Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't believe in hanging, but in this case there should be an exception

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
the throught of such a crime make me feel sick,i have a soon to be 3 year old girl and if anyone had done this to her ihow could you not want revenge,

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
London Irish said:
Agree totally. You may be interested to know that your local newspaper, the News, is the leading voice in the journalism world against "Pervert-watch"-style outing of peadophiles in the press, because of the problems of driving unstable, dangerous people underground and beyond the range of any monitoring systems. Guess it was because of all those lovely Paulsgrove types and their brand of enlightened community activism.

Twas the good citizens of Dog Shit City (Portsmuff) who attacked a house when they discovered a peadatrician lived there!!

:nono:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Lets not kill these people. that's an easy way out for them. Lock them up for Life and I mean Life and put them in the toughest prison in the country. Do not let them go into solitary or on any special wings but mix them in with the other prisoners! They will be terrorised for the rest of their living days!

Scumbags!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As a matter of interest why does it matter whether someone has children or not - several posts have alluded to this and it baffles me.

Are you really saying that you have to have children to think this crime is horrific and want to see the perpetrators punished? If not, why mention it - it's not at all relevant and the implication that childless people don't feel revulsion at crimes like this is frankly insulting.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gwylan said:
As a matter of interest why does it matter whether someone has children or not - several posts have alluded to this and it baffles me.

Are you really saying that you have to have children to think this crime is horrific and want to see the perpetrators punished? If not, why mention it - it's not at all relevant and the implication that childless people don't feel revulsion at crimes like this is frankly insulting.

Please don't be insulted Gwylan. Nobody is saying that you are not horrified by crimes against children.

I am pretty much liberal [not in the Norman Baker sense I hasten to add] but whilst I have huge reservations about the use of the death penalty, if anybody were to abuse my children, so help me god.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Gwylan said:

I think that any right minded individual finds such a crime stomach turning. But parents will perhaps empathise more with what the parents of the little girl are currently going through, which is a mixture of rage, confusion and guilt. Rage against the sick people that committed the crime, confusion as the magnitude of it, and guilt because as a parent you always want to be there to protect your kids. It does not make your revulsion any less Max, or make the parents who have posted here superior in any way.

As you know I am a trendy lefty, but this one left me scratching my head as to how the perpetrators could ever be let back into society, so that is why I questioned their right to ever be allowed to live.

However Hampshire puts a compelling argument forward, and Looney is a cock for a change

Last edited:

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Cut their fuckin bollocks off, then a slow painful life banged up with regular torture sessions is the only way.

This coming from a father of a 3 year old girl, this sort of thing is wrong beyond belief, death would be an easy way out for them

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt I read somewhere that under European Law no country can have the death penalty if they are a member state. On that whether we want it or not it will never be re-instated in this country irrespective of any governments wishes.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
El Presidente said:
I think that any right minded individual finds such a crime stomach turning. But parents will perhaps empathise more with what the parents of the little girl are currently going through, which is a mixture of rage, confusion and guilt. Rage against the sick people that committed the crime, confusion as the magnitude of it, and guilt because as a parent you always want to be there to protect your kids. It does not make your revulsion any less Max, or make the parents who have posted here superior in any way.

I can see that but I don't see why it's necessary to mention the fact that you're a parent in a thread like this. It does the impression - albeit uniwttingly - that a parent has a greater right to feel outraged at such crimes, I find it a bit unnecessary, that's all.

And yes, Ben's Grandad, having the death penalty on its statute books does mean that a country cannot belong to the EU (which is why Turkey is altering its laws in its bid to join). That's according to the European Convention of Human Rights (protocols 6 and 13 to be exact). The UK incorporated the convention into UK law in November 1998 and finally abolished the death penalty in this country. There's no chance of it coming back to this country but we'd have to leave the EU if we wanted to restore it.

Quite rightly so too - there's no place for capital punishment in the 21st century.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Gwylan said:

It doesn't matter if one has children or not.

Gwylan said:
Are you really saying that you have to have children to think this crime is horrific and want to see the perpetrators punished?

No, no.

Gwylan said:
If not, why mention it - it's not at all relevant and the implication that childless people don't feel revulsion at crimes like this is frankly insulting.

Isn't it relevant? It's certainly relevant to me. It makes it all a bit "closer to home" to me as a thirty-something Dad of a 3 year old girl, than to me as a young and care-free twenty-something. But that's not to say I believe anyone without a child is going to feel any less revulsion and that implication was never intended.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't have children, but I suspect you can sympathise more with the parents, if were to have a child yourself. I guess that you don't really know "true love" until you have a child yourself (in 99.99% of cases)

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Gwylan said:
I can see that but I don't see why it's necessary to mention the fact that you're a parent in a thread like this. It does the impression - albeit uniwttingly - that a parent has a greater right to feel outraged at such crimes, I find it a bit unnecessary, that's all.

And yes, Ben's Grandad, having the death penalty on its statute books does mean that a country cannot belong to the EU (which is why Turkey is altering its laws in its bid to join). That's according to the European Convention of Human Rights (protocols 6 and 13 to be exact). The UK incorporated the convention into UK law in November 1998 and finally abolished the death penalty in this country. There's no chance of it coming back to this country but we'd have to leave the EU if we wanted to restore it.

Quite rightly so too - there's no place for capital punishment in the 21st century.

As much as there is no great need to mention being a parent, I personally did not say that as I'm a parent it gives me more reason to be angry with these people. These sickos will anger almost everyone, whether you are a parent or not, BUT as a parent its more a case of worrying rather than anger in a way especially as I have a little 3 year old girl.

That is all

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
To be honest I don't think it is a case of it being more relevant to parents, most of us have younger sisters, nieces etc... I can barely read our own thread on this as I find the incident horrific and upsetting. I think reactionary fervour is extremely dangerous and not something to be endorsed but if these men are in fact guilty then I don't care what happens to then as long as the punishment is no less than life in prison. The victim and her parents deserve that at the very least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here