Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hull 1st game expectations

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I predict a narrow defeat (1-0) followed by the usual binfest on here slating all our players, a dozen threads on where and who the new striker is and then the glorious launch of a new bandwagon when we beat Cardiff at a packed Amex a few days later.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Hoping for a draw, can't see us nicking a win unfortunately. Half expecting this place to be awash with Palace fans on Saturday as they'll probably beat Watford at home and it would be a surprise if we picked up a win at Hull. Therefore they'll be keen to rub in their high league status while they can

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Its Hull City therefore it'll be 0-0, two defences dominating.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
On past performances it has got to be a goall-less draw with Veron hitting the post or bar with a long shot. And in 90 minutes it was 0-0 against Bruce & Sunderland

Playing the standard Albion deep defence, stopping the opponents midfield players running at the Albion defence and shooting from outside the box has to delegated to one of our midfielders: Harley ? Dicker ? Calderon ? I think I would pick Harley for the job.

I think Bruce will put five in midfield and push up and this is not a style Hull are used to.

Last edited:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Is it pay on the gate for Brighton end?

Yes. I rang the Hull ticket office a few days back to check as I at that time I couldn't be sure of attending until nearer the weekend. I was told 'Brighton haven't sold out their initial allocation of 1000 tickets and the away end holds 4000, so no problem'.

I now know that I will be able to attend so will be doing POTG, see you there!

Last season the corresponding away game was an end to end 0-0, either side could have nicked it although the sticky pitch made it a bit of a lottery. Razak started for us and looked like a real gem for about 30 minutes. The Albion had the stronger first half but true to our away form we sat back and gradually let Hull into the game and we did well to hold on. Yet it was clearly a game that we should have won as Hull weren't anything special. I recall Assulin coming on as sub and making one of the full backs (Rosenior?) look a complete mug who resorted to some desperate tactics so feel they are vulnerable to pace on the flanks. Aaron McClean came on for them and was a handful but fortunately didnt have his shooting boots on. However both sides have significantly changed since then plus Steve Bruce will be keen to make an impression so maybe the form book isn't much of a guide. Plus I see that Hull are hoping to up the atmosphere by introducing some Team GB olympic stars before the game.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Think we will start the season slowly and get better as it goes on and be in promotion form second half of the season.

Need new forward to come in and settle down to push on.

Has heskey gone anywhere yet?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
they have some decent players,korean,hobbs,aluko,fryatt ,rosenier etc,and gave us some big problems last season.
What are we all thinking,take a draw away,or 3 points??????

With the improvements in defence we should not concede any ,but can`t see us scoring either 0-0 for me.Can see McSmudger playing the sicknote card this season then blaming injuries for his lack of goals.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
1-0 Hull......Poyet Out, Bloom Out

Neither out they are both great for the club,but they will learn a tough lesson when they find out that investing in the ground and it`s facilities does not win games goals do,we could end up with the best ground in the 3rd division.Hard hat on and awaiting flak:D

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Both home & away games were 0-0 last season so a goal or two would be nice. Which way it will go, I'm not sure. but I reckon it will be 1-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here