Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull Stewards & Police

Dandyman

In London village.
Having had two mates thrown out of the game for the "crime" of standing up in the second to last row at the back of the stand with nothing behing them except an advertising board may I nominate the Hull stewards as the biggest bunch of self-important over zealous over the top cocks of the season.

Also if I were a Hull council tax payer I would love to know how the full blown and totally unnecessary riot squad presence outside the ground cost.

:tosser:

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Well I was pretty colse to the 'action' i thought the police were over zelous.

But after what Martin Perry put on the website about standing at away games, i think that some of the fans should have atleast sat down.

But yes the Hull fans were doing the same.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Well over the top.

I always like to stroke the police horse's noses and I got shouted at by a steward for walking towards a police horse.
The copper didn't say anything except to talk about the horse in a civilized manner.

I know the two guys who were thrown out and they are not trouble causers in any way.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bit silly throwing people out for standing up when over to the left all the Hull fans were stood up.

Dave In Gloucester

Oct 19, 2003
Gloucester, UK
Originally posted on Flying High
No smoking, and no standing is allowed in the seated area of the ground. You are warned that the stewards are very strict about both of these rules, and this has lead to some unpleasant confrontations between away fans and stewards.

:glare:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good match report on your site Dave (sorry to change the topic slightly)

Caravan Club

Jul 28, 2004
Tunbridge Wellsb
It was also perfectly acceptable for us to park in the car park with the Hull fans, walk to the stadium with them, but then after the game we had to be separated like a bunch of hooligans.
How the hell we they cope with the visits of Cardiff, Wolves, Millwall etc...

The most inept stewarding since Sunderland away last season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am not surprised. My mate was a Steward there when we were at uni and he said half the people employed to steward were there to get in free and abuse away fans.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Yorkie said:
Well over the top...

I know the two guys who were thrown out and they are not trouble causers in any way.

Yorkie, thank you for that. If their names are reported back to Martin Perry, then I hope he will take note of comments such as yours.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dandyman said:
Yorkie, thank you for that. If their names are reported back to Martin Perry, then I hope he will take note of comments such as yours.

No problem. I know one of them was drunk but I would be prepared to write a letter of support if needed.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Give them a break.They are only doing thier job's.

After all,its better to be safe than sorry.

Imagine the situation.....there are minimal police around the stadium after the game,20 or 30 Hull IDIOTS decide to have a bit of a round by the away end exits.Several innocent Brighton fans get set apon with women and children in close proximaty.
Lets face it,this isnt beyond the realms of reality because Hull have quite a tasty "firm".

I can just imagine what everyone would be saying now if that had hapened."Where were all the police" and "why were we not protected by the police" etc,etc.

Some people on here will find any excuse for a whinge-up!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The City Centre was like a war zone when they played Hearts (I think although it may have been another Scottish team) in a friendly.

With regards to after the game. Better safe then sorry.

Regarding the over zealous stewarding they seem a bit over the top.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Yorkie said:
No problem. I know one of them was drunk but I would be prepared to write a letter of support if needed.

Were the offenders asked to sit down by stewards/Police??

If they were,and didnt comply with the requests of police/stewards far be it for me to suggest they were correctly ejected:eek:

Blue&white striped spectacles i think here!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
junior said:
Give them a break.They are only doing thier job's.

After all,its better to be safe than sorry.

Imagine the situation.....there are minimal police around the stadium after the game,20 or 30 Hull IDIOTS decide to have a bit of a round by the away end exits.Several innocent Brighton fans get set apon with women and children in close proximaty.
Lets face it,this isnt beyond the realms of reality because Hull have quite a tasty "firm".

I can just imagine what everyone would be saying now if that had hapened."Where were all the police" and "why were we not protected by the police" etc,etc.

Some people on here will find any excuse for a whinge-up!

I would like to know how the police choose which games they send extra riot police to.

A couple of seasons ago we played Sheff Wed (who never cause any problems) on Easter Monday at Withdean.
The whole place was crawling with police, vans, cctv etc all the way along London Rd.

I wonder whether it was anything to do with double pay on Bank Holidays?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Yorkie said:
I would like to know how the police choose which games they send extra riot police to.

A couple of seasons ago we played Sheff Wed (who never cause any problems) on Easter Monday at Withdean.
The whole place was crawling with police, vans, cctv etc all the way along London Rd.

I wonder whether it was anything to do with double pay on Bank Holidays?

Firstly...I could be wrong here,but i doubt the Police get extra pay for working bankholidays. I certainly dont and work for the same people ultimatly.

Secondly.....I dont think there was EXTRA police on duty yesterday.I would guess that as Hull have a bit of a reputation that ammount of police are always on duty.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
junior said:
Firstly...I could be wrong here,but i doubt the Police get extra pay for working bankholidays. I certainly dont and work for the same people ultimatly.

The Fire Service do.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll vouch as well for the one thrown out at the top as a decent bloke.

Yorkie said:
The Fire Service do.

They're not the police though.

I have to say that I agree with Junior here. If they were asked to sit down and told that if they didn't they would be ejected then they only have themselves to blame. In the light of the news that we could start losing away allocations because fans insist on standing then you'd think people might start to take these threats seriously.

Yes, it maybe over zealous, and they may not have been in anyones way, but they have to go along with the stewards requests.

I would much rather stand at every game, but we know that's unlikely to ever come back so we just have to get on with it, get away with standing when we can, but abide by the rules when asked.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
junior said:
Decent bloke maybe!

But was he asked to sit down?? Did he refuse???

Awnsers?

To be honest not sure, but I tried to mediate but the steward had made his mind up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here