Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I do not beleive this about Andrew (Filthy) Hawes............

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
chips and gravy said:
Yawn. We've all known this for years. Andrew Hawes is a very professional commentator, possibly the best that has been on SCR. From his commentary on BHA v Swindon games you would be hard pressed to know that he supports 'the other side'.

Try it on Sunday if you don't believe me.

Quite clearly not the best comentator for years on SCR.The guy before him who ended up on Five live and Channel five was a lot better.He was the guy who did that famous speech at the end of the Goldstone.

D

Deleted User X18H

Ok I'll shut up then I'VE never actually heard the guy as I am usually at Albion games when he is on .............. unllike it would appear some of yourselves.

D

Deleted User X18H

CrabtreeBHA said:
I love in Shoreham and was born in Hertfordshire County Hospital, does this give you more right to an opinion on BHA than me? f*** NO! this hole your digging is getting extremly deep and I hope you have some sort of water drainage system or your gonna drown!

Quite poor taste considering the front page of todays argus (which is a paper we have on sale here in Brighton & Hove)

I am just defending my teams honour.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
hove born&bred said:
Ok I'll shut up then I'VE never actually heard the guy as I am usually at Albion games when he is on .............. unllike it would appear some of yourselves.

so now your having a dig at people who dont go to every single game EVER?!

that waters rising and FAST

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
edna krabappel said:
Andrew Hawes is the only one on that show to bring a sense of reality to the programme and I for one appreciate it.

If I want a one-eyed, outrageously biased-against-the-opposition, Albion-tinted view of games, I will listen to Norman Gall ranting and moaning.

If, however, I actually want a relatively balanced view of what's going on during the match, I will listen to Andrew Hawes, a (IMHO) very good commentator and a vast improvement on the likes of John "the...er....Albion...er...have taken an...er...early..er...lead" Lees.
I disagree. I WANT a one-eyed, outrageously biased-against-the-opposition, Albion-tinted view of games. Do you remember those TV adverts "As fair as it ought to be", that's what local radio should be. The commentary against Swindon should be along the lines of "And here are the brave blue and white superstars bravely battling against the Wiltshire scum, surely if there is any justice the representatives of our glorious city by the sea will crush the tractor driving yokels so far into the ground they won't surface until they're pulled up with the next crop of carrots...." I want every Albion goal to be brilliant and every oppo goal to be a fluke against the run of play. I want to be told the referee is either an astute visionary correctly interpreting the rules or a blind waste of skin who shouldn't be in charge of a pub match. I want to hear how the best fans in the land have out-sung the feeble opposition. I want to be told how our brilliant football triumphed over the cynical clumping long-ball merchants. In short I want Ian Hart - remember whne we got promoted from the third?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
hove born&bred said:
I live in the Centre of Brighton so am entitled to my opinion born
Buckingham Hospital etc etc..

If you were born in that hospital (I'm assuming you're talking about the old maternity hospital which is now the Royal Alexandra Kiddies' place) which is in BRIGHTON then why are you called HOVE born&bred?

I've commentated on Stockport County games before. I don't think being a Brighton fan got in the way of my professionalism.

Ergo, I think you're talking out of your Nat King Cole.

D

Deleted User X18H

Brovian said:
I disagree. I WANT a one-eyed, outrageously biased-against-the-opposition, Albion-tinted view of games. Do you remember those TV adverts "As fair as it ought to be", that's what local radio should be. The commentary against Swindon should be along the lines of "And here are the brave blue and white superstars bravely battling against the Wiltshire scum, surely if there is any justice the representatives of our glorious city by the sea will crush the tractor driving yokels so far into the ground they won't surface until they're pulled up with the next crop of carrots...." I want every Albion goal to be brilliant and every oppo goal to be a fluke against the run of play. I want to be told the referee is either an astute visionary correctly interpreting the rules or a blind waste of skin who shouldn't be in charge of a pub match. I want to hear how the best fans in the land have out-sung the feeble opposition. I want to be told how our brilliant football triumphed over the cynical clumping long-ball merchants. In short I want Ian Hart - remember whne we got promoted from the third?

At last a like minded sole, another completely as if my life depended on it feircly proud BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION fan

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Definitely one of the funniest threads in weeks - thanks guys.

For the record, Hawesy is excellent IMHO

D

Deleted User X18H

Jam The Man said:
Definitely one of the funniest threads in weeks - thanks guys.

For the record, Hawesy is excellent IMHO

IYHO and I respect that but don't agree he should be the man for the job.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
LOL - what a :dunce:

By this reckoning then surely Des Lynam should not be allowed to present The Premiership as he supports the Albion? Or what about Linekar on Match of the Day - maybe he should only comment on Leicester games.

Who does Motty support? I believe its some conference team - can't remember which one? But maybe he should only commentate on them and leave the premiership and FA cup alone?

:clap2: :jester: :dunce: :clap:

D

Deleted User X18H

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
If you were born in that hospital (I'm assuming you're talking about the old maternity hospital which is now the Royal Alexandra Kiddies' place) which is in BRIGHTON then why are you called HOVE born&bred?

I've commentated on Stockport County games before. I don't think being a Brighton fan got in the way of my professionalism.

Ergo, I think you're talking out of your Nat King Cole.

The Royal alex is still there Brighton Maternity Hospital in Buckingham road was closed in 1971 I call my self Hove BB as an ironic subtle play on words.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What next, Mark Mcghee shouldn't be manager cos he dosen't support brighton.

Sorry Bexhill born and bred so living this far from brighton means my opinion is useless. Please don't make me support Man U.

Hawesy rocks IMUselessO

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Brovian said:

Quality :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
Lush said:
I hope not. :angry:

He doesn't look anything like he sounds though, does he? I always imagined a kind of Simon Cowell type. Or someone like seagull over sevenoaks...:lolol:

hmmm, does that sort of infer that I'm similar to Simon cowell??

*quickly pulls waistband down from armpit level*

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The guy from Meridian on Soccer Sunday (forget his name) is a Brizzle City fan but is always enthusiastic about the Albion.

Hawes is not a bad commentator, never lets his (supposed) prejudices show.

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
hove born&bred said:
The Royal alex is still there Brighton Maternity Hospital in Buckingham road was closed in 1971 I call my self Hove BB as an ironic subtle play on words.

Nice use of irony - well done:dunce:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Andrew Hawes is a TOTAL consumate professional, puts in unbelievable preperation and time in bringing us the 'Albion Fan' a f***ing DAMN good service.

Get off his f***ing back.

D

Deleted User X18H

Rougvie said:
Andrew Hawes is a TOTAL consumate professional, puts in unbelievable preperation and time in bringing us the 'Albion Fan' a f***ing DAMN good service.

Get off his f***ing back.

Thank you for you contribution to this on going discussion.

I concede it is totally out of order for me to question the loyalty or interest in the club of SCR commentators. I should not be so totally
loyal regarding BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION or be concerned as to how they are perceived by the genaral and sporting public at this critical time.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
hove born&bred said:
Thank you for you contribution to this on going discussion.

I concede it is totally out of order for me to question the loyalty or interest in the club of SCR commentators. I should not be so totally
loyal regarding BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION or be concerned as to how they are perceived by the genaral and sporting public at this critical time.

so by that your saying the general public perceive us on what team out commentator supports?...only one thing for you mate:

loser.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here