Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I confidently predict Knight will be gone soon

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rusthall Seagull said:
The stagecoach problem could well be an admin error? Working within the financial business, these sort of things happen all of the time!

You really think that this could be such an example?

I would think refusing travel vouchers would be a last resort action from Stagecoach.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What a bunch of whining old women. Talk about panicking.

Ecovert's contract is up at the end of March. The club is taking over running Withdean. That will mean an increase in takings for us.

The Falmer decision is due very soon.

Stick your chins out and act like men.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The Large One said:
Has anyone actually bothered to ask Dick? Or Martin? Or Bob Pinnock?

The club's phone number is 01273 695400.

dick.knight@bhafc.co.uk
martin.perry@bhafc.co.uk
bob.pinnock@bhafc.co.uk

You never know, approaching them and asking a civil question might get a civil response. I always find it more constructive than hiding behind a keyboard slagging off individuals that don't really know or haven't been introduced to.

We shouldn't have to ask they should tell us what is going on. It's always the same with Dick and Bellotti as soon as the heat is on they go all quiet .

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Why would anyone, except a very loyal and true fan such as FatBoySlim inject cash into a club with no home ground, a club that has to shell out £33k for every home match (or £760,000 per season for league games alone), that is languishing in Division two, with a team not capable of surviving in Div One even if we got promoted?

I am sick of DK getting stick over this, he and the board along with FBS are trying to keep the Albion afloat until the club becomes financially viable - i.e. we get Falmer.

Get real.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
trouble is *NO ONE HERE KNOWS THE EXACT FINANCIAL STATE OF THE CLUB* we are all jumping to our own conclusions/delusions call them what you will - this kind of argument rains down on NSC every week and no solid answers ever come out because they are just our OPINIONS and thoughts.

Lets just wait for the Falmer decison, I predict an AGM or Fans Forum shortly after to discuss/explain/show the state of affairs/money situation at the club either way Prescotts decision goes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bozza said:

I would think refusing travel vouchers would be a last resort action from Stagecoach.

Exactly. And it's not down to individual travel voucher holders to contact the club to ask what's going on. It's down to the club to explain EXACTLY what the situation is with travel vouchers, and whether they will be honoured for the next home game against Barnsley on the 24th January. This one is not an emotional knee-jerk reaction issue, it's a black and white legal issue, and the sooner it's clarified the better for all concerned.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Bozza said:

Maybe not, but I was fed up with all the whinging! It actually could be something and nothing, Stagecoach may have demanded an increase in their cut and could be at loggerheads with the club. Whatever it is I fundamentally don't believe it's because we can't pay them.:)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yorkie said:
What a bunch of whining old women. Talk about panicking.

Ecovert's contract is up at the end of March. The club is taking over running Withdean. That will mean an increase in takings for us.

Revenue, ie 'takings' will stay the same.

What will change is the associated costs since there will not be a middle-man, ie Ecovert, seeking to profit on every aspect of the stadium management.

For the record - I am completely behind the board and have nothing but admiration for what they have done, are doing and are trying to do. Trying to keep the financial ship afloat must be an incredibly difficult task.

However, they are not above criticism, and if the situation has arisen that travel vouchers are going to be rejected - then a message should be forthcoming from the club so that people do not get caught out.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree that they are not above criticism but what started off as debate is descending into almost hysteria.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yorkie said:
I agree that they are not above criticism but what started off as debate is descending into almost hysteria.

The hysteria is only from those who we all know are those in the anti-Knight camp - people we all know - people who can't be reasoned with.

The rest of us show interest and concern because it helps to illustrate just how close to the wire the club may being run and just how much of a drain the Falmer application is. We know that Falmer is really all that matters at the moment.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ernest said:
It doesn't matter who puts the money in the cause for concern is why the money was put in and what for ?
Look, dimwit.
Why do you think the Albion needed a cash injection from FBS ? Rub the brain cells together and have a little think. If you're struggling to come up with an answer, here's a couple of clues for you.

1. We play at a rented athletics track with crippling overheads in front of about 6,000 fans. Most of the "profit" from home games is paid to Ecovert, so we don't make too much money from our home games after that.

2. Whilst continuing to have all the normal running costs of any other football club, on top of this we have had to fund a massively expensive Public Enquiry. In case you wern't aware, this Public Enquiry holds the key to the clubs future existance. Its all about getting a new stadium to play in, you see.

Now, with those two factors the club is having to deal with, we will, from time to time, need some cash from somewhere to help keep us ticking over, as the money has to come from somewhere. It shouldn't really come as any shock or surprise that this has to happen. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a money tree in the Withdean nature reserve which Dick can visit regularly to top up the old coffers, and so a few bob from a multi-millionaire who happens to be a fan of the club is a welcome way to continue, rather than having to borrow from the bank.

That is the financial reality we find ourselves in. Dick is overseeing the most crucial spell in the clubs history. No, he hasn't got his own millions to pump into the club, but then nobody else is queing up to to put money into the club either. Just be grateful that FBS is prepared to put money in, no strings (other than a parking space), to help until we get that stadium I mentioned earlier, eh ?

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Easy 10 said:
Look, dimwit.
Why do you think the Albion needed a cash injection from FBS ? Rub the brain cells together and have a little think. If you're struggling to come up with an answer, here's a couple of clues for you.

1. We play at a rented athletics track with crippling overheads in front of about 6,000 fans. Most of the "profit" from home games is paid to Ecovert, so we don't make too much money from our home games after that.

2. Whilst continuing to have all the normal running costs of any other football club, on top of this we have had to fund a massively expensive Public Enquiry. In case you wern't aware, this Public Enquiry holds the key to the clubs future existance. Its all about getting a new stadium to play in, you see.

Now, with those two factors the club is having to deal with, we will, from time to time, need some cash from somewhere to help keep us ticking over, as the money has to come from somewhere. It shouldn't really come as any shock or surprise that this has to happen. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a money tree in the Withdean nature reserve which Dick can visit regularly to top up the old coffers, and so a few bob from a multi-millionaire who happens to be a fan of the club is a welcome way to continue, rather than having to scrape by and/or borrow from the bank.

That is the financial reality we find ourselves in. Dick is overseeing the most crucial spell in the clubs history. No, he hasn't got his own millions to pump into the club, but then nobody else is queing up to to put money into the club either. Just be grateful that FBS is enough to put money in, no strings, to help until we get that stadium I mentioned earlier, eh ?

The reason Knight tapped up Norman Cook for money is ?????? Nobody knows so why can't Knight tell us ? Take off your Knight tinted specs for once and I hope you won't be too upset when Knight is forced out of the club.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
CrabtreeBHA said:
trouble is *NO ONE HERE KNOWS THE EXACT FINANCIAL STATE OF THE CLUB* we are all jumping to our own conclusions/delusions call them what you will - this kind of argument rains down on NSC every week and no solid answers ever come out because they are just our OPINIONS and thoughts.

Lets just wait for the Falmer decison, I predict an AGM or Fans Forum shortly after to discuss/explain/show the state of affairs/money situation at the club either way Prescotts decision goes.

Er, I beg to differ, we can be absolutely sure that the club a struggling financially - you don't have to be Einstein to work that out, and also, you can be sure that we will continue to struggle all the while we are at withdean.

I agree with you that we should all now just shut up (me included) and wait for the Rt Hon John Prescott to put us out of our misery.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ernest said:
The reason Knight tapped up Norman Cook for money is ?????? Nobody knows so why can't Knight tell us ? Take off your Knight tinted specs for once and I hope you won't be too upset when Knight is forced out of the club.
I give up. :shootself

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
i find this SLIGHTLY unbelievable.

people moan about dick knight, they say he has no money, and he wont let others invest.

step up norman cook with some money.... cue abuse about how dick has to go 'cap in hand' asking for hand outs.

f***ing ridiculous you whinging old c****.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
The hysteria is only from those who we all know are those in the anti-Knight camp - people we all know - people who can't be reasoned with.

These are the ones that I am calling whining women. :lol:

Yes the rest of us do want to know if there is a cash flow problem at the moment. That doesn't necessarily mean that we are going under.

I'm interested in why Ecovert going isn't going to help. I would have thought if you cut out the middle men it must generate some sort of revenue or are the council going to take a bigger cut?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Scoffers said:
Er, I beg to differ, we can be absolutely sure that the club a struggling financially - you don't have to be Einstein to work that out, and also, you can be sure that we will continue to struggle all the while we are at withdean.

I agree with you that we should all now just shut up (me included) and wait for the Rt Hon John Prescott to put us out of our misery.

oh yeah I know we are loosing money all the time we are at Withdean but I meant as in the detailed financial state of affairs - none of us know to the pound how much we have.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm of the understanding that we're opperating at a controllable loss.

It would hardly be a good idea to announce to the world that you're so many pounds in debt when you're looking for loans to build a new football stadium.

I think Norman Cook is helping keep any problems away so we can get this new stadium and Dick will try to pay him back when we're in a financial position to do so.

Purely speculative yes but I wouldn't be suprised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here