Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I confidently predict Knight will be gone soon

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Turkey,

That would seem about right.

If we could see the books, it's my reckoning that we are losing a few thousand a month (maybe 5-6k) as a guess. Most clubs lose that much even with a decent stadium.

In the end, it's all about trust - do you trust the current board, or don't you. It's a nervous time, thats for sure, but what will happen if John Prescott turns us down, I cannot begin to imagine.

Come on Mr P, you know it makes sense.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As Raphael Meade said, Knight simply can't win with some people on here. He gets criticised for being potless. He gets grief for stopping all these investors we've supposedly got forming an orderly queue up Queens Road from putting money into the club, and then the minute we get a cash injection, its suddenly panic stations, begging bowl time, clubs on the brink of going under, etc etc.

Why is it so hard to accept that yes, the club is on the breadline, and we are going to be very much hand-to-mouth until we leave Withdean ? Thats the reality. We can't sustain ourselves indefinately at an athletics track, no club could. Its a miracle we havn't done an Oldham or Notts County yet, and the SOLE reason for that has been the wise path that Dick and Martin have steered this club on.

We have a bright light at the end of this tunnel once Prescott gives us the thumbs up. But in the meantime, all you tossers bashing Knight and his running of the club need to just shut the f*** up and stop viewing everything with cynicism and suspicion, and try getting behind the club in its hour of need.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Indeed Easy 10, I completely concur

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Easy 10 said:
<..snip..> But in the meantime, all you tossers bashing Knight and his running of the club need to just shut the f*** up and stop viewing everything with cynicism and suspicion, and try getting behind the club in its hour of need.

:clap: :clap: .... or invest your own money in the club ( and I'm talking about more than buying a season ticket and a shirt !!! ).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Well said Easy 10

Being the best poster on the site you have put it so much better than I can.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yorkie said:
Well said Easy 10

Being the best poster on the site you have put it so much better than I can.
Steady on Yorkie, I'm not sure I can live with that kind of pressure ;)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:
Steady on Yorkie, I'm not sure I can live with that kind of pressure ;)

Listen, I only got nominated. You won it. You have to live under that pressure. :lol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yorkie said:
These are the ones that I am calling whining women. :lol:

Yes the rest of us do want to know if there is a cash flow problem at the moment. That doesn't necessarily mean that we are going under.

I'm not sure anyone has suggested we are...

Yorkie said:
I'm interested in why Ecovert going isn't going to help. I would have thought if you cut out the middle men it must generate some sort of revenue or are the council going to take a bigger cut?

Not sure if this was directed at me. If it was - I wasn't suggesting the termination of Ecovert's contract was not going to help - it undoubtedly will. I was merely being (typically) pedantic. Our revenue/takings will not increase as you suggested - the same number of people will be coming through the gates etc. What will happen is our costs are (expected to) reduce because we won't be paying the premium price that Ecovert charge.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Some people have been talking about administration today so going under has been discussed because to go into administration means you have to have some assetts (which we don't)

Yes the Ecovert question was aimed at you Bozza. The point I was trying to make was that we should get a bit more cash to use or clear debts (whatever) because Ecovert was no longer in the picture. I really don't mind if it is reduced costs rather than increased revenue. Either will be a big help.

Thanks

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Large One said:
Has anyone actually bothered to ask Dick? Or Martin? Or Bob Pinnock?

The club's phone number is 01273 695400.

dick.knight@bhafc.co.uk
martin.perry@bhafc.co.uk
bob.pinnock@bhafc.co.uk

You never know, approaching them and asking a civil question might get a civil response. I always find it more constructive than hiding behind a keyboard slagging off individuals that don't really know or haven't been introduced to.
Just emailed him and lets see if he will respond:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Ernest said:
What did you ask him ?

Dear Mr Knight did you have to stump up £2.50 for the Stagecoach bus on Saturday ?

:lolol: :lolol:
I sent a respectable email saying many things and lets see if he gives awnsers.
Know if he is such a big fan he will respond to my email:smokin:
:drink:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Some very interesting points.How you get your facts?
But do agree that it is worrying and not having facts given out so we are all in the dark.We have been that way before.
It would be good to see the financial situation.When and what was the situation when the last set of accounts were available ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
berkshire seagull said:
I sent a respectable email saying many things and lets see if he gives awnsers.
Know if he is such a big fan he will respond to my email:smokin:
:drink:
Come on then Berkshire, lets have a cut n paste of this respectable email you've sent...

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Easy 10 said:
Come on then Berkshire, lets have a cut n paste of this respectable email you've sent...
:lolol: what so you can make excuses up to why he shouldn't reply yeah right get real.
If i get a response i will send it to you as my paste doesn't work for some reason mmm and thats no bull shit.

Im no computer wizz kid,but i do no how to email things on.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
oapdodge said:
Some very interesting points.How you get your facts?
But do agree that it is worrying and not having facts given out so we are all in the dark.We have been that way before.
It would be good to see the financial situation.When and what was the situation when the last set of accounts were available ?

I would refer to my idea.

Would you rather the club told us everything or we got Falmer?

I really do think it's all about Falmer. That's what Dick Knight will be judged on. A few little white lies will do us no harm.

You've just got to trust him. I think most do. I certainly do.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Re. the title of this thread - I would have thought that DK would want to be chairman until, at the very least, we have played our first game at Falmer.

As I understand it, the granting of planning permission will enable us to access funds from various sources for the ground that have, hitherto, been denied us. I seem to recall from a previous Fans Forum that some of these funds include capital to repay the costs of the Public Enquiry.

If this is the case our cashflow could improve significantly in the next one or two months.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Turkey said:
I would refer to my idea.

Would you rather the club told us everything or we got Falmer?

I really do think it's all about Falmer. That's what Dick Knight will be judged on. A few little white lie will do us no harm.

You've just got to trust him. I think most do. I certainly do.

How can you trust someone prepared to lie ? How do you know in the future what is truth and what is bullshit ?
Once a liar always a liar that is what I say and the sooner Knight is gone then the better it will be for the club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
berkshire seagull said:
:lolol: what so you can make excuses up to why he shouldn't reply yeah right get real.
If i get a response i will send it to you as my paste doesn't work for some reason mmm and thats no bull shit.

Im no computer wizz kid,but i do no how to email things on.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Fair enough.
And you WILL get a reply, MP's pretty good that way. A mate of mine has emailed him on 3 of 4 occasions over the years, and he's had a reply every time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here