Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City fans not happy with us....

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I'm such a sad f***, I was at everyone one of those games except for 1990 game!!!

Sad-I dont think so. Our record during your attendance-Won 5 drawn 1 lost 1. Should be bloomin happy and hope you are a good luck omen on 15th (even though on a Saturday!) if you are going.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Looks like the club has made a bit of a ricket with this. Hopefully it hasn't affected too many of their fans.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Who care's about the away team's travel arrangements? That's the problem on here we are too nice to all visiting supporters ???

Err. Empathy bypass. Clubs in general need to beware taking advantage of loyal supporters whatever colours they wear. This is bad management by BHA. I am sure if the tables were turned the thread would read "BHA fans not happy with Hull FC" and rightly so.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Unfortunately absolutely THIS.

The University told the club a long, long time ago of dates where they had events where it would be very problematic for the Albion to have a 3pm Saturday kick-off due to car parking contention.

As such is there any good reason why the club, when the fixtures were announced, weren't able to flag up where we'd been scheduled at home to say "There is a significant chance these fixtures may be moved - fans who need to make travel arrangements are advised to await further instruction" etc?

Unfortunately, I suspect it fell down the cracks what with everyone at the club operating at about 120% as part of the move to the Amex.

Hopefully the club will be able to be more proactive for the 2012-13 fixtures. Not much good to Hull this time round though, unfortunately.

It does make you wonder if there might be some more games that need to be moved this season because of Uni events?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another scenario is the club did know about it (I think there was a post in the thread about the kick off time being changed). If we and Hull couldn't agree on changing the date (Friday or Sunday) the FL would have made the decision to put back the kick off time to 5.30 as a compromise. Brighton and West Ham fans are in the same position , booking advance train tickets which are now useless with the West Ham match moved to Monday evening.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Brighton should have told the League we need an away game on the day. Failing that, they should have swapped Hull with Millwall away the following week. Or swap with the West Ham game, much simpler for fans to get back to London leaving Falmer at 19:15+ than to get back to Hull. Sounds simple to me so obviously someone in the office cocked up!

Maybe Ken got confused with Millwalls fixtures?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I feel sorry for them, because its a long way home for them. I get right royally pissed off when games are moved. I may have to miss the West Ham game as I am supposed to be going to Yorkshire that day. It would have been fine left as it was.

Sometimes I get the feeling that the Club genuinely believe that 100 per cent of away fans travel to matches at the Amex by coach. It is, after all, what they told the City Council, when they put in the planning application for the Racecourse Park & Ride.

Seriously, though ... a bit more customer awareness wouldn't go amiss.

It's Brighton University that is the problem, not Sussex University. And it may well be the case that the fault lies with the University, rather than the Club. I suspect this, because I know that it's only in the last three weeks that Brighon University have started actively planning for the numbers who will be visiting the university the following week (when, by sheer good fortune, there isn't a Saturday home game).

But that doesn't detract from the fact that it's Hull City supporters travelling by train who will be most inconvenienced - especially those who have already (quite reasonably) committed £100-110 for a time-specific return rail ticket that they can't get a refund for.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I'm missing Hull now. I have a wedding party at 7 in Durrington, which i need to be there for from the start and if it were a 3pm I could have just about made it. 5:30? No chance! And I have my last lecture at Portsmouth at 6, so getting home to West Ham for 7:45 will be impossible also. Luckily that one is on sky.

Sometimes I get the feeling that the Club genuinely believe that 100 per cent of away fans travel to matches at the Amex by coach. It is, after all, what they told the City Council, when they put in the planning application for the Racecourse Park & Ride.

Exactly so and this potentially adds 2,200 or so to the transport requirements for any extension application as away fans were not included in any of the other transport mode capacity calculations.
I think there's a match transport review with the council after 10 home games btw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here