Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I do not beleive this about Andrew (Filthy) Hawes............

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
I can't believe how ridiculous this thread is, though it is quite amusing. Hawes is a great commentator though i do wish he would speak up in his interviews. This isn't the first time he's commentated for us against Swindon and he commentated normaly and professionally all the other times so why would this time be any different

D

Deleted User X18H

chips and gravy said:
You upped your post count considerably though!

True but am getting busy now with Hurricane Val losses

D

Deleted User X18H

chips and gravy said:
You upped your post count considerably though!

True but am getting busy now with Hurricane Val losses

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
gazwag said:
andrew_hawes_270.jpg

What you talknig about-Hawsey and Sevenoaks could almost be blood brothers

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Barnet Seagull said:
I'm Welsh was born in Cuckfield, my dad supports Cardiff and my mum QPR. I haven't been to Withdean to watch the Albion all season.

I think I'll just f*** off.

Is this a confessional?

I'm going to seven games in Euro 2004 in a week - that's more than I've seen Albion play in the past nine months.

So sue me. :smokin:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cos this thread is like a scab. People keep picking at it when it should just be left alone to dry up and drop off on its own accord.

Ooh, that was quite a good metaphor actually. Pleased with that.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

I thought that was the point of a chat room.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, I think it's only you and me hove b&b, the others are all to lame and even-handed, they don't realise football is all about PASSION, EMOTION and CAPITAL LETTERS.

I don't give a monkeys how good or professional he is GET THE CARROT-CRUNCHING YOKEL OUT OF THE COMMENTARY BOX. This is a FOOTBALL MATCH not the CHANGING OF THE BLEEDIN' GUARD. This is all about PASSION EMOTION, and CAP... oh wait I've done that bit.

Having said that in all seriousness I can't understand why people have given hove b&b so much abuse just because HE CARES. I don't see you all sticking up for Andy Naylor when Safeway's having one of his 'turns'?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Is Budgie at Swindon?

Budgie :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think he is an absolutely shocking commentator anyway. Takes half an hour to catch up with the play. Bring back John Lees.

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
Brovian said:
[I can't understand why people have given hove b&b so much abuse just because HE CARES. [/B]

The point is, he cares about something that is totally irrelevant.

What nationality was the England manager when we beat Germany 5-1? Anyone remember? If he turns out to have come from anywhere other than England I think the result should be declared null and void.

D

Deleted User X18H

Brovian said:
Yeah, I think it's only you and me hove b&b, the others are all to lame and even-handed, they don't realise football is all about PASSION, EMOTION and CAPITAL LETTERS.

I don't give a monkeys how good or professional he is GET THE CARROT-CRUNCHING YOKEL OUT OF THE COMMENTARY BOX. This is a FOOTBALL MATCH not the CHANGING OF THE BLEEDIN' GUARD. This is all about PASSION EMOTION, and CAP... oh wait I've done that bit.

Having said that in all seriousness I can't understand why people have given hove b&b so much abuse just because HE CARES. I don't see you all sticking up for Andy Naylor when Safeway's having one of his 'turns'?

Thankyou Brovian Ican't believe the hypocrisy either especially after Naylor and the Stoke situation find a broadcaster from gosbts who knows and can relate through a lifetime of experience
to the area and the feeling of Brightonians and Hovonains to the Albion

What is wrong for Albion fans living too far to attend games - or working during matches, no seat for sold-out games or having other committments listening in to the matches - should we be ashamed that we listen in instead of going to every game like you hoveborn ? We have had to laugh when biased commentary came in from opposition's sites, myopic and way over-the-top against our deserved achievements. Why not have a fair reporter with less bias doing our commentary?

That you were born and bred in Hove (same as me, 'actually') makes you qualified to say who should commentate our games?
Harty from Worthing......hmm....too far away to qualify him eh?
Maybe you will proudly puff your chest in the papers one day as the old git who never left the city limits in his life, fiercely proclaiming your cleanliness - uncontaminated by foreign matter (i.e. a souvinir from sunny Steyning, the heady climes of Rye or the farthest reaches of Horsham).

What we need is a person from Neville Rd, who walked to The Goldstone, regardless of dull delivery ("he's got the ball, wait......he's running down the wing......oh he lost it. ....silence..... now it's rolling off and I think someone is going to throw it in. The ballboy is taking his time.....well, there are several people here at the ground....and there's the manager and he's talking to someone, I think it's the trainer.......ooh, good throw-in. Yes, it's quite nice and sunny here, the players look nice in the sunshine.....etc blither blah etc).

Oh well, it's something to talk about, eh? Quality thread, and it's interesting that you haven't actually heard very much of the people you critique. You'd make a scintillating journalist.

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
hove born&bred said:
Neither Bobby Zamora or Micky Adams ever publically stated in the local press that they supoported another team though.

Does nobody get this point .
yes they did! when they played for us neither of them were shy about admitting it and why should they be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here