Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City fans not happy with us....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Who care's about the away team's travel arrangements? That's the problem on here we are too nice to all visiting supporters ???

And to a certain extent I would agree BUT the club must have known for months (like Leeds and Barnsley being moved at the start of the season) so it was extremely bad form from the club if this is the case.

If it was reversed I would be f***ed off.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I completely agree. It should have been moved months ago.

Can't the club do similar to Norwich a few years back and give them a voucher for a free pie?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
If we kicked off at 3.00 pm, they would not be able to watch the whole game. So this is just a journo stirring without doing research.

Yes they would. 18.04 from Brighton, via London Bridge, Kings Cross & Doncaster, gets them home at 22.58.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Can't the club do similar to Norwich a few years back and give them a voucher for a free pie?

Would the catering staff be able to handle the complication of a voucher or is this some clever plot to keep the hull fans in the concourse queuing for free pies, and the support for their team to a minimum?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Would the catering staff be able to handle the complication of a voucher or is this some clever plot to keep the hull fans in the concourse queuing for free pies, and the support for their team to a minimum?

It wasn't but now you suggest it that would be a bonus. Perhaps we could slip a tranquilliser in each one?

I think his point is that we rely on another entity for our parking and that makes us small time.

I suspect that's bourne out of the fact that laying down a monstrous concrete carpark probably improves the look of the land up there. He's not no appreciation of why in leafy Sussex the club may be unable/unwilling to concrete over the greenbelt land for a car park that's in use around once every other week on average.

Having said that, the rest of the article is spot on. The club should have announced this as soon as the fixtures came out.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Well, if you get an 8pm train out of London heading for Hull, I presume you'll be crossing the Arctic circle, about, say 11 the following morning, with still another 500 miles north to go. It's a long way up there.

Not sure what you mean. But last Hull Trains train on a Sat is 7.48pm and gets to Hull at 10.26pm (or 8pm and change at Doncaster and get to Hull at 10.58pm).

So if you're not at Kings Cross before 8pm you won't get a train back on Saturday.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Yes they would. 18.04 from Brighton, via London Bridge, Kings Cross & Doncaster, gets them home at 22.58.

The 18.04 that you mention is the last train i wonder how many were coming by train,Most will be coming by coach or driving i would imagine, the same as the Leeds fans last week.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Absolute joke.

Any HCFC fans on here, we are with you on this one!
This.

If we were on the receving end of this shambles, I'd feel right royally pissed off too!

As mentioned, lets also not forget our fans travelling from afar too!

Sorry Albion, but you've dropped a clanger! :wrong:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

To be honest, I would imagine some of their fans would have pre-booked train tickets and the return half of which would be useless now I think the club should go further and make refunds to effected supporters upon proof of purchase. There may even be some of our fans who travel long distances affected as well. If they had changed the fixture in July then fair enough but they knew about this and presumably forgot to tell everybody.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
The club should have dealt with this sooner but all fans know especially clubs in the Prem and Championship that timings and dates of fixtures do change - this is the big risk you take when buying a discounted ticket well in advance.

That said damage could have been limited with a far earlier anouncement.

Is it practical for the club to say refund those ( partially or fully) who now can't attend with the intention then of splitting the South Stand and re-selling these tickets to Albion fans? Be very surprised if any more than 800 - 1000 Hull fans attended.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
To be honest, I would imagine some of their fans would have pre-booked train tickets and the return half of which would be useless now I think the club should go further and make refunds to effected supporters upon proof of purchase. There may even be some of our fans who travel long distances affected as well. If they had changed the fixture in July then fair enough but they knew about this and presumably forgot to tell everybody.

I am guessing the University didn't tell them until they got back from the Summer Holiday. Still makes us look small time though.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Maybe we could help the club look better by having a Fans "Accomodate a Hull Fan Scheme" showing again why we are the best fans in the land!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The disgrace is:

1. Ken Brown's quote in the press release "The University of Brighton has a long-arranged open day and the date is unavoidable".
2. The club didnt announce it until 13th September.

Suggests the club knew about it long ago, unless it was long arranged but the Uni forgot to tell the club. In which event, you would have expected the club to have asked such questions and got contractual answers long ago!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here