24 hours a day when they are released, or have to hope that they don't commit an offence against your child?

The whole system needs overhauling - these people need a dedicated monitoring service, using satellite and GPS technology which is already available, and they need to be totally sure that they understand the terms of release, and where they can and can't go. They need curfews. They don't need driving underground.

And I am far, far from a bleeding heart liberal!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
<-- \:Av :-&-: ??:/ --> 4 points from saftey...and Brighton f***ed it up says:
the action and term rape, yes
but i think that toddler story is a hoax
i dont think there is actually a rape, like last time with a 6 year old girl
she turned out to have made the whole thing up

That is from 1066seagull.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
London Irish said:
Agree totally. You may be interested to know that your local newspaper, the News, is the leading voice in the journalism world against "Pervert-watch"-style outing of peadophiles in the press, because of the problems of driving unstable, dangerous people underground and beyond the range of any monitoring systems. Guess it was because of all those lovely Paulsgrove types and their brand of enlightened community activism.

Highlights the point perfectly. What a cock up that was - a mob mentatility controlled by Little Britain-esque screeching fishwives, driving out everyone that they had a grudge against, and quietly forcing the council to rehouse all the paedos that were left - most of them ran for cover and have not been seen since. Pervert-watch is such a bad idea, and people just don't understand why!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
brightonfan_86 said:
the action and term rape, yes
but i think that toddler story is a hoax
i dont think there is actually a rape, like last time with a 6 year old girl
she turned out to have made the whole thing up

That is from 1066seagull.

What are you after Kev? Shit stirring by reposting PMs? If he is PMing you stuff, then it's between you. If he puts it up on here, then he gets banned.

Why would we even listen to a pair of puerile tossers like you two anyway? If you hate each other so much, why talk to each other? You have no idea of real life and exist in your own little bubbles. If you want to swap stories, then wait until you are back at school.

Pathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here