Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I CANNOT Believe I am Saying This

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Wigan is nowhere near the Wirral.....

nw.gif

No, it's absolutely MILES away isn't it.....players would never commute that sort of distance....:thud:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
and it kind of hurts me to hear myself saying it. But for the first time in YEARS, maybe ever, I am not actually that fussed about missing a Brighton game. Normally I am as excited as I was the first time I watched us play in 1987.

My mate asked me if I wanted to do a silly pub crawl this weekend, and I said yes. Not begrudgingly, I actually thought it is better than going to the football. I have not felt like this before, have I actually fallen out of love with it all after 20 years?

Those of you that know me, I go to pretty much every game home and away, and the few games I have missed, I have always tried to find out the score. This weekend, I don’t think I am actually fussed if I don’t find out the score on the day, I will just get on with actually enjoying my days off work.

Last weekend, a Saturday without football, I really enjoyed, and I am happy to do it again, even though there is a Brighton game to go to. Its not a lack of money, just enthusiam. It seems weird, especially so soon after long trips to Hartlepool twice, Carlisle, Stockport etc.

I'm tired of the excuses from the players and managers, just admit you are poor, and then maybe, just maybe you will be embarrassed into pulling yourselves out of this mess!!

Its seems now, that football is just a middle (sober) part of a day out with friends, and the result is forgotten by about 6pm on a Saturday.

With a works Christmas party on Friday 12th, a break until the Shrewsbury game is what I need to get me excited about watching the team again.

Congratulations. You are now officially middle aged.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This season I've been to Crewe , Leeds , Hartlepool and Carlisle. Will be going to Oldham on Saturday as these are the only opportunities I get to watch my home town club.This is the first time in about 12 years that I've noticed only the diehards are following the team away and many regular faces no longer go. Only been to Withdean about 8 times in total , whilst on holiday down south and the overall experience at Withers is undeniably crap. I predict 250 will go to Oldham in the hope of a miracle , well its nearly Xmas and we can sing "Jingle bells , jingle bells , jingle all the way , oh what fun it is to see , Brighton win away"

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
the players always clap the fans. but micky doesnt that is what really annoys me! dean wilkins used to praise the fans all the time now we are told to stik with it......for what at the moment? for micky to walk off because he realises he brings on subs in the 85th min and they dont do anything?

No they dont, a couple of players do, but they dont even come up to the fans, just clap from the half way line. And your right, Micky never does, pisses me off.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Personally i cant see what all the fuss is about, we've moved from being in a mid table pointless season to being in a relegation dog fight - which is brilliant

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think that it is any worse now than early 60s under George Curtis when we sank to the bottom division or when we was at Gillingham or even the latter days at The Goldstone. The difference now is that in July/August there was an air of expectation which hasnt materialised.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I do not think that it is any worse now than early 60s under George Curtis when we sank to the bottom division or when we was at Gillingham or even the latter days at The Goldstone. The difference now is that in July/August there was an air of expectation which hasnt materialised.
I think that's spot on. If we were 7th again (no, I'm not re-starting the Wilkins debate) and just outside the play-offs by definition we'd have had better results than we've had. Some people would still be moaning of course, probably that we weren't playing like Brazil for 90 minutes ("Yeah, ok we won but we were shit for 70 minutes."), but the general air would be more optimistic with a feeling that a couple of good signings in January and we could have a real chance of playoffs at least.

However sitting one place above the relegation zone with a controversial managerial appointment and a string of shit performances by players who are not palpably better than the ones we had last season and you can see why people feel the way they do. It just goes to show the INSANITY of people like Uncle Spielberg and Acker who said that finishing 7th was no better than finishing 19th.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Whilst agreeing with most of the above posts, I think that there is now another factor at play. All the time that Falmer was "in doubt", the fans had to show solidarity and support. Many fans wouldn't have considered abandoning going to Withdean or away games. Now that Falmer is finally happening, the reality is that we've still got a couple of seasons of trying to keep our heads above water. The only thing that would have kept up the enthusiasm would have been a sustained promotion campaign. However, barring a miracle, this isn't going to happen.

On a separate note, I thought that we did play well against Huddersfield and Stockport. However, the self-belief and confidence needed to win those games was missing.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Whilst agreeing with most of the above posts, I think that there is now another factor at play. All the time that Falmer was "in doubt", the fans had to show solidarity and support. Many fans wouldn't have considered abandoning going to Withdean or away games. Now that Falmer is finally happening, the reality is that we've still got a couple of seasons of trying to keep our heads above water. The only thing that would have kept up the enthusiasm would have been a sustained promotion campaign. However, barring a miracle, this isn't going to happen.
I agree with that as well. Without wishing to belittle the condition we're a bit like those soldiers who come back from war and then can't adjust to civvy street. Our biggest worry is our league position which would have seemed so trivial a few years ago when we were fighting for our very existence. We haven't quite adjusted to being a 'normal' club again.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
On a separate note, I thought that we did play well against Huddersfield and Stockport. However, the self-belief and confidence needed to win those games was missing.

I went to both of those games, and we played well for about 15 minutes in each of those games. Yes we kept the ball, but we created next to nothing in the way of chances that werent long range hopeful shots.

We lost both games, yet the players are still believeing they are playing well and quick to praise their own performance. That despite winning 4 games all year, emassing an embarrasing 19 points from 18 games.

You then get the manager tell us to just put up with it, look at the long term plan, view the bigger picture etc. All slightly insulting to the fans.

The players arent shit, they just have the wrong attitude. The manager has been great in the past, but seem to be living off his past glory down here. Basic mistakes, ones which every fan can see, yet nothing is done about it (until the 85th minute)

Everyday I go past the Falmer site, and it inspires me that good things are coming round the corner, but still I find it weird that for the first time, I am not that bothered about missing a game. The only 2 games I have missed I was itching to know the score. I didnt know I was going to Carlisle until the day before the game, but went through so much effort with the help of others to get there and back.

But now, although I will go to pretty much every game for the rest of the season, I seem to have lost a bit of that passion that I have for going.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

I went to both of those games, and we played well for about 15 minutes in each of those games. Yes we kept the ball, but we created next to nothing in the way of chances that werent long range hopeful shots.

We lost both games, yet the players are still believeing they are playing well and quick to praise their own performance. That despite winning 4 games all year, emassing an embarrasing 19 points from 18 games.

You then get the manager tell us to just put up with it, look at the long term plan, view the bigger picture etc. All slightly insulting to the fans.

The players arent shit, they just have the wrong attitude. The manager has been great in the past, but seem to be living off his past glory down here. Basic mistakes, ones which every fan can see, yet nothing is done about it (until the 85th minute)

Everyday I go past the Falmer site, and it inspires me that good things are coming round the corner, but still I find it weird that for the first time, I am not that bothered about missing a game. The only 2 games I have missed I was itching to know the score. I didnt know I was going to Carlisle until the day before the game, but went through so much effort with the help of others to get there and back.

But now, although I will go to pretty much every game for the rest of the season, I seem to have lost a bit of that passion that I have for going.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Brett its true, there IS more to life than BHA. Just because your pasison may of dwindled abit does'nt mean you wont get it back next week/next season/Falmer. Go and explore the world, take in some culture, go to a South American football match, shag a thai whore, have some shrimp on the barby with the aussies, watch the ASHES next year (which IS more important than football!!) and just enjoy life a little outside of BHA and I guarantee you will come back refreshed and more passionate than ever :thumbsup:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Mendy Babes, you going Tranny?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Mendy Babes, you going Tranny?

At the moment no, I was in the process of bookin gmy train ticket, and after the weekend gone, I thought, is there a point

I will probably end up going as its the last time I will see a lot of mates before Christmas. But Ive been there so many times, never seen us win there, and its always freezing in Liverpool

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
At the moment no, I was in the process of bookin gmy train ticket, and after the weekend gone, I thought, is there a point

I will probably end up going as its the last time I will see a lot of mates before Christmas. But Ive been there so many times, never seen us win there, and its always freezing in Liverpool

Fair Enough..:cool:.

I'll give you a tenner if you jump in the River Mersey naked?:jester:.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here