Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hull 1st game expectations

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If we win, we'll win the league at a canter... If we draw then we are consolidating our position and if we lose then we'll have to sack the manager!

No change to normal then.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I expect hull to be strong this season but also think first game of season is a good time to play them.

3.1 Albion

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I went to Hull on a training course 10 years ago and vowed never to go back. I've decided to go next week so I'm going for 2-0 us, fingers crossed! :)

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
3-1 for us in a CARDIFF AWAY type performance, absolute domination with a late concellation!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
We really need 3 points at hull IMO.

It's a rotten first two games actually.

We ideally need 4 points out the first two. Neither are easy.

Two defeats could then open the door for Barnsley to snatch something. Which by rights should be our game.

But Burnley away then Wednesday at home are both tough.

We don't have the depth of some squads. Given our playoffs aspirations. I think we need a flyer. A bad start could really consign us to mid table season in two months really.

I know some would point to reading last season. But I wouldn't like that comparison.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Looking at the teams in the league, Hull is an away day which you'd say we should expect to take three points from.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'd settle for a draw but it would be good to get a win and have some momentum from the off. We need to beat teams like Hull if we're to be serious contenders.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On the basis of pre-season so far we are still giving the ball away in silly positions - just as we break from defence so we are at maximum disadvantage. If it's not Dicker then Dunk seems to have caught the disease. Maybe if elAbd comes in we will have a better chance of keeping a clean sheet but our style of play does invite self induced errors so even wearing my blue and white striped glasses I can't see us getting too many "nils" against, at least in the early part of the season.

As it stands it's hard to forecast quite how and with who we will line up at the front. I think we will trouble sides more away from home than we did last year though so overall I am going for an optimistic 1-1 draw to start our season. I think that will prove to be a very good result.

I don't rate Bruce as a manager but he has always had the nous to build a good coaching team to carry him and his sides tend to be dull but reasonably well organised despite his uncanny ability to buy relative duds invariably at high prices,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here