Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I confidently predict Knight will be gone soon

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Turkey said:
I would refer to my idea.

Would you rather the club told us everything or we got Falmer?

I really do think it's all about Falmer. That's what Dick Knight will be judged on. A few little white lies will do us no harm.

You've just got to trust him. I think most do. I certainly do.
Turkey the reason why we lost the goldstone etc was because of goings on we didn't know about and now i presume the club should not hold back anything to the fans as thats decieving them full stop.:smokin:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pavilionaire said:
Re. the title of this thread - I would have thought that DK would want to be chairman until, at the very least, we have played our first game at Falmer.
Re. the title of this thread - Ernest couldn't confidently predict his own bath time.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Easy 10 said:
Fair enough.
And you WILL get a reply, MP's pretty good that way. A mate of mine has emailed him on 3 of 4 occasions over the years, and he's had a reply every time.
Thats great then and im sure can can have a peak at what he says.:smokin:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Turkey the reason why we lost the goldstone etc was because of goings on we didn't know about and now i presume the club should not hold back anything to the fans as thats decieving them full stop.:smokin:

It wouldn't be sensible for clubs to tell there fans everything. It's no so much a case of not letting the fans know but possible investors.

Like I said, I'm purely speculating. I would presume though that if potential investors new we were in debt they wouldn't be quite so keen to invest in the club.

If that's the case. I don't mind not knowing. So long as we get Falmer because we have no future elsewhere.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ernest said:
By the end of the year and maybe by the end of this season and if he was on the phone in this Saturday he'd be gone by then once I nailed him .
Dick Knight vs Ernest on the phone-in. Now that I would LOVE to hear. It would make compulsive listening.

Harty - lets GET IT ON !

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Ernest said:
How can you trust someone prepared to lie ? How do you know in the future what is truth and what is bullshit ?
Once a liar always a liar that is what I say and the sooner Knight is gone then the better it will be for the club.

Who knows if they have lied?

The fact is though we must get Falmer.

Once that is delivered some think he'll step down anyway. In which case nothing to worry about.

Once a lier always a lier? I reckon everyone has told a lie at some point in there life.

Falmer is the only thing that matters.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Dick Knight vs Ernest on the phone-in. Now that I would LOVE to hear. It would make compulsive listening.

Harty - lets GET IT ON !

Colon provides the texts reacting to the show..

"Who's that clown Ernest waisting our air time"

"**** off Ernest"

"Sack the Board. F.G."

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Turkey said:
It wouldn't be sensible for clubs to tell there fans everything. It's no so much a case of not letting the fans know but possible investors.

Like I said, I'm purely speculating. I would presume though that if potential investors new we were in debt they wouldn't be quite so keen to invest in the club.

If that's the case. I don't mind not knowing. So long as we get Falmer because we have no future elsewhere.
Yeah i catch your drift,but most albion supporters what everything out in the open after the last debacle of the goldstone etc.

Fans will presume and get on his back,but the thing is that he doesn't say a thing and is asking for trouble.

You see little hints everyday of late about no signings are likely and there are no players out there for us,but is this the truth of the whole matter or like you say it maybe nout.

Fans can only take so much and boy the albion fans have suffered more than most.
I get that big feeling something isn't right at the club thats all :drink:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Well you're entitled to you're feeling.

Most fans trust Dick Knight though.

We've suffered but we've survived. We'll keep on suffering however untill we play our first match at Falmer.

A lie to prevent suffering is fine by me.

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Bozza said:
Our revenue/takings will not increase as you suggested - the same number of people will be coming through the gates etc. What will happen is our costs are (expected to) reduce because we won't be paying the premium price that Ecovert charge.

The Club will surely collect the revenues for the food concessions etc. so revenue will increase that way maybe......

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
Cook's tasty dish for Seagulls

DJ and music producer Norman Cook has increased his stake in his hometown club Brighton, giving the Seagulls a substantial cash injection.

Contrary to some reports, Cook, who is better known as Fatboy Slim, has given Albion an undisclosed amount to spend on "taking the club forward" rather than on players' wages.

"It's got nothing to do with wages," said a club spokesman.

"The money is very useful and it will be earmarked for different things - the main thing at the moment is that we are planning for a new stadium, and have very high running costs at our temporary (Withdean) stadium. It's a very expensive issue."

Cook's record label 'Skint Records' is the club's shirt sponsor and he has made a number of investments with the club over the last two years.

"Norman is an Albion fan and he often talks with the chairman. He's helped us in the the past and he's helped us again. It is a substantial amount and everyone at the club is very grateful."
Choose another story...Yeates returns to SpursMcGhee blames missed chances

AND

Disc jockey Norman Cook has boosted Brighton's plans for a new stadium with a sizeable financial donation.
The millionaire known as "Fatboy Slim" already sponsors the team and has bought a 11% stake in the club with a reported £500,000 investment.

"That figure is slightly inaccurate but Norman has put some money in," a club spokesman told BBC Sport.

"It will help towards a number of things including the new stadium and we are very grateful for it."

Brighton are hoping the government will approve plans to build a new 22,000-seater stadium at Falmer following a public inquiry last year.

The club have been without a permanent home since their Goldstone ground was sold for redevelopment in 1997.

They currently play home games at the Withdean Stadium - an athletics stadium holding fewer than 7,000 people.

"Norman's contribution is a private matter between him and the chairman," the spokesman added.

"The new stadium is the single most important issue facing the club but the money will also help towards the running costs at Withdean and the general running costs of the club."

I take me hat off to both FBS and DK gawd bless em
:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here